5k?

That's insane

should be 2500

do the right thing here

SBR Forum
    SBR Forum's Avatar Administrator
    Betpoints: 993419

Quote Originally Posted by BeerDog99 View Post
    Is the auto-kick "feature" turned off for this tourney? I will likely be late and changing locations during this tourney and I might need to sit out for some times.
    Yes it is.

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali
    Wulfman14's Avatar Become A Pro!

Meh first time I missed a big poker tourney like this one in awhile. Had a wedding to attend

good luck to all in this one.

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Good luck to all my pals on this list. Hope the rest of you get 1 outed on the river.
    Points Awarded:

Wulfman14 gave tatddy 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

sinmiedo gave tatddy 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

LOL.....Gl fellas...if Me tat and wulf are not in the tournament do you really feel like #1 winning it LOL....top 3 tournament or NOT!!@!!
    Quote Originally Posted by tatddy View Post
    Good luck to all my pals on this list. Hope the rest of you get 1 outed on the river.
    Points Awarded:

Wulfman14 gave PaperTrail07 7 Betpoint(s) for this post.

sinmiedo gave PaperTrail07 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

yisman gave PaperTrail07 2400 Betpoint(s) for this post.

sinmiedo
    sinmiedo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 369

Thank you guys. It is going to be a fun one i . I hope to make the top 20 . by doing so I will be happy.

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1321

No the right fuk'in thing to do, would have been to let the next highest 25 point players after 75 qualify for 10 spots through satellites! We all played this fuk'in shit for three god damn months, only to get bubbled out because this fuk'in site couldn't put up the results week to week! Total fuk'in joke ass stupid shit, like I said, run like a bunch of idiot fuk'in amateurs. Any real legitimate site would have posted the updates and kept us aware of who was in top 100.

Plus, you had a whole extra fuk'in week of play! You're telling us you couldn't have extended the qualifying 1 extra week after all that bullshit that happened in September and early October. Fuk, some of us couldn't even play because of the fuk'ed up software!
    Last edited by mikejamm; 01-06-14 at 06:59 PM.

bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaul2008 View Post
    Whew!
    You can thank Shevabets for getting in. Apparently he qualified 30ish, but was taken off list due to his non pro status. Either too broke or too ignorant apparently, to go pro by deadline.

sinmiedo
    sinmiedo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 369

Quote Originally Posted by mikejamm View Post
    No the right fuk'in thing to do, would have been to let the next highest 25 point players after 75 qualify for 10 spots through satellites! We all played this fuk'in shit for three god damn months, only to get bubbled out because this fuk'in site couldn't put up the results week to week! Total fuk'in joke ass stupid shit, like I said, run like a bunch of idiot fuk'in amateurs. Any real legitimate site would have posted the updates and kept us aware of who was in top 100.

Plus, you had a whole extra fuk'in week of play! You're telling us you couldn't have extended the qualifying 1 extra week after all that bullshit that happened in September and early October. Fuk, some of us couldn't even play because of the fuk'ed up software!
    Hey Mike. The rules were clear from the begining . the guys could not make it need to improve dedecating more time to game
    I know I do. In the other hand there are guys like wulf tat and note great player that the y could not find the time due. To a busy life
    That suckd too and of unfortunate . but the truth is that SBR does a great job putting all this show for free.

Good luck next time
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 4 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: mpaschal34, BeerDog99, eberetta1, and horja1

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1321

Quote Originally Posted by sinmiedo View Post
    Hey Mike. The rules were clear from the begining . the guys could not make it need to improve dedecating more time to game
    I know I do. In the other hand there are guys like wulf tat and note great player that the y could not find the time due. To a busy life
    That suckd too and of unfortunate . but the truth is that SBR does a great job putting all this show for free.

Good luck next time
    No offense Sin and glad you at least got good cards and got in. But its same fuk'in bullshit all the time. Seems like the same group of people always get the good cards or some fuk'in newbies get just too fuk'in what I would call more than lucky! Doesn't matter what style of play you use here, it's always the same outcome for certain people.

