spider
    spider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 46953

re : double tournies ---two wrongs do not make a right

Added tourneys on 10/7 notice
    During October 7 schedule of play, the auto scheduler relisted and we were unable to cancel the duplicate 9 and 11pm tournaments.
    We apologize for not communicating that during the time, and we will be hosting a weekend freeroll (which will not count for standings purposes) on top of the BTP Saturday to make up for it. As the added tourneys otherwise played, standings will count.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

note to sbr admin:
    the double tourneys for 9pm and 11pm were listed all day. a few people posted about it in threads. nothing was done.
    at the 10am tourney there was 39 entries
    at the 5pm tourney there was 40 entries
    at the 7pm tourney there was 34 entries
    then you had at 9pm one with 32 entries and one with 12 entries
    at 11pm one with 13 entries and one with 12 entries

so to make this right you will count everything and add freeroll on saturday that will not count in the standings but where the same people can play again?
    the only fair thing do do is to throw out the whole day ( all 7 tourneys ) and not count in the standings., otherwise you are giving even more bonus to people that already cashed in.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 6 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Triple_D_Bet, bobbywaves, Fire in da hole, mikejamm, BeerDog99, and Slanina

Triple_D_Bet
    Triple_D_Bet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 219

Quote Originally Posted by spider View Post
    Added tourneys on 10/7 notice
    During October 7 schedule of play, the auto scheduler relisted and we were unable to cancel the duplicate 9 and 11pm tournaments.
    We apologize for not communicating that during the time, and we will be hosting a weekend freeroll (which will not count for standings purposes) on top of the BTP Saturday to make up for it. As the added tourneys otherwise played, standings will count.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

note to sbr admin:
    the double tourneys for 9pm and 11pm were listed all day. a few people posted about it in threads. nothing was done.
    at the 10am tourney there was 39 entries
    at the 5pm tourney there was 40 entries
    at the 7pm tourney there was 34 entries
    then you had at 9pm one with 32 entries and one with 12 entries
    at 11pm one with 13 entries and one with 12 entries

so to make this right you will count everything and add freeroll on saturday that will not count in the standings but where the same people can play again?
    the only fair thing do do is to throw out the whole day ( all 7 tourneys ) and not count in the standings., otherwise you are giving even more bonus to people that already cashed in.
    True, but unlikely to happen spider. Look at what happened the last time they messed up and added a make-up day on Saturday: no1home and a few others entered anyways and tried to scam some more points, yet SBR did nothing even when it was brought to their attention

Opti for poker mod!
    Points Awarded:

hhsilver gave Triple_D_Bet 2000 Betpoint(s) for this post.

bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

Quote Originally Posted by spider View Post
    the only fair thing do do is to throw out the whole day ( all 7 tourneys ) and not count in the standings.
    Of course, unfortunately common sense doesn't rule here.

Not to mention, there's obviously a high stake annual challenge affected by this.

Triple_D_Bet

Quote Originally Posted by bobbywaves View Post
    Of course, unfortunately common sense doesn't rule here.

Not to mention, there's obviously a high stake annual challenge affected by this.
    Given your constant angle-shooting for smaller tournaments, I have no pity for you choosing the wrong tournament to play in...if the points won were reversed, somehow I doubt you'd be looking to not count the day Outcome of our contest is unaffected and not likely to change anyways, as it's hard to imagine a scenario where you win by 250 points or less.

bobbywaves

Quote Originally Posted by Triple_D_Bet View Post
    Given your constant angle-shooting for smaller tournaments, I have no pity for you choosing the wrong tournament to play in...if the points won were reversed, somehow I doubt you'd be looking to not count the day Outcome of our contest is unaffected and not likely to change anyways, as it's hard to imagine a scenario where you win by 250 points or less.
    I could have easy cashed on 10/7, by entering the 12 man tourney instead of the 32 man tourney. But since I'm not an angle shooter like you looking for a 12 man tourney, I chose to do the right thing.

Since your reading comprehension lacks, the affected scenario would be you winning by 250 or less.

I agree it shouldn't come in to play, as I don't see you winning.

Triple_D_Bet

I could have easy cashed on 10/7, by entering the 12 man tourney instead of the 32 man tourney. But since I'm not an angle shooter like you looking for a 12 man tourney, I chose to do the right thing.

Since your reading comprehension lacks, the affected scenario would be you winning by 250 or less.

I agree it shouldn't come in to play, as I don't see you winning.
    Given your history of and continued tendency to do anything to try to eek out a min cash, good luck finding somebody you can trick into thinking that other than yourself

You don't see me winning, yet I'm better than you by both the poker world's definition and your own warped ones?

bobbywaves

Given your history of and continued tendency to do anything to try to eek out a min cash, good luck finding somebody you can trick into thinking that other than yourself
    No tricking involved, my actions speak way louder than your words. I clearly had a choice between a 12 man & 32 man tourney. Yet I chose 32 players, as I don't angle shoot & duck the competition like you & DS.

