0 0%
  • raise

13 92.86%
    daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Hand of the Day 08/07

Will try this hand of the day again...we'll see how long it lasts.

May be a two part hand here.

100NL (.50/1.00)
    P2 has been very lag and has taken it on the chin in big pots twice before nearly doubling up after hitting a draw in another big pot. P5 is a huge fish. You have a TAG image. Whats your play preflop?

Call, fold, raise

P1(CO) $72.55
    P2(BTN) $194.80
    P3(SB) $96.30
    Me(BB) $104.10
    P5(UTG) $53.55
    P6(MP) $117.05

Pre Flop: Me(BB) with [Kd,Ks]
    P5(UTG) calls 1,
    P6(MP) folds,
    P1(CO) folds,
    P2(BTN) raises 3,
    P3(SB) folds,
    Me(BB) raises to 10,
    P5(UTG) folds,
    P2(BTN) raises to 25,
    Me(BB) ????

You've 3bet raised to $10 and he's 4bet you to $25. $15 to call.
    Last edited by daneblazer; 08-07-13 at 07:06 PM. Reason: difficult to read

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

Raise for sure. You have him crushed. Most likely AK or AQ but could have 99 1010 JJ. He's not folding so I wouldn't recommend a call here although you could. Would need more info before I could consider how much to raise. You said he was taking it on the chin a couple times. If this means he would possibly call a shove I'd shove

4uk4life
    4uk4life's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1820

I was all in before I even opened this thread.....I picked raise

JayLA
    On to the next one...
    JayLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

He's not folding, so a shove would be the best option. We know you have the second best hand preflop, only AA should call. He doesn't know that. So "perfect poker" says to force him to make a mistake. Unless he has AA, which is just a disaster. Either way, a raise is optimal. Unless you want to get cute and call him, but then all sorts of trouble could happen. Sets, flush draws, he makes his Ace. You're also out of position, making a call a really bad move.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Quote Originally Posted by JayLA View Post
    Unless you want to get cute and call him, but then all sorts of trouble could happen. Sets, flush draws, he makes his Ace. You're also out of position, making a call a really bad move.
    I figured most would say raise, and there's nothing wrong with that, but I like a call there too. You're looking at with too much loss aversion. KK still crushes his range and holds up well even out of position. Calling also keeps his air and weaker hands in while shoving likely folds them out. Calling does come with some risk, but also has a large payoff by getting value out of hands a shove wouldn't. Just a different way to look at playing it. Only way I'm folding is if the power goes out.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

With his chip stack, I'm shoving. He's stuck in the hand. With a bigger stack -- both him and me -- I would call to trap with either a check raise, or I might even call the flop in order to string him along.

BeerDog99
    BeerDog99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

I think the only move with the stacks is a push as you only have ~75$ left in ~54$ pot.

If he has AA and all blanks flop, you are still likely losing your stack as you cannot fold to his LAG continuation bet.

I say try and win the pot right there or make him pay to draw out.

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25123

With both of your stack sizes being relatively small I guess your almost guaranteed a call if you shove pre.

If stacks were larger/bigger game I can see a call, check/raise after flop.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

It's 100nl not 1/2...p2 has nearly 200bb and "I" have 104. Neither are short stacked

JayLA
    On to the next one...
    JayLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

Quote Originally Posted by BeerDog99 View Post
    I think the only move with the stacks is a push as you only have ~75$ left in ~54$ pot.

If he has AA and all blanks flop, you are still likely losing your stack as you cannot fold to his LAG continuation bet.

I say try and win the pot right there or make him pay to draw out.
    This, exactly. Good point!

If you both had a deeper stack behind with these raises, sure a call and post flop play would be fine.

$104 in a .50/1.00 game isn't short stacked but calling a $25 raise changes the dynamics of the hand completely.

This is an interesting aspect of poker. Judging moves by either big blinds, which I completely understand preflop, or by pot odds which I think is best to consider post flop.
    Last edited by JayLA; 08-07-13 at 10:41 PM.

Triple_D_Bet
    Triple_D_Bet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 219

What's your HUD say about his 4 bet percentage? :P

And I like a call here as well, A high flop sucks but good chance you'll catch a cbet with something that would fold to a shove.

And of course if it's rigged SBR poker, correct play is to pull power cord on computer and let it ride for 10 so the suckout doesn't hurt as bad!

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25123

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    It's 100nl not 1/2...p2 has nearly 200bb and "I" have 104. Neither are short stacked
    Sorry, cant read. Assumed it was 1/2 game.

You can get creative and call but if guy is that lag and has rode the roller coaster you indicated I'd have to assume that all the money goes in preflop.

GaryDN
    GaryDN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20008

shove