Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbill365 View Post
    I placed 6th 1 hour 30 minutes total time fukin bullshit and 5th place only gets 50 points and needs to rollovoer wat a penetrating joke!!!!
    well, look at the bright side........ you did't get moved from having just paid the blinds to being put right in front of them at crunch time like I did, and you also learned your hairy-assed woman with an over sized clit is a man --- so it wasn't a total loss........

ps sbr.... and i know i've ranted about this before: seriously, how f'n hard can it be to equalize tables by pulling the appropriate seat to the other table???? if the person right behind the blinds gets felted, you move the person from the other table in the same position to equalize........ this happens over and over and over

bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

Quote Originally Posted by Fire in da hole View Post
    Well when you are dealt QQ vs. KK first hand with a low flop this happens...

I'm sure you aren't a big fan of the new format as it goes against your pussy ass play style. I know... I know... look at the leadership board... Well, I wish it also had number of tournys played because i'm sure it would be 365 vs. maybe 50..
    Simple solution, accept my 2015 challenge pussy.

On second thought, it's not worth winning 0 pts from a broke dikk fukk like you.

Fire in da hole
    Fire in da hole's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1120

Well, you've managed to eliminate any and all doubt about your inability to rationalize normal logic. So, I'll spell it out for you. I don't live on this forum; I also don't have the time nor inclination to sit back and watch all the tourneys each day and enter the one that is easiest to win. You play everyday Monday - Friday all year long, while I may play in 50 tournaments all year. Your distinct advantage is quantity over quality, which you then manage to twist and turn into an attempt to call yourself some superior poker payer.

The fact of the matter nobody cares as much as you. You are probably some old ass man who sadly has nothing better to do than sit on this forum all day.

bobbywaves

I joined this site because I bet sports, poker here is additional entertainment. I'm not a working stiff like you, I'm retired & have plenty of free time. How I choose to spend my free time is my business.

Fact of the matter is, we can play the same # of tourney's & I'll win every time. Since you only play 50, we can count the first 50 tourney's played every year to prove this simple fact.

Slanina
    Slanina's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5895

Nice too see I'm not the only one feeling this way about the new setup.

Triple_D_Bet
    Triple_D_Bet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 219

Quote Originally Posted by bobbywaves View Post
    I joined this site because I bet sports, poker here is additional entertainment. I'm not a working stiff like you, I'm retired & have plenty of free time. How I choose to spend my free time is my business.

Fact of the matter is, we can play the same # of tourney's & I'll win every time. Since you only play 50, we can count the first 50 tourney's played every year to prove this simple fact.
    How odd...DS offered this same deal and several others to you, and you declined. Ya know, DS? The guy you claim to have "let" win, months after the fact? The one you're STILL ducking?

Quote Originally Posted by Slanina View Post
    Nice too see I'm not the only one feeling this way about the new setup.
    Indeed slaniner...classic promotional problem, people get used to lots being given away, when you scale it back a bit "free" deosn't look as good as "more for free".

Jeffie
    Jeffie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1163

Not a good format obv, but i see why they made it this way.
    They wanna avoid having to send BobbyWaves to Vegas for WSOP.
    Its an investment and they aren't looking for someone who wants to min cash.

bobbywaves

Quote Originally Posted by Triple_D_Bet View Post
    Ya know, DS? The guy you claim to have "let" win, months after the fact?
    Correct... I let DS win for a measly few K, as it nicely set up the much bigger prize of 34k in our challenge. Face it Tripe, you were played by Waves. Setup like a bowling pin.

I must admit you're taking the devastating loss to me like a champ, I thought you would be in hiding for months.

bobbywaves

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffie View Post
    Not a good format obv, but i see why they made it this way.
    They wanna avoid having to send BobbyWaves to Vegas for WSOP.
    Its an investment and they aren't looking for someone who wants to min cash.
    Yeah, SBR wouldn't want me to have a very respectable cash at the WSOP representing them.

SBR would much rather have a donkey like you get felted in the first five minutes.

Jeffie
    Jeffie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1163

Yeah, SBR wouldn't want me to have a very respectable cash at the WSOP representing them.