Plus the fact they ran this qualifying and updates so shitty a fuk'in two year could have done better. And then try to justify that by changing 5000 pts to get in a tourney with bullshit fuk'in payouts not even comparable to what their bullshit entry fee is! They can go fuk'in themselves and shove their same old tired fuk'in rigged software straight up their fuk'in ass! I'm through play'in poker at this fuk'in dump.
    Last edited by mikejamm; 01-07-14 at 12:12 AM.

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

What a shocker another mikejizz meltdown

did sbr return those 30 points loser
    Points Awarded:

boeing power gave Vegas39 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: boeing power, and Russian Rocket

Robber
    Robber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 92737

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfman14 View Post
    Meh first time I missed a big poker tourney like this one in awhile. Had a wedding to attend

good luck to all in this one.
    But it's on Saturday

horja1
    Grrrrrr
    horja1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by bobbywaves View Post
    You can thank Shevabets for getting in. Apparently he qualified 30ish, but was taken off list due to his non pro status. Either too broke or too ignorant apparently, to go pro by deadline.
    what was/is the deadline?

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

Mikejamm,

You played everyday and couldn't break 4700 PTs.. That's on you not the software. Probably 98% of top 75 played in just about every tournament, hence them making it.

I know a lot of guys around the bubble who played in 60-75% of them.

It really isn't too much skill to get in if you have the time, well at least not in your case because you obviously suck.

shevabets
    GEROSKIPOU B'TCH
    shevabets's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by horja1 View Post
    what was/is the deadline?
    They could have done a better job of stipulating some of the rules, for sure.

But I've gotta say... with all the other things SBR staff need to take care of, I don't blame them for not writing up a set of rules covering every possible scenario (like a non-pro placing in the top 75 and only applying after the starters 'have been set'). They could have, but I could have given them a PM a week ago explaining the situation. They didn't and I didn't. Noone is wrong.

I just hope it's not too late and they can still add me to the list.

Application submitted 10 hours ago.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

No offense Sin and glad you at least got good cards and got in. But its same fuk'in bullshit all the time. Seems like the same group of people always get the good cards or some fuk'in newbies get just too fuk'in what I would call more than lucky! Doesn't matter what style of play you use here, it's always the same outcome for certain people.

Plus the fact they ran this qualifying and updates so shitty a fuk'in two year could have done better. And then try to justify that by changing 5000 pts to get in a tourney with bullshit fuk'in payouts not even comparable to what their bullshit entry fee is! They can go fuk'in themselves and shove their same old tired fuk'in rigged software straight up their fuk'in ass! I'm through play'in poker at this fuk'in dump.
    This jizz bag is still moaning about bad beats and missed opportunity to qualify???? ohh shit....

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

I'm through play'in poker at this fuk'in dump.
    Good idea, Mike. Clearly the poker isn't good for your health.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

Quote Originally Posted by shevabets View Post

But I've gotta say... with all the other things SBR staff need to take care of, I don't blame them for not writing up a set of rules covering every possible scenario (like a non-pro placing in the top 75 and only applying after the starters 'have been set'). They could have, but I could have given them a PM a week ago explaining the situation. They didn't and I didn't. Noone is wrong.

Application submitted 10 hours ago.
    so who will get in shevabets or ronpaul

SBR Forum
    SBR Forum's Avatar Administrator
    Betpoints: 993419

It was stated as a requirement that you must be SBR Pro to qualify - can't get much clearer than that. The qualification period is over, you were not SBR Pro, so you were removed from the list. Or did you expect that you'd be allowed to go Pro after knowing you definitely qualified?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Auto Donk

RudyRuetigger

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Forum View Post
    It was stated as a requirement that you must be SBR Pro to qualify - can't get much clearer than that. The qualification period is over, you were not SBR Pro, so you were removed from the list. Or did you expect that you'd be allowed to go Pro after knowing you definitely qualified?

well, good point

also good for not changing the entry fee. the expected is around 3,333 points. Those that worked 3 months to qualify should pay less than those that did not, so 3500-4000 entry fee seems fair in the future.

shevabets
    GEROSKIPOU B'TCH

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Forum View Post
    I knew I definitely qualified two weeks ago. I didn't have the money to deposit.

RudyRuetigger

well there was no specific date like there usually is

we already know how i feel about 2 brothers playing in the same tournament so my opinion is biased

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

I knew I definitely qualified two weeks ago. I didn't have the money to deposit.
    It's like the elections. Even though the election is held on November 8th that doesn't mean you can vote on November 8th if you have not registered to vote by the deadline.

