plzkthx
    plzkthx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

It wasn't a freeroll it was a 180 man sng which she took first place without looking at her hand.

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

She must be super duper lucky to win without looking at her cards.

donjuan
    donjuan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7537

Lol at this thread. Why is anyone engaging the (pretend?) dribbler? He's either a troll or someone so stupid that it's not worth your time.

plzkthx

Quote Originally Posted by DrStale View Post
    She must be super duper lucky to win without looking at her cards.
    It's not about playing your cards. It's playing the players. See weak bets and making a raise on top. You can't always have the best hand.

Timmay
    Timmay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6751

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    Indecent
    I notice you mentioned sports betting in post #20
    Now this is the only form of gambling that can be labeled as professional because if you are knowledgeable enough about it you do not have to rely on luck what so ever period.
    GO TO MY LINK BELOW IF YOU ARE INTO SPORTS BETTING
    YOU MIGHT FIND THE INFO HELPFUL MANY MATURE SUCCESSFUL SPORTS BETTERS
    POSTED IN THIS THREAD IGNORE THE CHILDISH POST'S FROM THE MATH WIZARDS
    FROM THINK TANK
    PS*LINK DOES NOT WORK YOU WILL HAVE TO GO THERE MANUALLY*

*who has the best set of rules they follow for sports betting? POST AND VOTE NOW.+
    ( 1 2 3) PAULYPOKER
    Yesterday 02:52 PM
    by BigdaddyQH
    101 1,146 Players Talk <this link="" works
    </this>

Are you saying there's no skill in poker? So imagine if you knew what kind of cards someone was holding you still don't think you would be able to win? That's what pros do, they try to figure what your holding and the people that do it for a living have better reads. Yea there's luck involved, but in the long run everyone should have about the same luck, now with 39thousand player tourneys you can't really win a lot of those except if your extremely good and lucky If you think it's too much time then play in a tourney that has a bigger prize pool and less players. Hope that helps.
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 01-23-15 at 10:27 AM.

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by plzkthx View Post
    It's not about playing your cards. It's playing the players. See weak bets and making a raise on top. You can't always have the best hand.
    Did you see a single one of my posts in this thread? The last post was a touch sarcastic.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

I've won a 27 player s&g going all in every hand. Big deal.

This thread is full of dumb.

TheLock
    TheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7931

This thread makes me want to claw my eyes out

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5964

Shaundeeb, Apestyles, Rizen...countless other true pros. WTF thread imo.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

plzkthx your quote & my response to post #139

"first off I don't play poker full time or for a living. Plus I didn't start playing tournments till mid 2008, mostly cash games. Just keep watching my stats grow from skills"
    My reply:
    Your luck must be threw the ceiling because your confident level is unrealistic I seen your type many of times man you are so lucky at the moment that you believe it's you "JOHN WAYNE". Wow hate to see you when your luck takes a turn for the worst and trust me it will. You are my perfect case study thank you for lending yourself as the lab rat.
    MAY LUCK STAY WITH YOU
    PAULYPOKER

PAULYPOKER

donjuan
    Responding to post#144

YOU HAVE BEEN ENTANGLING YOUR WEB OF INSULTS ON ALL MY THREADS FOR A WHILE NOW UP TO THIS POINT I BEEN IGNORING YOU AND GUESS WHAT I'M GOING CONTINUE TO DO SO BECAUSE HONESTLY I DON'T BELIEVE YOU ARE OF LEGAL AGE

_SpYdEr_
    _SpYdEr_'s Avatar Become A Pro!

damn i wish i could be a better poker player... lol

PAULYPOKER

Timmay Responding to post#146

Honestly you are so I don't think you realize it

plzkthx

plzkthx your quote & my response to post #139

"first off I don't play poker full time or for a living. Plus I didn't start playing tournments till mid 2008, mostly cash games. Just keep watching my stats grow from skills"
    My reply:
    Your luck must be threw the ceiling because your confident level is unrealistic I seen your type many of times man you are so lucky at the moment that you believe it's you "JOHN WAYNE". Wow hate to see you when your luck takes a turn for the worst and trust me it will. You are my perfect case study thank you for lending yourself as the lab rat.
    MAY LUCK STAY WITH YOU
    PAULYPOKER
    Buddy buddy i'm never going to go broke...its called bank roll management. I stay within my bankroll and if it ever falls dramatically I take a step down or take a break.

When are you going to realize that you just suck at poker and you have to blame the lack luck because of it. You obviously don't have any patients which is a huge factor in becomming a successful poker player. Theres also figuring out odds...making reads whether the opponient is weak or strong...setting traps...making plays and much more. Well shoot...if poker is based on 80% luck...why are you even playing the game?? Just go play the lotto or a flip coin for money.

PAULYPOKER

We shall see in time i hope you are right and i am not being sarcastic i honestly wish you well

paulypoker

Mr. Peepers
    Mr. Peepers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

thread sucks

PAULYPOKER

lolbear
    lolbear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10321

annette is a monster

PAULYPOKER

WOW

_SpYdEr_
    _SpYdEr_'s Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by lolbear View Post
    annette is a monster
    ^^^ hell ya

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Will acknowledge this thread. I don't agree, tho.