SBR would much rather have a donkey like you get felted in the first five minutes.
    Unfortunately for you Live is way different then SBR poker, your fold to min cash will not work.

brainfreeze
    Meaning
    brainfreeze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Indeed slaniner...classic promotional problem, people get used to lots being given away, when you scale it back a bit "free" deosn't look as good as "more for free".
    ... lol, got me there tripper.

I hope whoever wins this, snaps off the wsop, or at least a high place finish and brings more traffic to the forums as well...

lolbear
    lolbear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10321

the format stinks and unless you can commit the time to have a shot @ the WSOP seat, you shouldn't even be playing because it's not worth the time. How much is the prizepool, about 1000? If everyone in the field is about even odds, that's 20 points EV per person, and you will have to average to about an hour for it.

I don't browse the forum much but most of everyone's arguments are partially right and partially flawed.

I agree that the rewards drop is stupid and that it makes sense for the site, but it makes no sense for people to keep complaining. Just stop playing in them. It's not worth the time. The fact that despite the complaints these still fill up 50 people it tells SBR it's worth it for everyone so there's no need to change the structure.

As per consistency with other outside nonSBR tournaments, I agree for the most part except SBR needs to give incentives for people to play because
    1. this is for points not cash and they need rollover
    2. the blind structure is retarded (my least favorite is the jump from 100/200 to 150/300/25. You go from spending 300 in 1 orbit to 600-700 in 1 orbit).
    3. the software itself sucks and it's a pain to play there: no timeouts at all-- can't give a 10 second bank per session?, the player notes' format doesn't save, the cash game is nonexistent

lolbear

also, people whose styles won't adjust to the situation don't deserve to win in poker.

lolbear

last post, curious if others are in my shoes-- i stayed pro mostly for poker but at this current format i will play significantly less if at all. Will the free contests be enough to make pro status worthwhile?

Slanina
    Slanina's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by lolbear View Post
    last post, curious if others are in my shoes-- i stayed pro mostly for poker but at this current format i will play significantly less if at all. Will the free contests be enough to make pro status worthwhile?
    I went Pro in June because of poker. I hardly do contests anymore as I have no time cap daily pics. So if the format stays like this come June, I don't have a reason to renew or play poker. So we'll see. I like playing but I can't justify playing 1.5 hours a day for a piece of a 1000 point prize pool.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

the format stinks and unless you can commit the time to have a shot @ the WSOP seat, you shouldn't even be playing because it's not worth the time. How much is the prizepool, about 1000? If everyone in the field is about even odds, that's 20 points EV per person, and you will have to average to about an hour for it.

I don't browse the forum much but most of everyone's arguments are partially right and partially flawed.

I agree that the rewards drop is stupid and that it makes sense for the site, but it makes no sense for people to keep complaining. Just stop playing in them. It's not worth the time. The fact that despite the complaints these still fill up 50 people it tells SBR it's worth it for everyone so there's no need to change the structure.

As per consistency with other outside nonSBR tournaments, I agree for the most part except SBR needs to give incentives for people to play because
    1. this is for points not cash and they need rollover
    2. the blind structure is retarded (my least favorite is the jump from 100/200 to 150/300/25. You go from spending 300 in 1 orbit to 600-700 in 1 orbit).
    3. the software itself sucks and it's a pain to play there: no timeouts at all-- can't give a 10 second bank per session?, the player notes' format doesn't save, the cash game is nonexistent
    SBR Poker not dead with this format, but it's on life support without the changes Doug alluded to.

SBR saves money with the change. They go from giving out 12,000 points a day to 3,000. That's like an extra 45,000 points a week gone. Paying back loans has just become more difficult. Many players were cleaning up in ring games and they had already gone pro and/or signed up for books. I don't see what goes on behind the scenes, but from a business standpoint that alone doesn't make sense for the business to keep paying that out.

Now we have 50 player tournaments that last 2 hours and it's really only worth it if you win 1st. Even if you do, it's tough to roll 500 over with tumbleweeds blowing through the ring games. What we basically have is a satellite for the WSOP where the winner has to pay his air fare and hotel and sell 20% of himself after playing 200 hours of poker to get there. Who knows if the super turbo format will be in for the final too? That said, it's still a nice prize to try to get new players to sign up and there isn't anyone here who wouldn't be happy winning it, but the poker economy as a whole takes a hit.

