horja1
    Grrrrrr
    horja1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by sweep View Post
    do the poker tourny points need to be rolled over?

i sure hope not
    not this time

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

Rudy is the man

aggieshawn
    SBR youtube Channels
    aggieshawn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1622

Quote Originally Posted by boeing power View Post
    Calling for a guy to get fired over a free tournament?

Happy fukin new year to you too sean.
    Spell my name right you fk'n Canadian.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Chi_archie

aggieshawn
    SBR youtube Channels

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    A lot of freeloaders here with without a dime to their names crying like children

eep up the excellent work Douglas and do not listen to these clowns

You Quit... GO FK YOURSELF....

aggieshawn
    SBR youtube Channels

Biggest tourney of 2015 and where is Poker Mod Douglas.????

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

It's true

JJ quit SBR
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: aggieshawn

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Eh, you knew it was coming. This was set up just like the Dailys. Only difference is you had 50 players playing like nits early on and suddenly you have 300/600 blinds with antes and 40 players with 2500 chips or less. Not much strategy, Just push and pray in this one. All tournaments have a little luck involved. Would have been nice for the final to have bigger starting stacks or longer blind levels. As played, great job to the winners. We all played under the same set of rules here.

aggieshawn
    SBR youtube Channels

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Eh, you knew it was coming. This was set up just like the Dailys. Only difference is you had 50 players playing like nits early on and suddenly you have 300/600 blinds with antes and 40 players with 2500 chips or less. Not much strategy, Just push and pray in this one. All tournaments have a little luck involved. Would have been nice for the final to have bigger starting stacks or longer blind levels. As played, great job to the winners. We all played under the same set of rules here.

Exactly.. Dane knows his shttt.

GaryDN
    GaryDN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20008

Just a thought, if we started with 5000 chips, most of the players would not be under ten big blinds like it was, making it a shoot out very early in the game. Once again, just a thought ! still a great tourney!

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32279

Aggie still mistaking luck for talent.

Triple_D_Bet
    Triple_D_Bet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 219

+1. Weird choice of format by SBR here, and hard to complain too much about a freeroll with a bunch of cash on the line....but it does kind of undermine the contest when the championship is mostly random. Congrats to the winners, lets hope Doug gets it right next time

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by aggieshawn View Post
    Exactly.. Dane knows his shttt.
    agreed....... dane hit it, as did Garydn..... it'd be nice to see a deeper stack trny with at least 20 min blind levels, preferably 30, and let some poker be played.......

klemopixx
    Shit just got real.
    klemopixx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2395

Every tournament has rounds that are way too short and small starting stacks, even live ones! I play all the time in the Philly/AC area and after 4 rounds its still an all-in fest. Unless you are in a "deep stack" tournament or playing in a REAL tournament with a bigger buy-in then its always going to be a crap shoot. I agree that something as big as this should have a different blind structure, but then again everyone played these tourneys to get there in the first place. Why change it at the end? Congrats to the winners and Thanks to SBR for running it, maybe next year I can get enough cashes to qualify.

Slanina
    Slanina's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5895

Gotta agree the blind structure was a little weak. Dailies are fine as there are 5 of them and not playing for $5,000 cash. I was down to 800 and pushed with AK. No one respects 800 chips. So AJ took me out. Awesome fun. Any one see the bubble play? Now that's sick.

BeerDog99
    BeerDog99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

We have asked to have better structures for the big tourneys for a long time. Nothing has changed.

Also, I am surprised that Doug does not seem to be around during one of the biggest tourney's SBR has run.....

Triple_D_Bet

Quote Originally Posted by klemopixx View Post
    Every tournament has rounds that are way too short and small starting stacks, even live ones! I play all the time in the Philly/AC area and after 4 rounds its still an all-in fest. Unless you are in a "deep stack" tournament or playing in a REAL tournament with a bigger buy-in then its always going to be a crap shoot. I agree that something as big as this should have a different blind structure, but then again everyone played these tourneys to get there in the first place. Why change it at the end? Congrats to the winners and Thanks to SBR for running it, maybe next year I can get enough cashes to qualify.
    The qualifying tourney format is a little hokey (stretched out payouts), but not too bad...but when you cram 50 players into similar conditions, it breaks down very quickly. Anti-climactic to have the final play more hectically and randomly than a daily tournament. Still, as always, thanks to SBR for the freebie
    Points Awarded:

Slanina gave Triple_D_Bet 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

BeerDog99 gave Triple_D_Bet 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

lolbear
    lolbear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10321

Going to echo every one here, great promotion, too much of a crapshoot for such good prizes. Why not make it a "better" tournament to reward people when you are putting up such great prizes?

