Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15313

What you think of my play with bottom set?

Built up a nice little stack of around 650

Several callers in front and I got pocket 66 on button and don't feel like jacking it to 15+ just to get rid of a few guys so I just and limp in one of those typical 6-7 player limp fests hands.

Flop comes 679 with two spades. A guy with about 500 leads out and bets 16 and this loose bad player with about 225 calls and I call everyone else folds. I don't think any raise will get the bad player to lay down a draw. I don't think he has a made hand because he has been blasting the pot when he thinks he has the best hand.

The turn was 4 non spade

The the guy with the 500 stack bets 21 and the bad player raises to 61.

I just don't know where I'm at. I think I might have bad player beat because I seen these guys way over value two pair hands a ton in these situations. I don't want to put my stack at risk when action is not closed so I just fold. The original bettor folds as well. The 58 and 8T make straights but hard for me to think the bad player that raised to 61 on turn would have just flat called flop with flopped str8 and almost everybody in pot and two spades on board.

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 51461

I think not raising the flop is a really poor play - when there are flush and straight draws, why would you want to let someone draw cheaply? If either draw completes on the turn you'll be placed in a very tough spot then, having no idea where you are - I'd raise to around 60-70 probably on the flop. And if "no raise will get the bad player to lay down a draw", you might as well move allin lol - you certainly want him to call with just a draw when you're probably going to be about 4:1 to win the hand given all your full house redraws. Not that moving allin is the correct play, but to suggest that you shouldn't raise because bad player won't lay down a draw no matter what seems like flawed reasoning to me - even if he won't lay it down, why not make him pay for it?

As for the turn, I don't see how you can do anything but go over the top, the bad player isn't nearly deep enough that you can ever fold to him, and if he has you beat, well you still probably have full house outs - basically you got coolered. But I don't see how you can ever do anything but stick your stack in on this board even against the deep player. Again, if someone flopped a higher set, well gotta chalk it up to a cooler.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

definitely have to raise the flop.

now come over the top, having a hard time putting him on a hand here though, id say its doubtful that he has u beaten here at any rate and hes probably willing to play for stacks unless he has air or a weak pair he turned into a bluff.