SBR Forum
    SBR Forum's Avatar Administrator
    Betpoints: 993413

World Poker Cup Interrupted Tournaments note

Hi guys,

There were two interrupted poker tournaments Thursday night for the World Poker Cup for the 9PM and 11PM games. A total of seven users still registered in the software have had the poker winnings removed from the invalid games, and do not receive credit toward World Poker Cup for this play.

9PM game (future standings deductions as follows)
    GaryDN: 1 cash and 600 points
    dngf: 1 cash and 400 points
    zacharyj53: 1 cash and 300 points
    roymunson: 1 cash and 250 points

11PM game: (future standings deductions as follows)
    Empiremaker : 1 cash and 600 points
    ronpaul2008: 1 cash and 400 points
    thechaoz: 1 cash and 300 points

We will run an extra 9PM and 11PM tournament Saturday night in light of user demand. We will be unable to filter out participants from Thursday so please do not ask, but this is the best we can do and hopefully a fair resolution. We are unable to run these makeups during the week of scheduled play due to software limitations.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: bobbywaves, and shari91

sinmiedo
    sinmiedo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 369

Thanks SBR and I ll ask to all that participated in early tournament on Thursday to leave the group that usually play those hours to keep the field level.
    SBR again came up on top.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: SBR Forum, Triple_D_Bet, and mikejamm

bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

Fair resolution, as the 7pm was indeed a legit tourney. Thanks.

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

Perfect. Good job SBR.

playersonly69
    playersonly69's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 142

I will go ahead and make a guess that bobbywaves will OF COURSE play Saturday night even though he has already supposedly "won" in a tournament where 75% of the field was booted from the tourney

Triple_D_Bet
    Triple_D_Bet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 219

Well that will teach me to post without refreshing the forum first

Community should be able to police the people who played Thursday and call out anyone trying to take advantage of the technical limitations. Well done SBR!

Quote Originally Posted by playersonly69 View Post
    I will go ahead and make a guess that bobbywaves will OF COURSE play Saturday night even though he has already supposedly "won" in a tournament where 75% of the field was booted from the tourney
    I don't trust bobbo's judgement, but shogun's a legit source...do you have any particular reason not to believe him?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: EmpireMaker

bobbywaves

Quote Originally Posted by sinmiedo View Post
    and I ll ask to all that participated in early tournament on Thursday to leave the group that usually play those hours to keep the field level.
    I assume these 2 added tourney's Sat night will count towards annual leaderboard & World Cup, so most won't heed your request unfortunately. However I have no problem staying away if Tripe does, as you probably know we're involved in an annual challenge worth 29k. Tripe, please state your intentions Sat night for the record. Thanks.

bobbywaves

There you go, coming off ignorant again. Can't help yourself, can you? I'll just prove you wrong as always. I have no problems staying away, as long as Tripe agrees as well. After all, it's the right thing to do. With that said, the 2 tourneys will most likely be maxed out at 40, regardless of Tripe & I staying away. As I assume there will be many others with less couth, like yourself.

As far as your 75% booted claim, please post your proof of this. We would all love to see it. Surely if SBR agreed with your false assessment the 7pm tourney wouldn't have counted, now would it?

Keep sticking your foot in big mouth PO, it's entertaining burying you.

Triple_D_Bet

Quote Originally Posted by bobbywaves View Post
    I assume these 2 added tourney's Sat night will count towards annual leaderboard & World Cup, so most won't heed your request unfortunately. However I have no problem staying away if Tripe does, as you probably know we're involved in an annual challenge worth 29k. Tripe, please state your intentions Sat night for the record. Thanks.
    Damn...goign out of your way to show us that not only re you unable to read people in poker, you can't read the post directly above you? Very telling that you'll only agree to do the right thing if someone else does. News flash bobbo: you do the right thing because it's the right thing, regardless of what someone else does. Amusing you'd be so willing to compromise for pennies worth of points

bobbywaves

With Tripe failing to state his simple intentions as I've done, one can only assume he plans jumping in the 11pm last second in a futile attempt to cut into his 2k+ deficit in our annual challenge. This behavior wouldn't be the least bit surprising.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Very nice, SBR.

Hope everyone that should stay away from the Saturday tournaments, do.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Quote Originally Posted by sinmiedo View Post
    Thanks SBR and I ll ask to all that participated in early tournament on Thursday to leave the group that usually play those hours to keep the field level.
    SBR again came up on top.
    Right on. I didn't see this before my post.

Well said, Sin.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Hate to be devils advocate but if I'm on the bubble of qualifying and around Saturday, I'm playing. If you think those who played Thursday will sit this out, you are being naive.

Triple_D_Bet

Quote Originally Posted by bobbywaves View Post
    With Tripe failing to state his simple intentions as I've done, one can only assume he plans jumping in the 11pm last second in a futile attempt to cut into his 2k+ deficit in our annual challenge. This behavior wouldn't be the least bit surprising.
    What a maroon

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Hate to be devils advocate but if I'm on the bubble of qualifying and around Saturday, I'm playing. If you think those who played Thursday will sit this out, you are being naive.
    No doubt some people will dane, but it will be pretty easily spotted...even if SBR can't do something about it, at the very least the person doing it will catch grief for a long time.

bobbywaves

You're exactly right. I'll be shocked if these tourney's aren't maxed out at 40, no matter who agrees to sit out. I have the luxury of sitting out. But no telling what Tripe may do, since he doesn't want to publicly state his intentions as I've done. My guess is he'll play, since he'll be lucky to hang on for a Confederates spot.

If Tripe plays it will have no bearing on our annul challenge, as I'll simply deduct any pts derived from it. But in the grand scheme of things who am I kidding about deducting pts, when he has a 1.4% chance of cashing in a 40 man tourney.

