ballahollic2
    Update your status
    ballahollic2's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10716

Is Sbr serious?

Can someone please explain to me why I'd get booted from the tournament when I paid my entry fee and showed up 15 minutes late. What a joke...

ballahollic2
    Update your status

Not to mention SBR auto rebought me in the rebuy yesterday when I had to leave.

Mitchell88
    Mitchell88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

they are falling off. site will be gone within a year or so. they will do whatever it takes, sponsors fuking people they have to cover. its ugly

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

don't be late.

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25117

I agree the policy of booting people who are late is stupid. A vocal minority voiced a complaint back in the day and it has been that way ever since.

playersonly69
    playersonly69's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 142

I CERTAINLY wasnt in the minority! I have complained about it probably 20 times over hte past year. But Lou likes to keep it in place.

I have been booted from probably 50 tournaments over the past 2 years for arriving late

Gruntworker
    Gruntworker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3899

Not sure why we boot no shows to be honest. Isn't that just part of online tournament poker? The game definitely changes when there are no shows and people start stealing more. I don't see how it hurts anyone to just let the people join later if at all. I just don't remember what happened early on with SBR poker, but I'm guessing it must have been no entry fee so people getting on tables with almost all no shows had a huge advantage maybe.

I forget about tournaments I reg for myself, more because I have the cpu muted and don't hear any beeping and since the table doesn't auto show on top of my other windows.... I usually don't realize until it's too late.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: eberetta1

ballahollic2
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntworker View Post
    I forget about tournaments I reg for myself, more because I have the cpu muted and don't hear any beeping and since the table doesn't auto show on top of my other windows.... I usually don't realize until it's too late.

Exactly what I usually do. I have it muted and forget about it and don't hear it. I could semi understand why it would be done if it was a freeroll but there is no reason to boot someone when there is a buy in. Grunt is 100% right, it is completely part of a tournament and its dynamics. I could care less about the 10 points they take but it just sucks that your day of tournaments is officially done with that.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Last edited by daneblazer; 04-22-13 at 10:39 PM.