Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by SharpAngles View Post
    This makes you sound incredibly emo. Look on the bright side and all that. Your talking about being depressed over making 2 million in just over a year.
    I wouldn't say suicidal, obviously hyperbole but it would be depressing. When you get that far, you want to win and for it to happen two years in a row where you make the final table and go out first from there, it would absolutely hurt.

STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Mark Newhouse raised to 500,000 under the gun. Maximilian Senft called, as did Luis Velador on the button. Newhouse checked the flop, and Senft took the opportunity to bet 775,000. Velador called, as did Newhouse. On the turn, everyone checked. An hit, and three checks followed. Senft's lost to the of Velador.

Strange hand to me. Newhouse didn't get out of line and Velador didn't even try anything. Everyone treading lightly.
    newhouse probably had a worse ace or a broadway draw and was peeling one in a multiway pot. no sense in trying to bluff against two opponents on the river when you've shown weakness and with a bad ace, you just wanna get to showdown cheaply as possible

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by STAX View Post
    newhouse probably had a worse ace or a broadway draw and was peeling one in a multiway pot. no sense in trying to bluff against two opponents on the river when you've shown weakness and with a bad ace, you just wanna get to showdown cheaply as possible
    I get his play but not Velador. I guess if he bets, he could only be raised or everyone folds so doesn't want that decision.

STAX

Quote Originally Posted by SharpAngles View Post
    This makes you sound incredibly emo. Look on the bright side and all that. Your talking about being depressed over making 2 million in just over a year.
    1.5 million but anyways... you had two chances at being set for life... i promise you thats what will be going thru his head

Cuse0323

Break soon, anywhere to watch this?

STAX

I get his play but not Velador. I guess if he bets, he could only be raised or everyone folds so doesn't want that decision.
    he wants to get to showdown cheaply, AT not a strong hand with that board, but is the best hand a lot of the time. he also knows Newhouse is the only one capable of raising the river light, and he probably wasnt prepared to make that tough decision. So he sacrificed a value bet in order to scoop the pot every time he has the best hand (Obv he is gonna call a river bet by Newhouse). He had to have QT in Newhouse's range and that just made the backdoor nuts. Newhouse capable of repping QT too with a big raise on the river (again he is the only one capable of this IMO without seeing the action)

Cuse0323

Doesn't look like it's streaming...love this shit though. Enjoy reading about hands and talking about 'em, if I just had people to talk about hands with coming up then I would have been so much better. Such an edge to be able to play with people then talk about what they were thinking after, that's why the young guns have ruled lately.

Cuse0323

he wants to get to showdown cheaply, AT not a strong hand with that board, but is the best hand a lot of the time. he also knows Newhouse is the only one capable of raising the river light, and he probably wasnt prepared to make that tough decision. So he sacrificed a value bet in order to scoop the pot every time he has the best hand (Obv he is gonna call a river bet by Newhouse). He had to have QT in Newhouse's range and that just made the backdoor nuts. Newhouse capable of repping QT too with a big raise on the river (again he is the only one capable of this IMO without seeing the action)
    Yeah, normal play after looking at it more. No reason to bet there but would have called a bet for sure.

STAX

Doesn't look like it's streaming...love this shit though. Enjoy reading about hands and talking about 'em, if I just had people to talk about hands with coming up then I would have been so much better. Such an edge to be able to play with people then talk about what they were thinking after, that's why the young guns have ruled lately.
    yup talking about hands with other top players is soooooo valuable. When I played pro I had a real good friend I skyped with every night during our sessions, and we did nothing but go over key hands. He was always a lot better and played bigger limits than me, but he valued my opinion and I certainly valued his. I railed him on skype when he won a WCOOP event for 300K on his own dime... it was awesome

STAX

Also, Newhouse could also have hit aces up with the 8 and 9 on turn and river... just a lot to be scared of with AT there

Cuse0323

Newhouse lost over 5 mil in a pot after getting a 2.25 mil bluff picked off on the river. Instant muck.

Politano called with 7/2 on a 97343 board.

Cuse0323

This is why I sit back and fold to the final table myself. Newhouse is good but pressing the issue now.

STAX

Newhouse lost over 5 mil in a pot after getting a 2.25 mil bluff picked off on the river. Instant muck.

yup he's the one playing with balls... just got picked off though. I dont think he is making the final table

STAX

hes gonna have to be at risk for his tourny life at least once to make the final table... bad image and a dwindling stack... only 31 BBs left... good time to pick up a hand. he needs to concentrate on his preflop reads and/or pick up a big hand

STAX

also you cant bluff brazilians

Cuse0323

Yep, tough spot now. How did McCorkell go from 5 mil to 49 mil, I missed that one.

