BrentCrude
    BrentCrude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Phil Ivey will be the next pathetically bankrupt ** Hammer.Dumb ass!

Anyone watch the ESPN editors choice show or whatever it's called last night with a segment about Phil Ivey?Good show by the way.It showed Ivey playing the life of a living large high roller.You have to give the guy credit for becomming what he did coming from a humble background.He can hold his head up high that he truly is a self made person and that's rare these days.The problem is that it's going to his head where he is taking too many risks.You only recklessly gamble when you have little money and need to make more.You don't gamble like Ivey when you already have alot of money where you are set for 10 lifetimes.It's like he's up by 7 with the ball at his own 20 yard line with a full set of downs with the other team having no time outs with 40 seconds left to go in the super bowl and he's throwing 10 yard passes right down the middle of the field.Phil might act cool and thinks he's brilliant but he has no conception of the risk and reward factor.Somebody better talk some sense to him.

The final death blow downward spiral will be when he starts investing in some Obama-Magic Johnson inner city development movie theatre chain or something to that affect.

He has a friends list with people like Tiger Woods on it.In a few years Woods will probably give him a million bucks when Ivey is dead broke and tell him that he can live a good humble life on that one mill.Ivey will blow the wad in one night
    Last edited by BrentCrude; 11-04-09 at 07:15 AM.

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status
    MonkeyF0cker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1127

I've seen him playing craps at the Bellagio with about $1 mil on the table. No lie. About 20 pink $25k chips. He's crazy.

soli
    soli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22124

This is Gambling we are talking about right? This is what made him the man he is right? Endorsements, Appearance fees checks, Popularity and Banging a few hot chicks is pretty much all Pro Poker has to offer other than to Gamble. So what is the problem?

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2476

Quote Originally Posted by BrentCrude View Post
    Anyone watch the ESPN editors choice show or whatever it's called last night with a segment about Phil Ivey?Good show by the way.It showed Ivey playing the life of a living large high roller.You have to give the guy credit for becomming what he did coming from a humble background.He can hold his head up high that he truly is a self made person and that's rare these days.The problem is that it's going to his head where he is taking too many risks.You only recklessly gamble when you have little money and need to make more.You don't gamble like Ivey when you already have alot of money where you are set for 10 lifetimes.It's like he's up by 7 with the ball at his own 20 yard line with a full set of downs with the other team having no time outs with 40 seconds left to go in the super bowl and he's throwing 10 yard passes right down the middle of the field.Phil might act cool and thinks he's brilliant but he has no conception of the risk and reward factor.Somebody better talk some sense to him.

The final death blow downward spiral will be when he starts investing in some Obama-Magic Johnson inner city development movie theatre chain or something to that affect.

He has a friends list with people like Tiger Woods on it.In a few years Woods will probably give him a million bucks when Ivey is dead broke and tell him that he can live a good humble life on that one mill.Ivey will blow the wad in one night
    well i think he can do whatever he wants and whwtever happens will be on him.but he seems pretty knowledgable

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

IVEY will NEVER be broke again.................

He has 2 million in a trust.

Skidcom
    Skidcom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19727

It seems contradictory for such a disciplined poker player to be so wild with other gambling. Honestly though, who wouldn't live the Entourage lifestyle if they could?

Fishhead

Quote Originally Posted by Skidcom View Post
    It seems contradictory for such a disciplined poker player to be so wild with other gambling. Honestly though, who wouldn't live the Entourage lifestyle if they could?

His estimated net worth is said to be over 30 million........but who's counting.

He is perhaps the greatest gambler of our generation(although he plays way to many non-beatable games) with the likes of Randy McKay, Stanford Wong, Frank Betti, and a few select others close behind, including myself.

Fishhead

Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post

Bad taste

themajormt
    Yanks!!
    themajormt's Avatar Become A Pro!

I actually respect Ivey even more because he is a true gambler. He doesnt act like someone he isnt or forgets about the true person he is. He moved to Vegas to become a full time gambler and he has done very very well at it. Fishy, I have seen estimates double of yours... I have a friend who plays relatively small stakes 100/200 game and has gotten somewhat into the inner circle in Vegas and he said he would bet his roll Ivey has a net worth at least $60 million and he has some money set aside in like blind trusts or whatever they are called that he cannot touch unless certain clauses are hit... Like going broke...

He has done it the right way and has one of the cleanest reputations... I dont see one single thing to hate him for honestly...