I think the best players win over time. How do they distinguish themselves? Feel like the BEST study their game to n-th degree + make proper adjustments.

Lenny Zefflin
    Lenny Zefflin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1519

When you play a lot and play smart then the good luck and bad luck cancel each other out and you're left with skill determining how much money you make.
    Last edited by Lenny Zefflin; 06-17-18 at 12:11 AM. Reason: Typo

yahoonino
    yahoonino's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1461

Ask yourself. How can luck and professional be as one?
    Exactly they can't. But in poker you have to rely on luck to go along with great skills and I mean great. But one without the
    other and you will lose the majority of the time.
    So this makes professional poker a myth.
    I agree 100 percent,,,i got pocket aces I raise and some body reraise I go all in he call with pocket 10,,,flop a set of ten,, and crack my aces I bettere be lucky at poker that be skilled,,

yahoonino
    yahoonino's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1461

vyomguyI couldn't complete my previous post as I accidently pressed submit. I couldn't find the edit feature...so I am continuing it as an another post:-

On the other hand, can you rely on sports betting for consistently making money over long term...HELL YES. Very less amount of luck is involved here. I know you cant hit 90-100% of time while betting on sports...but if you are good, you can average around 65%-75%. You can hit that mark pretty consistently over long term.

Another thing in sports betting is the possibility of making large amounts of money with very small bets..i.e playing parlays. The odds range anywhere from 1:1 to 1:1500. I know its tough to hit those big parlays, but on any given weekend you can easily make 3-4 picks that you could parlay to 1:6 or 1:10 odds. Now. tell me how long will it take to multiply your investment 10 times in poker?....VERY LONG...you have to sit down in poker tables for days and maybe weeks to 10x your initial bankroll....and that too if you are on a good run.

I am not saying poker is not worth playing or that you should play sports betting all the time...that choice is YOURS. But understanding the pros and cons of each of them and understanding their ROI is very crucial if you want to make money over long time. Good Luck in whatever you decide to do.
    [/color]
    LOL....If you are hitting around 55%...you are pretty much breaking even or making profit of less than 5% on your bets. This is because of the 10% juice you pay for the bookie. If you are hitting at a rate of 55%, you SHOULD stop betting on sports, cause its just not worth the time and effort.

Having said that, it is POSSIBLE to hit around 60%-70% consistently if you are a good handicapper. I see many people hit around this range consistently over many seasons.

wal66
    Poker_Dummy, I think being unlucky is a larger factor than being lucky. I thought it was just me being nagative after a prolonged bad run so I actually started tracking it. I wen through a 6 month period prior to football season where I was no less than 55% in better than 85% of the hands I was involved in and won 8% of the time. I waited for my spots. I played my hands aggressively I gave every tell I could to let the other players know they were beat every step of the way but it didn't matter. I got drawn out on. It wasn't one player or one table or one day. The only constant involved was me. So in my world unlucky outweighs lucky all the time.
    ElCapitanIf what Pauly is saying is not true how come the final table at the WSOP is not populated every year by a majority of "professionals"? I mean if there were a couple of new guys "getting lucky" and making it there I could accept that poker was mostly skill. If that was the case, then the final table should constantly be playing Howard Lederer, Phil Ivey, Phil Hellmuth, etc, etc. etc. Maybe there should be two to four unknowns and the rest should be regular staple "professionals". But every year it's a bunch of no-name guys at their first final table.

I've always said the same thing in regards to poker: all the knowledge and skill in the world will not beat good cards. As long as a player knows that a full house beats a flush and so on, you can not overcome the fact you are dealt shitty hands. Yes, yes, you may be able to bluff your way out of several situations where you should have lost but eventually the cards you are dealt will dictate your fate.

I mean go to the WSOP web site. Look at the top money earners. I recognize one name in the top 10. Now before you start going on about how the real money is made in cash games and the list doesn't show that and all that crap, aren't these guys supposed to be "professionals"? Shouldn't they be winning a majority of the tournaments?

What it comes down to is this: poker is a card game. Cards are dealt in a random order. Even if you are so skilled that you can guess what I have in my hand versus what you have in your hand at a better clip than the average person, it doesn't change the fact that you are still guessing and it comes down to luck.

MY QUESTION WAS ANSWERED
    PAULYPOKER Thanks guys
    YES all the so call profescional poker players are all broke

ChuckyTheGoat

Pauly, there's some truth to what u say. But not a whole-truth. Best players get it in good...OR get their opponent to lay down better hand.

It's about getting the best weighted average output over time. Best players are good + handle the swings.

I think there are professional poker players. Two questions as to what constitutes a pro player:
    1) How LONG do u have to prove your skill?
    2) How MUCH $$ do u have to win to be considered a pro?

If players are trading dollars and eating the rake...I don't think that's being a pro. But I do think there are solid pros.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Dumb 10 years ago

still is

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Dumb 10 years ago

still is
    I think so, too. If u view poker under narrow micro-scope of one tournament or one session, anything (or almost anything) can happen.

Poker is in fact a skill game. Best players get the $$ over time. The trend I'm seeing is that poker is a young man's game.

Best players get it in good + get the $$.

First ... 2345