Exactly what I was thinking about the Brazilians. No fear.

STAX

just read the hand summary and thats a bad bluff by newhouse... he shouldda semi-bluffed it on the turn with his flush/str draw... he gives away that he isnt floating the flop when he checks back the turn. really the only hands he could have is TT/JJ/QQ that beat a pair of 7's there. Never has a 9, and he isnt valuing 88. TT and JJ are the only hands he could have that are good there, and maybe QQ. And Newhouse would 4bet pre with those hands some of the time too.

when he checks the turn, he cant bluff the river, that is just bad. if he semi bluffs the turn, he can bet half pot on the river no matter what comes
    Last edited by STAX; 07-14-14 at 11:55 PM.

Cuse0323

Looks the McCorkell thing was an error unless he went from 5 to 49 then back to 5.

Cuse0323

just read the hand summary and thats a bad bluff by newhouse... he shouldda semi-bluffed it on the turn with his flush draw... he gives away that he isnt floating the flop when he checks back the turn. bad bluff
    Yeah, telegraphed that one.

STAX

Bruno down to 2 MIL? what happened?

STAX

anyone know how old this Christopher Greaves is? He is from the same town as that crazy bitch I met in Vegas from Indiana... Zionsville. Unreal if she is there mooching off this guy... wouldnt surprise me one bit LOL

STAX

Newhouse elimiates McCorkell, up to 14MIL now. Wow he needed that one!!!

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Hand #83: Craig McCorkell shoved all in from the button for 4.175 million. Mark Newhouse called from the small blind, and Bruno Politano folded, showing .
    McCorkell:
    Newhouse:

The flop brought , and suddenly McCorkell was a lot less live as Newhouse had a flush draw. A turned, changing nothing, and the spelled the end for McCorkell.

Interesting fold by Politano. If Newhouse pushes I wonder if he still folds the pair?

Cuse0323

anyone know how old this Christopher Greaves is? He is from the same town as that crazy bitch I met in Vegas from Indiana... Zionsville. Unreal if she is there mooching off this guy... wouldnt surprise me one bit LOL
    Looks a bit nerdy.

http://www.pokernews.com/video/wsop-...shirt-9088.htm

Cuse0323

The Austrian hanging on for dear life...Maximilian!

STAX

I think he folds the pair no matter what Newhouse does. Newhouse only had 5MIL more

STAX

yeah nerdy for sure, dont think he is the type to fall for her crap

Cuse0323

Easier fold if Newhouse pushed, can't play sevens there really.

STAX

We might see the shortstack at 50% or more of the big stack, makes for very interesting final table.... means you can go from first to worst or worst to first in one hand

STAX

Easier fold if Newhouse pushed, can't play sevens there really.
    agreed, Newhouse isnt putting in half his stack and then folding I dont think, although maybe this was his plan, knowing everyone would think he is committed... he did only have A9o, and he may fold to a jam behind, but no way anyone else could know that, and no way anyone could jam behind without JJ+/AK. kinda makes you question why he called in the first place and didnt just muck. Was Newhouse in the SB?

Cuse0323

Everyone in safe mode, no one wants to take over.

A lot of checking down after the flop, if they even see a flop.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Well the reason it sucks is the pay jumps are huge on the final table making one and not getting at least 4th is going to hurt because. Your stack is worth millions but then u only cash for 750k

STAX

OK, yeah Newhouse called a button shove from the SB... Bruno should have jammed that imo with the 77, no question about it now I read the HH fully. I think that was a mistake. Bruno still has 10 MIL if he loses to Newhouse. Newhouse wouldda folded too. If newhouse shoves the A9o I wouldda folded the 77

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

The Brazilian guy here is getting big crowd support that may be underrated.

Cuse0323

OK, yeah Newhouse called a button shove from the SB... Bruno should have jammed that imo with the 77, no question about it now I read the HH fully. I think that was a mistake. Bruno still has 10 MIL if he loses to Newhouse. Newhouse wouldda folded too. If newhouse shoves the A9o I wouldda folded the 77
    Tough to do when you 77 there though, easier when you can see the hand now. Newhouse just calls, you think you're in a race at best against him if you shove...which it was.

First 123456 Last