The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Sickening...

I was playing some 2/4 on Bookmaker earlier.

Bought in for $400, and had my stack up to about $500.

I'm in the small blind with jacks, and there is a raise in front of me. I reraise and make it $40 to go. The big blind comes over the top of me and makes it $84. The initial raiser folds, and after some deliberation (I think you can make an argument for re-raising, calling, or folding) I decide to make the call.

On a sidenote, this is a player I know nothing about.

Anyway, the flop comes 10-6-5. Rainbow board.

I checked it to him and he bet $75. I'm in a pretty tough spot here, but decide to go for it. I re-raised him to $300, leaving only about $100 behind. Clearly I'm committed.

He moves all in. I call.

He flips over A4 suited.

He got runner runner and made a flush and beat me.

How does this happen? What is he doing? I just sat there dumbfounded.

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

At least it was cash and not betpoints. Easy to reload.

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by tatddy View Post
    At least it was cash and not betpoints. Easy to reload.
    Reported.

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

This is why nobody should play poker. Even when you play it right, you lose. It is a game that will kill you in the long run. Stay away and stick to sports. Stupid people usually lose in sports.

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Seaweed View Post
    This is why nobody should play poker. Even when you play it right, you lose. It is a game that will kill you in the long run. Stay away and stick to sports. Stupid people usually lose in sports.
    Sage advice from one of the world's greatest sports handicappers.

Thank you, Seaweed. I knew you would put me on the right path.

tatddy

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Reported.
    How can an Sbr bot report an honest small timer?

Had a dream. Blind vs blind. I picked up KQ in small blind. Was folded to me. I limped. Bully in big blind raised 4X bb. I called. Flop was KK9. And I was drawing dead to 4 outs.

Scary.

The Giant

How can an Sbr bot report an honest small timer?

Had a dream. Blind vs blind. I picked up KQ in small blind. Was folded to me. I limped. Bully in big blind raised 4X bb. I called. Flop was KK9. And I was drawing dead to 4 outs.

Scary.
    Our hand was a cooler. Not at one point was I ever behind.

The carnage that was levied upon me today was one of the most insane poker decisions in the history of the green glorious felt.

A little compassion would be nice.

tatddy

Sorry pal. Wanna make out?

ballahollic2
    Update your status
    ballahollic2's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10716

I know this isn't a poker discussion thread but I personally like raising or folding more there pre. Don't love the flop play either, but somehow the way u played it got all the money in which it wouldn't have with other routes so I guess thats all u can ask for.

The Giant

Sorry pal. Wanna make out?
    I'm clearly one of the most masculine men here, and thus will decline the make out session. A little hand action would be nice though.

Quote Originally Posted by ballahollic2 View Post
    I know this isn't a poker discussion thread but I personally like raising or folding more there pre. Don't love the flop play either, but somehow the way u played it got all the money in which it wouldn't have with other routes so I guess thats all u can ask for.
    It was meant to be a discussion thread until tatddy decided to derail it with his bemoaning over losing points.

Anyway, I probably did play it poorly from the start.....but like you said, it turned out as I would have wanted, just got horrible results.

yahoonino
    yahoonino's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1449

Quote Originally Posted by Seaweed View Post
    that true,,,if you not lucky ,, you can trow your skill out the window,,

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1321

Rigggggged!!!!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Triple_D_Bet

4uk4life
    4uk4life's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1820

Sounds like an SBR player

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Quote Originally Posted by ballahollic2 View Post
    Yeah the 4bet was awful and the 5 bet wouldn't be much better. That's the kind of stuff you do with a few thousands of hands of history not against an unknown with just a few. You're basically going to be folding out everything you can possibly beat then play for stacks.
    ...but yeah...A4...wow

tatddy

Real question is why didn't you reload and felt this clown?

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

I don't play cash games online anymore because of this type of stuff. I don't understand the people who are criticizing your play here, you had way the best of it with your money in and another head scratching play by some player gets rewarded. No sane person does that with A4 and no one that stupid has 400 to play with in a cash game, it doesn't add up, so I would just avoid the online cash games

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15111

Because he wouldda been tapped in a half an hour?

The Giant

I did reload, but he didn't stick around long.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCentaur View Post
    I don't play cash games online anymore because of this type of stuff. I don't understand the people who are criticizing your play here, you had way the best of it with your money in and another head scratching play by some player gets rewarded. No sane person does that with A4 and no one that stupid has 400 to play with in a cash game, it doesn't add up, so I would just avoid the online cash games
    I actually like playing on their site. I've played on plenty, Full Tilt, Poker Stars, Merge network, and the games on Bookmaker and all their adjoining skins are pretty soft in comparison. The problem is they just don't get much traffic.

imadegen
    imadegen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9093

5 bet shove pre.

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Giant goes out with JJ

Giant maybe just fold it for awhile

OMGRandyJackson
    OMGRandyJackson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4054

What did you think he had pre flop? With JJ there I think your only real options are shove or fold with your chip stack. JJ is too weak to just call a 2nd re-raise. I also think (especially since you no nothing of this player), that you should have made a move on the flop, instead of checking.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Shoving there is terrible. This hand is an outlier example so you can't look at it, see he has A4, and be results oriented and think its the norm. Versus an unknown about 75-80% of the time you're looking at QQ-AA there, 15-20% of the time you're looking at AK AQ JJ TT, and 5% you're against some other hand. A shove usually scares nearly everything away that you beat. You get some hand history against the guy and then you can justify shoving. Right now Fold > everything else.

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by TheCentaur View Post
    Giant goes out with JJ

Giant maybe just fold it for awhile
    All I do is get it in good, Centaur. You know this.

Quote Originally Posted by OMGRandyJackson View Post
    What did you think he had pre flop? With JJ there I think your only real options are shove or fold with your chip stack. JJ is too weak to just call a 2nd re-raise. I also think (especially since you no nothing of this player), that you should have made a move on the flop, instead of checking.
    We both had over 125 big blinds, I didn't want to shove it pre-flop. In hindsight, I wish I would have.

Post-flop it wouldn't have mattered, he wasn't folding.

BeerDog99
    BeerDog99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

If the guy called the re-raise on the flop there, I would hazard a guess he would have called a shove pre-flop and definitely would have called on the turn also. IMHO, he saw an Ace and thought he was golden any way you look at it.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Tough beat, but most of the time you're opponent is going to so who 10/10, qq, kk, or aa in that situation especially after calling you're raise o the flop.

BOL going forward...