Triple_D_Bet

No tricking involved, my actions speak way louder than your words. I clearly had a choice between a 12 man & 32 man tourney. Yet I chose 32 players, as I don't angle shoot & duck the competition like you & DS.
    Of course there's no tricking involved, you're completely incapable of fooling anyone but yourself...yet you never stop trying, it's quite entertaining

Your actions certainly do speak for themselves...and they're shouting so loudly we can't hear your feeble protests to ignore them

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Not the first time they've botched poker tournaments. Made a pretty big botch that cost me in the triathlon and just said sorry about your luck. I hate to say they don't care but this is at the bottom of their priority list.

like why the fukk do we still have hand for hand with 15 players left?

And how about being sharp enough to sign up for the tournament with 12 players?

bobbywaves

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    And how about being sharp enough to sign up for the tournament with 12 players?
    How about because 12 players was obviously a mistake tourney & shouldn't have counted.

When you have poker skills, one doesn't need to duck the competition.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Part of having poker skills is realizing where you have an edge. I'm not going to sit at a table with my life's savings against Phil Ivey, Tom Dwan, and Phil Galfond when there's a table of tourists right beside it.

you guys should know by now they're going to count it. Have they ever reversed a tournament where everyone could register? I don't agree with it, but it is what it is
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Triple_D_Bet

bobbywaves

It's very simple, mistake tourney's such as these shouldn't count. Why would someone be the first to register for an obvious duplicate mistake tourney? It's a douche move, just register where you see the other player(s).

Triple_D_Bet

It's very simple, mistake tourney's such as these shouldn't count. Why would someone be the first to register for an obvious duplicate mistake tourney? It's a douche move, just register where you see the other player(s).
    Would you say it's more or less douchey than blatantly stalling with a hand in a situation where no thought is required?

bobbywaves

Would you say it's more or less douchey than blatantly stalling with a hand in a situation where no thought is required?
    "More douchey", as there's obviously no way to prove your "blatant stalling" allegations. News flash Tripe, people multitask while playing SBR poker & distractions arise.

Triple_D_Bet

"More douchey", as there's obviously no way to prove your "blatant stalling" allegations. News flash Tripe, people multitask while playing SBR poker & distractions arise.
    Oh? And when those "distractions" happen to happen exclusively when you're near the bubble, with an obviously good hand and tourney isn't hand for hand, month after month...that's just a coincidence?

bobbywaves

Oh? And when those "distractions" happen to happen exclusively when you're near the bubble, with an obviously good hand and tourney isn't hand for hand, month after month...that's just a coincidence?
    Not sure who you're referring to but must assume Eberetta, as to my knowledge his timer is only one to be cut in half for "blatant stalling" allegations. In Eberetta's defense, it absolutely could be a "coincidence." Eb said he was helping a disabled person eat chips, which is a very noble thing to do. Maybe Eb & family eats dinner while playing poker, who are you to judge?

Triple_D_Bet

Not sure who you're referring to but must assume Eberetta, as to my knowledge his timer is only one to be cut in half for "blatant stalling" allegations. In Eberetta's defense, it absolutely could be a "coincidence." Eb said he was helping a disabled person eat chips, which is a very noble thing to do. Maybe Eb & family eats dinner while playing poker, who are you to judge?
    Nothing against eberetta, he's actually not as bad about it as you are. Let me bring you up to speed with where everyone else is bobbo: the above refers to you. Nothing better than a self-proclaimed poker master who can't even figure that much out

bobbywaves

Nothing against eberetta, he's actually not as bad about it as you are.
    With half a time bank, it's not possible for Eberetta be worse than anyone.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Wait, he has half a time bank?

Triple_D_Bet

With half a time bank, it's not possible for Eberetta be worse than anyone.
    Half a time bank and a complete brain, better off than you with the reverse

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Stalling is annoying, but there's really nothing unethical about it. I'd bet 99% of your Mtt's online are going to have it in some way.

Triple_D_Bet

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Stalling is annoying, but there's really nothing unethical about it. I'd bet 99% of your Mtt's online are going to have it in some way.
    Without a doubt it exists. Ethics aside, at the very least it's an admission that the stalling player isn't confident they can cash without grabbing onto a tiny edge, hoping that other players are too polite to claim the same tiny edge and re-level the field. There's a reason you don't see any player of strength doing this: if you have to grab such a tiny edge that's considered extremely poor form, you don't belong on the table in the first place, right?

bobbywaves

Half a time bank and a complete brain, better off than you with the reverse
    Yet with all due respect to Mr.Eberetta, he's never finished higher than a "brainless" Waves in any leaderboard event. How is that possible Tripe?