One difference I'd like to point out is that I don't think longer levels or higher stacks are necessary, but there are clearly several blind levels that jumped too much. Most importantly, the 100/200 => 150/300/25 is way too drastic and realistically, it makes it impossible to play hands during the 100/200 blinds unless you have lots of chips early on. If you are familiar with Harrington's concept of M (# of "rounds" you have left-- essentially chip stack divided by initial pot), you can literally have ~2500 in the 100/200 level for an M of 8.3, and then literally when the blind jumps, you drop to an M of 4..

Essentially if you raise with anything non-premium preflop at 100/200 and it fails, you are risking a HUGE downgrade because of a huge increase at the next blind levels.

IMO in that example, there should be a level in between, such as 100/200/25 or 150/300, and then 150/300/25. Just my 2 cents.

Great tourney regardless.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

I agree with shawn to a point, but 50 players and 1 getting 5000 is hard to complain about.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Will SBR us this format for the bash tourney? Was away all weekend so not sure what happened but congrats to winner

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!
    mpaschal34's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5600

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    Will SBR us this format for the bash tourney? Was away all weekend so not sure what happened but congrats to winner
    yes...this has already been discussed in the bash poker tourney thread. they only have the poker room for 3 hours so it will have to go fast. last night's tourney was a little under two hours and it was auto-dealt (many more hands). so with live dealing and only 3 hours, you will get even less hands to play in the bash tourney. so it will certainly be an all in fest at the end. gotta get lucky. but then again, it's free money, so can we complain too much?

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

it'll have to be an even worse structure, candidly..... as mp said; the dealing alone will slow the game down to a crawl..... "ultra-turbo" is the term that best describes it, to be finished in three hours.....

aggieshawn
    SBR youtube Channels

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    A lot of freeloaders here with without a dime to their names crying like children

Keep up the excellent work Douglas and do not listen to these clowns

FK you, You QUIT

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    I think the SBR Bash Tournament should be a 1 chip tournament with 3 minute blinds

Jedi Mind Picks
    Jedi Mind Picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

I think the SBR Bash Tournament should be a 1 chip tournament with 3 minute blinds
    All skill yo'z.

Triple_D_Bet

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    it'll have to be an even worse structure, candidly..... as mp said; the dealing alone will slow the game down to a crawl..... "ultra-turbo" is the term that best describes it, to be finished in three hours.....
    Seems like it will be worse than that; poker room only seats 36 out of the 50...highly likely that it will take the blinds getting ridiculous to bounce 14 of the original 36 so the next 14 can sit, and when those 14 sit with only a starting stack, they're going to immediately have to start shoving as well

Semi-solution: get the poker room for Saturday as well, and run the first half of the tourney then (or better yet, two 25-mans for 3 hours each, with combined field of 36 or less on Sunday). If the poker room can be had Saturday morning/early afternoon as seems likely, that would make the tournament a lot more memorable and less of a flip/shovefest. Make it happen Doug, show us what you kinda pull you've got around here
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: mpaschal34

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Quote Originally Posted by Triple_D_Bet View Post
    Seems like it will be worse than that; poker room only seats 36 out of the 50...highly likely that it will take the blinds getting ridiculous to bounce 14 of the original 36 so the next 14 can sit, and when those 14 sit with only a starting stack, they're going to immediately have to start shoving as well

Semi-solution: get the poker room for Saturday as well, and run the first half of the tourney then (or better yet, two 25-mans for 3 hours each, with combined field of 36 or less on Sunday). If the poker room can be had Saturday morning/early afternoon as seems likely, that would make the tournament a lot more memorable and less of a flip/shovefest. Make it happen Doug, show us what you kinda pull you've got around here

From the Hard Rock Hotel Punta Cana Poker Room website. Seems like they could make it happen as Trip suggested.

The Hard Rock Poker Room offers cash games every night of the week. We are open from 8 P.M until 4 A.M. The first cash game starts as soon as we have 4 or more players. We spread $1-$2 No Limit Hold'em nightly and Pot Limit Omaha by request. We have the lowest rake in the country (maximum $6). We also offer private tables to groups of 5 or more players. Also, we periodically host major Poker tournaments - this year we will be hosting the Punta Cana Poker Classic, Tower Torneos Beach Event, and the Ante Up Magazine World Championship.

First 12