Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15313

Guy called me a shit player last night

1/2 NL

BB has 1300
    I have 250

A tight guy raises to 14 mid position and I have KQ off suit on the button. The guy who said I was a shit player called from the BB.

Flop KT3 rainbow

BB checks, MP bets 18, I call, BB check raises to 36, MP folds, I call

Turn is a 9 (board all different suits)

BB leads out and bets 75

I just thought the guy was full of shit. He was a very active player and would always three bet with pocket pairs 8 and up, AQ, AK etc. from any position. He don't have KK, TT or AK. Only big hands he could have would be KT and bottom set. Not many draws out there and most players at this level just check call with them anyways. Most of the time people that slow play sets wait until turn to check raise. I was kind of concerned with KT I really thought that was only hand he could have that I was behind. I call.

River is a J and board reads KT39J

BB moves all in

I think about it for long time I just don't see how the turn could help that much. There are no hands with a K in them that the turn added a draw too. I suppose he could have KJ but why check raise with such a weak hand on the flop? If he does have a real hand should he not be concerned that I have QJ and make a smaller bet and if I come in over the top than fold? I donno???? Yes from the line he took I should be beat but something told me he was weak. So I go with my read and call. He says he just has a king and I flip over KQ and he throws his hand in muck and insults me.

The guy had K6. What a dumb hand to spazz out with.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

You had a straight. Not a tough river call. He was probably pissed for slow rolling him

Emily_Haines

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    You had a straight. Not a tough river call. He was probably pissed for slow rolling him
    lol, didn't realize that

guess i deserved it then

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    He was probably pissed for slow rolling him

infamousbacardi
    Alone In a Room
    infamousbacardi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

Quote Originally Posted by Emily_Haines View Post
    lol, didn't realize that

guess i deserved it then
    So he was spot on.

Emily_Haines

Quote Originally Posted by infamousbacardi View Post
    So he was spot on.

Nah, I'm sure I didn't have a str8. I know for sure the flop was KT3 and that there was a jack in there some where. People were saying nice call on the river so the turn nine must have been an 8 or 7 instead.

infamousbacardi
    Alone In a Room
    infamousbacardi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

Quote Originally Posted by Emily_Haines View Post
    Nah, I'm sure I didn't have a str8. I know for sure the flop was KT3 and that there was a jack in there some where. People were saying nice call on the river so the turn nine must have been an 8 or 7 instead.
    Lol. Fair enough EH, but he was still probably right regardless of this hand.