FishFace5
    FishFace5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 815

He'll never go broke. Never ever. Dude is a mogul. You know how many people would be in line to back him in a number of different games, if he ever got in the 1st sign of financial trouble. A net worth of 30 mill also sounds really low to me. He might have a 30 mill gambling roll nevermind net worth. I've heard sick stories bout this guy. He takes million dollar side bets. You cant do that if you only got 30 million combined between everything. Think about how much he could win just from the final table this year (side bets and endorsements included). Dude has hundreds of millions easy. No doubt bout it

Fishhead

Quote Originally Posted by FishFace5 View Post
    He'll never go broke. Never ever. Dude is a mogul. You know how many people would be in line to back him in a number of different games, if he ever got in the 1st sign of financial trouble. A net worth of 30 mill also sounds really low to me. He might have a 30 mill gambling roll nevermind net worth. I've heard sick stories bout this guy. He takes million dollar side bets. You cant do that if you only got 30 million combined between everything. Think about how much he could win just from the final table this year (side bets and endorsements included). Dude has hundreds of millions easy. No doubt bout it

Excellent points.........30 MILLION MINUMUM.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

He is very lucky , the tide will turn one day and then we will see what he is made of

FishFace5

Odom i thought I just read a good post by u bout rookies only playin between 10pm-4am. Then I read this 1.

MilfDriller
    MilfDriller's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

He has the face of a child molestor. After working with many criminals you can spot people instantly.

Applewhite is another athlete. Was that his name?

Michael Jackson is another sicko.... for all you people who are still dancing to his music and mourning his death.

btw, did you see Coach Thompson of G'Town celebrating Jackson's life at the beginning of their season? Does the guy not know that Jackson played beat it with little kids and was a smooth criminal?

BrentCrude
    BrentCrude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I saw a chink in Ivey's personality,demeanor and mindset in that interview where he was serious when he blamed the reporter for being a jinx-whammy on him shooting high stakes craps where he went cold when the guy arrived.He actually was ticked off at the guy.It reminded me exactly of what ** Hammer and his home boys did at the Kentucky Derby about 20 years ago when they said racism was behind his horse drawing a bad starting position in the race.Yup,the pill bottle knew what horse Hammer had and the man ''establishment'' rigged it.I'm telling you,I see the same traits in Ivey as I did for ** Hammer where you become a frustrated jerk when you start having a few bad days on your way to ruination.

Phil we be making commercial ads on tv for rent to own stores that run their ads on Jerry Springer and the Maury Povich show like Magic Johnson does.
    Last edited by BrentCrude; 11-04-09 at 08:51 AM.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by FishFace5 View Post
    Then I read this 1.
    Ivey is young , still a kid, he will hit that really bad run one day , COUNT ON IT! I dont mean a bad month or year but a bad multi-year run. Everything will go bad; cards , dice & sports.

Sforz
    SBR CHAT KING!
    Sforz's Avatar Become A Pro!

here the E:60 show link:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4620789
    Points Awarded:

shady610 gave Sforz 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

3PtShooter
    3PtShooter's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16117

he was in amsterdam isnt it known for drugs and sex

FishFace5

Are you guys serious?????? Do you know what full tilt is worth???????? M.C. Hammer???? B.C. your a retard for that 1. And he's not an asshole. Quick story. WSOP 2009, Main Event Day 1. They want to make Ivey's day 1 table the feature table. Everyone at the table is pumped (endorsement $, gonna be on tv, ect). Ivey finds out, goes to Tourney administrators and says he doesn't want to be on feature table day 1. (too slow) They grant his wish (of course) and the rest of the table is disappointed (obviously). He realizes how they missed out and gives everyone at the table 5k just cause. I have like 3 more stories like this if you guys are interested.
    Points Awarded:

kmarinouofm gave FishFace5 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Rollins08
    Rollins08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

The obvious difference between ivey and the rest of us is thy he has a skill. He's not just flipping a coin. Being able to read people is something a lot of people think thru can do, but very very few really can.

WileOut
    WileOut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

I think everyone who knew how to play poker and moved to Vegas in that time period became rich and famous. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to be a great poker player. Now there are literally millions of poker players online that are just as good as Ivey. They will never make any money though because they are in it with others just as good as they are.

The key to Ivey's riches like I said was timing. He did it right when the poker boom hit. He got lucky.