Triple_D_Bet

Yet with all due respect to Mr.Eberetta, he's never finished higher than a "brainless" Waves in any leaderboard event. How is that possible Tripe?
    These things happen for various reasons. After all, there was a time when you claimed the same about me - yet here we are, with me proven superior to you, even by your own admission

playersonly69
    playersonly69's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 142

boobywaves,

You benefited in the last series on a tournament where less than 5 players were actually able to log in. And OF COURSE you won 600 points an counted that shit for the year long challenge

bobbywaves

Without a doubt it exists. Ethics aside, at the very least it's an admission that the stalling player isn't confident they can cash without grabbing onto a tiny edge, hoping that other players are too polite to claim the same tiny edge and re-level the field. There's a reason you don't see any player of strength doing this: if you have to grab such a tiny edge that's considered extremely poor form, you don't belong on the table in the first place, right?
    Wrong, couldn't be further from the truth. Hand for hand bubble play was made to combat stalling. Are you insinuating I invented this reason? I'm flattered Tripe, but I didn't invent it. What about all the people sneaking into a cash at WSOP events, earning thousands? Don't confuse confidence with intelligence.

If SBR cared about stallers, surely they would change hand for hand to the correct 13 players.

bobbywaves

These things happen for various reasons. After all, there was a time when you claimed the same about me - yet here we are, with me proven superior to you, even by your own admission
    Only thing proven is I finished way ahead of you last year. This year is obviously still pending, talk to me on 1/1/15.

bobbywaves

Quote Originally Posted by playersonly69 View Post
    boobywaves,

You benefited in the last series on a tournament where less than 5 players were actually able to log in. And OF COURSE you won 600 points an counted that shit for the year long challenge
    Apparently this POS thinks if he keeps claiming falsehoods, they might miraculously become true. Kind of like Tripe, but on a much higher level.

Triple_D_Bet

boobywaves,

Bobbo's an idiot, but the tourney you're referring to doesn't seem to have gone down like that, as verified by a much more reputable poster than bobbo.

Wrong, couldn't be further from the truth. Hand for hand bubble play was made to combat stalling. Are you insinuating I invented this reason? I'm flattered Tripe, but I didn't invent it. What about all the people sneaking into a cash at WSOP events, earning thousands? Don't confuse confidence with intelligence.

If SBR cared about stallers, surely they would change hand for hand to the correct 13 players.

SBR does not care, this has been made clear. Hand for hand would prevent shady players like you from trying to grab a tiny edge, but my assessment is spot on, and I'm sure most here would agree with it.

Only thing proven is I finished way ahead of you last year. This year is obviously still pending, talk to me on 1/1/15.
    Funny, you were spouting off a lot of the same against me until a couple months ago...and yet here we are, with me in the lead and no sign of you being able to reclaim it. Better player by everyone's standards, including your own....there's just no way to argue with that

hhsilver
    hhsilver's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29922

boobywaves,

I was in that 7pm game. The 9 and 11 had problems. The 7 was fine. There were about 30 players. All seemed able to log in and play. Everyone at any table I was at was able to actively participate. I made final table and was at several tables along the way. The game took the usual 1.5 hr or so. Nothing out of the ordinary about it.

bobbywaves

Quote Originally Posted by hhsilver View Post
    I was in that 7pm game. The 9 and 11 had problems. The 7 was fine. There were about 30 players. All seemed able to log in and play. Everyone at any table I was at was able to actively participate. I made final table and was at several tables along the way. The game took the usual 1.5 hr or so. Nothing out of the ordinary about it.
    POS was told this the dozen times he claimed it, fails to believe truth every time. Sour grapes because I took the tourney down.

bobbywaves

Bobbo's an idiot, but the tourney you're referring to doesn't seem to have gone down like that, as verified by a much more reputable poster than bobbo.
    Nobody more reputable than me, fact.

SBR does not care, this has been made clear. Hand for hand would prevent shady players like you from trying to grab a tiny edge, but my assessment is spot on, and I'm sure most here would agree with it.
    Your assessment is way off as usual.

Funny, you were spouting off a lot of the same against me until a couple months ago...and yet here we are, with me in the lead and no sign of you being able to reclaim it. Better player by everyone's standards, including your own....there's just no way to argue with that
    Funny how you were spouting off when you were getting your ass kicked by 3k. So obviously making up 650 in 2+ months is nothing, can be made up in 2 days. Talk to me 1/1/15.

Robber
    Robber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 92737

Nobody more reputable than me, fact.
    Add 'fact' to the long list of words Bobbo cannot comprehend.

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

boobywaves,

Quote Originally Posted by hhsilver View Post
    I was in that tournament as well. IIRC I got 2nd or 3rd. As mentioned months ago (when it happened) the tournament seemed almost completely normal with around 30 participants and nobody dcing out.

PO, that is the 3rd or 4th time you've made a post about that tournament that was completely false. Why do you continue to blatantly lie about it? Really strange.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

confidence issues aside, there is nothing unethical about playing within the rules. Annoying, sure. But if your shortstackd on the bubble at a big mtt event, say the main event, and you know others are doing it and the blinds are way up, you'd be a fool not to use every tool at your disposal, including "puppcaking." Puppcaking is using the full time allotment, aptly named after a player on the old ESPN Poker site. This bitch, Puppcake, stalled every hand from he beginning of the trny until she donked out...... Miserably annoyin to be stuck at her table at any of ESPN big events (wsop sets, vegas trips, etc.)

12 Last