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1321

I can't believe sbr can't make this shit right and remove points from anybody who plays on Saturday that also already participated in the earlier Thursday tourneys. I'll call out anyone as a big fuk'in cheating pussy if you've played already. How is fair to others who compete regularly at that time, if you're gonna let people who played in the earlier 3 Thursday tourneys, the chance to cash again?

Once again this shows a profound fuk'ed up credibility issue in how long term competitive tournaments are run here. Any upgrades to the system could have easily been make after the last tourney of the evening. Now we have this bullshit. Better poker software and the ability to review past tourneys saved even for one week back would alleviate shit like this. If you can review hand histories, why are you not able to go back to those early Thursday tourneys and simply remind those players they're not eligible to play? And if they do, they'll be disqualified.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Carseller4

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

Sounds like good NSA fun.

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9978

How much cash on line for this thing? I'm not in World Cup, not home enough at night with time to play, but all I see is 5k points to winner. No way in hell there is this much bitching over 5k bet points so are there some nice side bets or cash money prizes I am not seeing. Please tell me this isn't all about 5k bet points?? People asking others to "publicly state intent". Are you penetrating kidding me. There has to be $10k min on line for this much crying right??

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

Quote Originally Posted by newguy View Post
    How much cash on line for this thing? I'm not in World Cup, not home enough at night with time to play, but all I see is 5k points to winner. No way in hell there is this much bitching over 5k bet points so are there some nice side bets or cash money prizes I am not seeing. Please tell me this isn't all about 5k bet points?? People asking others to "publicly state intent". Are you penetrating kidding me. There has to be $10k min on line for this much crying right??
    The World Poker Tour only wishes it had the intensity of SBR poker.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

When the servers were down or the tournaments crashed for the triathlon, there were no points or make ups. Just a sorry about your luck and go fly a kite. Points in that structure were worth more than they are in this World Cup. I would have zero reservations playing tonight if I had played Thursday. There's like 4 years of qualifying tournaments anyways and no difference between 2nd and 12th so an extra tournament isn't likely to matter in this structure all that much.

bobbywaves

Quote Originally Posted by newguy View Post
    I have a 29k challenge with TripeD, hope this clears up your confusion.

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 451

I was there and won the 600, that was taken away and my 10 points weren't refunded, it won't help my World Cup standings and now people (like Daneblazer) competing for spots are going to be taking double dips (Thursday and Saturday) against me. I know it isn't the end of the world, but I am feeling like it is somewhat unfair against me. Also, the next time SBR does a software update 8:30 at night might not be the most convenient time for posters.
    Points Awarded:

sinmiedo gave EmpireMaker 10 Betpoint(s) for this post.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Quote Originally Posted by EmpireMaker View Post
    I was there and won the 600, that was taken away and my 10 points weren't refunded, it won't help my World Cup standings and now people (like Daneblazer) competing for spots are going to be taking double dips (Thursday and Saturday) against me. I know it isn't the end of the world, but I am feeling like it is somewhat unfair against me. Also, the next time SBR does a software update 8:30 at night might not be the most convenient time for posters.
    I literally have 0 points for the world cup. I'm not playing. Just saying what I would do if I were on the bubble

bobbywaves

Quote Originally Posted by EmpireMaker View Post
    Pretty sure Dane was just using himself as an example. don't see him playing much nor any recent poker badges. Players on the WC bubble will probably double dip unfortunately, mainly because they're allowed to.

Hear what you're saying, but I'm pretty sure your WC spot is safe anyway.

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 451

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    I literally have 0 points for the world cup. I'm not playing. Just saying what I would do if I were on the bubble
    I was going by what you said as I was unaware of your status in the World Cup competition. I am sure you wouldn't be the only one.

Carseller4
    Carseller4's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4973

Who is going to call out the scammers?

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Post up the names of those who played on Thursday and play tonight. I will make sure everyone knows who the scumbags are.

bobbywaves

Too much time involved for anyone to go badge hunting. Even if you found all of Thursday's badges that would only give you half, or less than half of all entries. Pretty sure No1here & Yisman played in my 7pm. An ethical issue perhaps...but SBR is allowing it, so there's no rule being broken. I suppose they want a better shot at a World Cup spot, although No1Here's WC spot is pretty much secure already.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

eh fak it...got a party tonight, gl guys

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1321

Yeah, if you have pretty comfortable lead in the standings, why even bother to play this evening. I know I wouldn't. It's the fuk'in ethical part of being able to play after you already played on Thursday. You wouldn't be allowed to do it in a WPT or WSOP event, and this is not the same by any comparison, but still, I'm calling bullshit, because of the amount of time put into playing this shit to try and earn a spot could be decided by 10 points or less. So some asshole who double played could get in on tonight's tourneys alone.

sinmiedo
    sinmiedo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 369

Quote Originally Posted by Carseller4 View Post
    Who is going to call out the scammers?
    my jpb will be eliminating them

BeerDog99
    BeerDog99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

While I understand that SBR might not be able to "filter" out the people who played, l imagine that SBR can at least report on who played in the 9 or 11pm tourney and we would know who the douchebags are that are double dipping.

bobbywaves

Apparently justice prevailed, as the double dip didn't help No1Here.

playersonly69
    playersonly69's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 142

Guys, you don't have to badge hunt, just look at the guys points history and see if they signed up for a tournament on Thursday

bobbywaves

Guys, you don't have to badge hunt, just look at the guys points history and see if they signed up for a tournament on Thursday
    Get to work, we know you have nothing bet to do......Apparently I was spot on with No1Here.

123 Last