TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

I'm still trying to wrap my head around this ring game hand

I have played a lot of poker, but I don't think I have ever seen this

It has got me flustered more than a bad beat

***** Hand history (v1.2) ***** Hand ID 4268611 $1/$2 NL Texas Hold'em (No Limit) - 21:51:21 27/05/2014 ET Table 'Avenue X', 10 seats max, Real money Seat 6 is the button. Small Blind $1, Big Blind $2 Note: seat IDs range from 1 to 10 Seat 1 (playing) : milwaukee_mike, amount $262.35, amount bet $0, penalty (None) Seat 2 (playing) : bavaria9, amount $176.75, amount bet $0, penalty (None) Seat 4 (sitOut) : boscokid, amount $277.67, amount bet $0, penalty (None) Seat 5 (playing) : thecentaur, amount $37.40, amount bet $0, penalty (None) Seat 6 (playing) : aggieshawn, amount $177.05, amount bet $0, penalty (None) Seat 7 (playing) : drainageboy, amount $30, amount bet $0, penalty (None) Seat 8 (playing) : GaryDN, amount $99.25, amount bet $0, penalty (None) Seat 9 (playing) : empiremaker, amount $132.50, amount bet $0, penalty (None) Seat 10 (playing) : sportfan, amount $113.45, amount bet $0, penalty (None)

drainageboy: Small Blind ($1)
    GaryDN: Big Blind ($2)
    ** Dealing Down Cards **
    Dealt to thecentaur: [Kd, Qh]
    empiremaker: Fold
    sportfan: Fold
    milwaukee_mike: Call ($2)
    bavaria9: Call ($2)
    thecentaur: Call [btn] ($2)
    aggieshawn: Fold
    drainageboy: Call ($1)
    GaryDN: Check ($0)
    ** Dealing Flop **
    Community cards: [Qc, 7s, 6s]
    drainageboy: Check ($0)
    GaryDN: Check ($0)
    milwaukee_mike: Bet ($2)
    bavaria9: Fold
    thecentaur: Raise [btn] ($35.40)
    drainageboy: Call ($28)
    GaryDN: Fold
    milwaukee_mike: Fold
    thecentaur: Show Cards ($0)
    drainageboy: Show Cards ($0)
    ** Dealing Turn **
    Community cards: [2d]
    ** Dealing River **
    Community cards: [6d]
    ** End Round **
    ** Evaluate **
    drainageboy: Show Cards ($0) thecentaur: Show Cards ($0)
    ** Showdown **
    Main pot $65, Rake $3 Side pot #1 $7.40, Rake $0
    Summary
    thecentaur: bet $37.40, won $7.40, net $-30, HoleCards [Kd, Qh], HiHand [two pairs, queens and sixes] [Qh, Qc, 6s, 6d, Kd], won $7.40 from side pot #1
    Summary
    drainageboy: bet $30, won $65, net $35, HoleCards [Ad, As], HiHand [two pairs, aces and sixes] [As, Ad, 6s, 6d, Qc], won $65 from main pot

What is the reasoning for limping with AA in the sb with 4 other players in? I'm beginning to think crazy, illogical play is the best way to play SBR poker.

I've been seeing some really strange play by unfamiliar players here recently...
    Last edited by TheCentaur; 05-27-14 at 09:15 PM.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Gotta set the trap. Well, give him this...you certainly weren't expecting to be looking at aces there.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

I'm just shocked that out of the infinite amount of player id's available, "Drainage Boy" is the moniker he chose! that shit is hilarious! As for the hand, I just knew this was the classic "how the penetrate does he call for his entire stack with K6" thread..... as for what he did, he was shortstacked and wanting to get paid, obviously knowing he was committed to getting it all in whenever -- whether it would be calling a prelop raise, any flop action, turn, river, whatever. It looks like he was content slo-playing em and hoping they held up against however many hands were in the pot..... probably scared that if he raised them preflop, he might not get the action he wanted.....
    Last edited by Auto Donk; 05-28-14 at 10:28 AM. Reason: Drainage Boy to the rescue!!!!

Triple_D_Bet
    Triple_D_Bet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 219

Explanation could be simpler...I've ended up limping aces preflop while multi-tasking and only getting back to the table in time to lunge for the call button

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

i have to pee, brb

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

haha, LSRJ/Triple-D.....

I might buy this response, but I know it is impossible, as you only make it back in time to see 29 offsuit or j4, when it's AA, you NEVER get there in time, and it folds right as you hit the motherfckin' call key!!!!! I've had that happen at least 20-30 times in the 7-8 yrs i've played online poker, and never once got the bet in! I did once with KK, tho!

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Quote Originally Posted by Triple_D_Bet View Post
    Explanation could be simpler...I've ended up limping aces preflop while multi-tasking and only getting back to the table in time to lunge for the call button
    I've got to think this is what happened

The explanation of not having a big stack and choosing to go up against 4 other hands instead of raising or pushing all in to isolate an underpair is extremely illogical. If that was his strategy it's a very very bad one even though he got my whole short stack