Rollins08 I disagree. Millions of people have read all the poker books and played hundreds of thousands of poker hands. Poker is not a game that has elite players like golf or basketball. It use to be until everyone learned to play the easy game that is poker.

TheAccountant
    TheAccountant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

I vote he blows it eventually..

dimon
    dimon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

It will be VERY VERY hard for him to win the final table...with all due respect he is one of the low stacks and will be forced to go all in sooner or later....knowing Phill it will be rather sooner than later...he needs to double up twice and needs a lot of luck...and if the luck continues for the lumber dude will be hard to win anything...but you are right guys...I saw this guys blow one mill in craps few months ago in Tunica, Miss...the whole place was buzzing

WileOut

The downside to this is that he will die from heart failure at age 45. But it will be fun until then.

FishFace5

Quote Originally Posted by WileOut View Post
    I think everyone who knew how to play poker and moved to Vegas in that time period became rich and famous. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to be a great poker player. Now there are literally millions of poker players online that are just as good as Ivey. They will never make any money though because they are in it with others just as good as they are.

The key to Ivey's riches like I said was timing. He did it right when the poker boom hit. He got lucky.

Rollins08 I disagree. Millions of people have read all the poker books and played hundreds of thousands of poker hands. Poker is not a game that has elite players like golf or basketball. It use to be until everyone learned to play the easy game that is poker.
    . You sir are a retard. You made B.C.'s comments seem very well thought out. I can't even begin to explain everything wrong with your post. I've never seen such HATERS.

TGoat
    TGoat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Phil Ivey makes almost 2 million a month from Full Tilt. Phil Ivey is not a professional poker player, but he probably makes a few bucks on the side playing poker tournaments, side games and prop bets. He's a business man who got in on the ground floor. That's where his money comes from.

He's also a degenerate gambler, who needs and craves faster action. But with such a large and seemingly unending income it doesn't matter. It's just play money to him.

Win some lose some, he's set for life.

WileOut

Its true man. There are millions of great poker players around the world now. They have all been playing daily for 4 years, read all the books, and the good ones are all very smart. Thats all it takes to be great online. The problem is that they are all playing each other now, whereas when Ivey started he was playing against less talented poker players.

As far as live games go, there is the added dimension of reading players and putting on a poker face so others cant read you. This is also something that is done well by many people.

FishFace5

Quote Originally Posted by WileOut View Post
    Its true man. There are millions of great poker players around the world now. They have all been playing daily for 4 years, read all the books, and the good ones are all very smart. Thats all it takes to be great online. The problem is that they are all playing each other now, whereas when Ivey started he was playing against less talented poker players.

As far as live games go, there is the added dimension of reading players and putting on a poker face so others cant read you. This is also something that is done well by many people.
    OMG SHUTUP. I'm cringing for you. These posts are hard to read. So what is your point exactly?? That he's only good because he started when nobody knew how to play????

JGILL50
    hates the PATS
    JGILL50's Avatar Become A Pro!

I will be honest gambling will get most people. Phil on the other hand i think wont be had. The guy has a personal atm any time he wants it. Sits at a high stakes game in Vegas and has wealthy tourist dump him chips just to have a good story to tell.

mmike032
    mmike032's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8274

at least he's enjoying his life.
    he can live it how he wants, makes no difference to me.
    I dont know his up bringing but from his demeanor it seems like he's got some commen sense.
    he doesnt portray a hood rat that's gonna buy all his homie's 200K cars and million $ houses

Matt Rain
    Matt Rain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 659

Quote Originally Posted by mmike032 View Post
    he doesnt portray a hood rat that's gonna buy all his homie's 200K cars and million $ houses
    Playing craps with 25k chips is several notches higher on the dumb scale.

I don't know anything about Ivey, but I assume that many of these self-made poker millionaires think nothing of risking 1/30th of their net worth on a silly side bet.

FishFace5

Hey Matt Rain. You should have stopped at I don't know anything about Ivey. His net worth is in the hundreds of millions of dollars. And nobody who would risk 30% of there net worth on a single wager is capable of earning a million dollars gambling, that goes for anybody.

Matt Rain
    Matt Rain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 659

1/30 = 3.33%

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He will go broke because he is a compulsive gambler , guys that had 200 million lost it all and he will too. He bets big so his net worth is not as much as you think. We will read the Phil Ivey story one day and it will end up sad. WileOut is correct that there are tons and tons of pro poker players and in reality no such think as being a professional poker player. It does not exist anymore.

1234 ... Last