Just become Pro now and you can play in future tournaments you qualify.

If you became Pro 3 months ago when the qualification started the extra points earned daily would have paid off your initial investment.

I usually side with the poster but you really gave SBR no other choice by submitting your application several days after the qualification process ended and the contestants were announced.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

So is it gonna stay at 5k to enter?

RudyRuetigger

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    ofcourse it is.

right now each buyin is worth 3,333 points + time spent qualifying. why would they let people who dont qualify enter for less than the value of those that qualified?

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

I'm playing either way

just asking

canr play 5 days a week

have to drink heavy and run my business
    Points Awarded:

Auto Donk gave Louisvillekid1 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    To get your initial investment back you have to make final table and finish at least 8th.

I know you are a good player but the odds of making Top 8 with slower blinds and $5,000 chips are not in your favor.

It is my understanding that it is very -EV to risk 5,000 points (worth $240 in pizza cards) for a 10% chance placing in Top 8. And the 10% chance is only calculated for 75 entries. The more 5,000 points entrees are in the contest the less chance to place Top 8.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

That's valid

just feel like I should be in this

You do make me second guess

RudyRuetigger

i miscalculated my original thing. i dont know why, i was thinking entry was worth over 20k points. I think I misplaced a 0, but Im not sure what where why or how.

entry right now is worth 3,333 points as a rough estimate

why should the 76th entry be worth 2500? it shouldnt

why should the 100th entry equal 5000 points? it shouldnt

this is unlike any big qualifier though in that it happens day in and out over 3 months. there has to be something said for time spent playing.

im more in favor of 5k than 2500 when given the time spent.

i think 3500 is fair

but make no mistake, i am not as dumb as no1here when he says itll favor everyone if more people gain entry. how fukkin dumb can you be pal? you think you have a better chance 1 in 100 than 1 in 75?

PaperTrail07

Well Said....we all had plenty of time to qualify....I missed a number of Fridays and didn't play well.....I don't deserve to be in the top 75 b/c I didn't earn it....Rules were clear...GL to those with a chance!@
    Quote Originally Posted by sinmiedo View Post

Good luck next time

PaperTrail07

2 brothers and the guy is upset LOL....have you seen rounders? Id rather play a few brothers online than a card room with a buncha regulars LOL..no collusion worse than that...
    Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    well there was no specific date like there usually is

we already know how i feel about 2 brothers playing in the same tournament so my opinion is biased

RudyRuetigger

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    2 brothers and the guy is upset LOL....have you seen rounders? Id rather play a few brothers online than a card room with a buncha regulars LOL..no collusion worse than that...
    im clearly missing your point

are you saying since you saw rounders, you know it is easier to cheat on a live table than online?

if so, yes i 100% disagree

bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

Would be shocked if this happened, as field is set for 75 not 76. RonPaul is already registered, don't anticipate SBR kicking him out & letting you in.

It's unfortunate, as you put in the time & qualified ahead of RP. But you could have been more pro active getting your pro status by the January 3rd qualifying deadline.

shevabets
    GEROSKIPOU B'TCH

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    It's like the elections. Even though the election is held on November 8th that doesn't mean you can vote on November 8th if you have not registered to vote by the deadline.

Just become Pro now and you can play in future tournaments you qualify.

If you became Pro 3 months ago when the qualification started the extra points earned daily would have paid off your initial investment.

I usually side with the poster but you really gave SBR no other choice by submitting your application several days after the qualification process ended and the contestants were announced.
    Not to say I did the right thing waiting until the last possible moment, but SBR could be more transparent with the rules (read post #83) or more flexible with the contestant list.

Untied
    Untied's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Quote Originally Posted by bobbywaves View Post
    Would be shocked if this happened, as field is set for 75 not 76. RonPaul is already registered, don't anticipate SBR kicking him out & letting you in.

It's unfortunate, as you put in the time & qualified ahead of RP. But you could have been more pro active getting your pro status by the January 3rd qualifying deadline.
    Shevabets should get some kind of consolation prize.
    Perhaps a Sacko Bowl Badge?
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 01-23-15 at 10:35 AM.

First 123456 Last