daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Hand of the Day 4/11

Same tournament as yesterday. Day 1b of the Epic Poker Leagues Pro-Am winding down and there are 11 players left. The final 9 receive a 20k buy in to the final event along with 12 others. Hero is in the BB and a very good pro with a huge stack, Greg Mueller, raises 2,500 from the button on this 6 player table. SB folds what is Hero's move?

Blinds 600/1200 ante 200
    Hero Stack - 14,400
    Villain stack - 136,000
    Pot size - 5,500

**Other player's stack sizes were left out, which is important, but I assume there are 2-3 players that have similar stack sizes

1. Push
    2. Fold
    3. Call

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

What is Hero's hand?

zwoeins
    zwoeins's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7599

hm - mayby spades
    9 an J?

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Quote Originally Posted by GUMMO77 View Post
    What is Hero's hand?
    Lol...guess that'd be important huh, Prob post a poll from now if I do any more

Ah Th

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Lol...guess that'd be important huh, Prob post a poll from now if I do any more

Ah Th
    Instant fold for me.

In a regular tournament where the pay scale moves up based on what your place, I would shove in this spot. But because this is a satellite, and because someone like Mueller is going to call you 100% of the time, I believe you have to fold here. Places 1-9 pay the same, so having a smaller stack at this point, considering you just posted BB, isn't so bad; no reason to put your tournament on the line, yet.

BeerDog99
    BeerDog99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

Everything Gummo said! x2

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

The voting reset since its a new day and it went on to a new hand... but it was split between shove and fold with a few fish saying call... but the "answer" advocated a shove. You don't have a big enough chip stack to simply fold to the money, and while you may get called the button is raising with a huge range there and the pot is big especially in relation to your chip stack. I think knowing the stacks of the other players is vital...but that info wasn't included.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    The voting reset since its a new day and it went on to a new hand... but it was split between shove and fold with a few fish saying call... but the "answer" advocated a shove. You don't have a big enough chip stack to simply fold to the money, and while you may get called the button is raising with a huge range there and the pot is big especially in relation to your chip stack. I think knowing the stacks of the other players is vital...but that info wasn't included.
    actually i think you cant answer this without knowing the other stacks if hes in last place/next to last place this is an auto shove