I still enjoy the contests, so I'll renew with or without poker. I was enjoying the poker here though.

boscokid
    boscokid's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Basement View Post
    I hardly post but I had to chek forums after yesterdays tournaments since I didn't know what was going on. The new change really sucks big time.
    get a different avatar, noob

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

There is still Beat The Prick. The NCAA Tourney contest usually has a good payout.

eberetta1
    Win some cha-ching
    eberetta1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12575

Quote Originally Posted by Slanina View Post
    1) 5Dimes does a $500 freeroll. Top 70 pay. On average 450 people which is the equivalent of 8 places being paid. And 70th is I believe $1.38, which would translate into 29 points going by the value of Pizza cards. It's the only other place I play so I can only use that as an example.

Simply go back to old format or final table pays.
    I play in a $1K weekly tourney that pays top 60 players and had 219 players today. 51st-60th pays $2, which would translate into 42 points going by the value of Pizza cards.

I do not like the poker change at SBR. The ring games are on life support, non existent on weekdays. I have 6,000 points to rollover, so the new format for me gives me a chance to work on my current rollovers.
    Last edited by eberetta1; 01-24-15 at 06:23 PM.

eberetta1
    Win some cha-ching
    eberetta1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12575

Quote Originally Posted by thechaoz View Post
    not seeing how this doesnt kill tbl games
    May have to start playing the weekend poker buy-in games. Only 17 players, 15 paid. Much better odds than the daily 50 players, 5 paid.
    Last edited by eberetta1; 01-24-15 at 06:25 PM.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Ya I loved playing everyday now I tried Friday and called off knowing I had the worst of it just so I could go out.

I'll still pay time to time just to maybe catch the ring games

slikec
    slikec's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Ofc no poker player likes changes but we all know is not really point complaining just look last final was biggest turbo of all since i play here and we complained every final that is to fast so as result we get same blind structure but only 2k stack instead 5k.

Also we wrote many times the program of MTT have big mistake in it which is if you just were big blind and you get seated on other table it will move you UTG which means next hand youll be again big blind. We wrote that many times many players over last 2 years i play here is still the same.

I could go on but whats the point.

Slanina
    Slanina's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by slikec View Post
    Ofc no poker player likes changes but we all know is not really point complaining just look last final was biggest turbo of all since i play here and we complained every final that is to fast so as result we get same blind structure but only 2k stack instead 5k.

Also we wrote many times the program of MTT have big mistake in it which is if you just were big blind and you get seated on other table it will move you UTG which means next hand youll be again big blind. We wrote that many times many players over last 2 years i play here is still the same.

I could go on but whats the point.
    A few days ago I posted my blinds. Folded small blind and immediately moved tables. Played 1 hand and was posting again. 4 blinds in 5 hands. Soon as I folded small again I got moved. Played two hands and posted again. It was unreal. 6 blinds posted in 9 hands. And blinds were 100/200 when it started the musical tables. Shit happens but I definitely wasn't happy at the time.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

I like paying 5, that's what it should be, but the payouts are ridiculously low, especially since they have 2 less dailies.

Triple_D_Bet

Correct... I let DS win for a measly few K, as it nicely set up the much bigger prize of 34k in our challenge. Face it Tripe, you were played by Waves. Setup like a bowling pin.

I must admit you're taking the devastating loss to me like a champ, I thought you would be in hiding for months.
    Oh look, you selectively quoting someone and ignoring the parts that show you to be a hypocrite...shocker

Why would I hide exactly? Bad beats happen, and in poker even a combination of improbable events occurs more frequently than we'd prefer....yet another thing those of us who've played poker outside of freerolls understand. Another being that you lucking into a win doesn't make your comments before or since any less proof that you're the poker idiot we always knew you to be....the claim to have loss to DS (along with the constant ducking of him since, when it had no impact on any wagers) is just icing on the idiot cake

Triple_D_Bet

Quote Originally Posted by eberetta1 View Post
    I play in a $1K weekly tourney that pays top 60 players and had 219 players today. 51st-60th pays $2, which would translate into 42 points going by the value of Pizza cards.

