0 0%
  • Fold

5 100.00%
    daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Hand of the day 08/12

Playing in a $50 + 5 satellite where the last 8 players in the tournament receive an entry to a $330 buy in tournament. 9th gets a small prize of about $100.

Down to 11 players and there are two large stacks on the other table with 3x the amount of chips as anyone else. All of the other players have 5000 to 7500 chips with the exception of one player who has around 3,500

Antes 50
    Blinds 200/400

6 players on your table

UTG (3500) folds
    UTG +1 (6000) calls
    CO folds
    Button (7000) shoves
    SB (7500) folds
    You (5000) are in the big blind with AsKd

UTG +1 has been a little fishy playing several hands. SB has been fit or fold, You've been playing tight aggressive. Button has tight aggressive tendencies, he's a good player.

Call or fold

BeerDog99
    BeerDog99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

I think you have to fold because it is the satellite. given the styles you note, if you dont want to flip against potentially 2 players, pick a another spot where you are opening the action.

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

really easy fold imo

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25123

Would need more info to make a definitive statement

Lot of options that have you flipping with the button. Basically have to disregard UTG+1 as his range is wide and you said he has been playing a lot of hands. Also gotta be a few hands he pushes there that you have dominated. Especially if he is a good player and therefore will be able to pick up that UTG+1 early limp doesn't mean a whole lot.

For me it comes down to how tight the overall table is playing. If the other 10 guys minus UTG +1 have gone under a log and shifted to shove/fold mode then I would consider calling. Basically you've got 12 blinds left and at 11 handed your either playing 5 or 6 at table so they will be moving pretty quickly. You win a double up and you should have a spot locked up. Fold and you very well could end up pushing to steal for th enext 30 minutes hoping not to get called.

Id say there are scenarios for each but unless I know button very well I may have to gamble.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

This hand actually happened to me and I folded. I ended up making the top 8...after folding for an orbit I jammed AQs from the cut off and got called by AJ and TT... AQ luckily won.

Most on the table were playing tight...nobody was really calling with anything but a strong hand (the AJ caller was short) ...but there were steal attempts going around.

I'll have about 4400 chips after the blinds pass so I'll really only have about 2 more orbits or so before I'm forced to make a move. I think in this structure, jamming with a marginal hand trying to pick up the blinds and hoping for a fold is better than calling in a situation where you're either slightly behind or way ahead. I don't play many tournaments like this though. There's also the possibility of picking up a monster. The 3500 stack is dwindling so he's about to have to make a move too and when his stacks gets too low your fold equity diminishes as his calling range widens.
    Points Awarded:

BeerDog99 gave daneblazer 77 SBR Point(s) for this post.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

pretty tough spot actually, it would really be dependent on what i thought of the other players.

if they were "fishy" overall i think fold is the best play in this satellite you will prob be able to find risk free or low risk spots, even tho you could have him dominated here, could be a flip as well.

theballsflop
    Fish
    theballsflop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Definite fold. In these spots u wanna be the jammer so u have fold equity, not the one who calls a jam for your tournament life.