I do not like the poker change at SBR. The ring games are on life support, non existent on weekdays. I have 6,000 points to rollover, so the new format for me gives me a chance to work on my current rollovers.
    Couple of things:

1) Playing for 2-3 hours and winning 42 points isn't that much different than nothing...the entire concept of a poker tournament as a test of skill revolves around the fact that payouts are very top-heavy, instead of handing out participation awards just for showing up and folding into top 50% of field. I understand many players might prefer the freebies, but that's not poker; that's a watered-down version of the game.

2) paying out a bigger-than-normal percentage of the field, even a pittance, isn't what the WSOP does...so why would SBR want to choose a representative based on one format and then throw them into something completely different? Granted, the poor formatting choices they've made for blind structure, hand to hand, etc is already doing that to an extent...but it's a valid reason I think, even if SBR doesn't appear to care too much.

3) Real money poker sites have a clear business model that can afford to run freerolls as part of their marketing budget; SBR obviously did the same thing with points for years. If it was working for their model, they'd be wise to continue to do so. Perhaps it wasn't (doesn't seem like it was anyways), or perhaps nobody's thinking like that...but it's another reason for the difference. Like any other marketing tool, freerolls exist to induce spending, not reward anyone who cares to show up and can stand the boredom of folding to top 30% of field.

It certainly does set the ring games back a bit, and SBR would need to figure something out if they want to keep those around. Don't remember seeing you at weekday games much anyways though, aren't you usually flipping in Omaha on weekends?

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    I like paying 5, that's what it should be, but the payouts are ridiculously low, especially since they have 2 less dailies.
    Nod, paying 5 brings the game more in line with actual poker. Points could be more, and maybe they should be for a prize that wasn't as big at the end....but this one's OK i think.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    Increasing the payouts for top 5, even thru a buy-in, would have been sharp.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

This format does keep people in it longer. In the old format, if you missed 2-3 weeks you were done. In this format you can miss half the contest, go on a heater, and make the top 50.

bobbywaves

Why would I hide exactly?
    Because you talked trash while trailing, like an idiot.

Only to suffer a humiliating smackdown from Waves by 2,100+.

Triple_D_Bet

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Increasing the payouts for top 5, even thru a buy-in, would have been sharp.
    Meh, maybe....10 point buyins would have increased prizes a little, but still not as much as people are used to, and would have dropped participation (also might not be a bad thing). End result would be a less top-heavy/true poker payout, which many would obviously prefer. End result probably something like old number of entrants, similar prizes for top couple places with smaller prize pool than normal...people would probably still complain about top-heavier format.

Seems like simplest thing to do would be to make payouts slide on number of entrants...hard to imagine why this isn't done. Free poker software can do this, so you;d think SBR's "$75,000" software could do it

Because you talked trash while trailing, like an idiot.

Only to suffer a humiliating smackdown from Waves by 2,100+.
    Shrug....why wouldn't I talk trash? In addition to making things more entertaining in general, it's clear that I'm the better player...you prove it nearly every time you open your mouth to comment on anything poker-related.

Don't expect you to understand it when told the 100th time of course, and might be a little sad if you did....your only redeeming feature here is that you're an extremely-tap-resistant fish, and it would be a huge loss to entertainment if you actually wised up

bobbywaves

why wouldn't I talk trash?
    Because talking trash while trailing a challenge like you did, is both ignorant & classless.

The sad fact is you're still not humbled by this humiliating defeat. As you're still talking trash, even after I clearly proved to be the superior poker player.

Triple_D_Bet

Because talking trash while trailing a challenge like you did, is both ignorant & classless.

The sad fact is you're still not humbled by this humiliating defeat. As you're still talking trash, even after I clearly proved to be the superior poker player.
    I know not reading is kind of your thing, and I don't wanna get in the way of that...but if you ever plan on learning to read, bookmark this page (or the whole year's worth of posts)...it might be entertaining/humbling if you go back and actually read what you type

bobbywaves

I know not reading is kind of your thing, and I don't wanna get in the way of that...but if you ever plan on learning to read, bookmark this page (or the whole year's worth of posts)...it might be entertaining/humbling if you go back and actually read what you type
    Apparently the truth I speak has struck a nerve, hopefully you'll learn from your humbling defeat & move on.

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1710

Almost every live tourny ive played pays top 10 percent

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 501

Quote Originally Posted by Itsamazing777 View Post
    Almost every live tourny ive played pays top 10 percent
    and almost everyone that plays poker here is a pro

First 123 Last