sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

Online Poker Tells

What are some you look for and how do you exploit them individually?

One I always watch for ( and Im sure most do as well) is the auto check button. More often then not its a sign of weakness and the player(s) just wanna get on to the next hand. I'll usually always pop a bet out regardless of what Im holding when I see the auto check option being used. Especially heads up or 3 handed.

On a side note I like to use the auto check button in reverse, if you will, when holding a monster that I want to slow play....I will check the auto check button hopeing my opponent(s) think im weak and can usually pick up a couple extra bets as a result (god willing no suck out).

Anyone got any they would like to share?

Sacrelicious
    Sacrelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

If you are in a tournament and someone tells you he needs to take a dump, he will probably start going "all in" with more hands then he should, because he is trying to end the thing early so he can relieve himself.

You can take advantage of this by tightening up your play and re raising/calling him with premium hands.

Sacrelicious

Though, it can be a bluff.

For example, lets say I have AA, I might say "i need to take a dump" and then go all in, attempting to trick my opponent.

Some clairvoyance helps in determine whether or not your opponent is bluffing.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

sweep do not give these fukks any hints

they will rob your fukkin grandma for a $10 freeplay

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

Sweeper, look at bet amounts.... Big indication

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

coughing

runner5k
    runner5k's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5589

If you can take notes on peoples bets/position/etc during hands then later on when they play a hand a certain way its pretty obvious what they have.

4uk4life
    4uk4life's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1820

Doesn't matter on here, they're gonna hit runner runner anyway right?
    Points Awarded:

BeerDog99 gave 4uk4life 200 SBR Point(s) for this post.

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!

Quote Originally Posted by 4uk4life View Post
    Doesn't matter on here, they're gonna hit runner runner anyway right?

Conan
    Conan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 818

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    sweep do not give these fukks any hints

they will rob your fukkin grandma for a $10 freeplay
    I would does she have one?
    Points Awarded:

downsouth gave Conan 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!

Quote Originally Posted by BigDeem5 View Post
    Sweeper, look at bet amounts.... Big indication
    Deemer Im talking "online" poker tells that do not apply to live games, watching bet amounts would apply to both live and online....I know you dont know anything about live games, you've never stepped foot in a real Poker room.

Sacrelicious

Sweep you use HEM or PT? I perfer PT myself.

I've had a hard time finding any of these so called "poker tells" that result from timing it takes to click bet, using automatic buttons, etc. I think its a bit overblown really

PT is your best bet, I take notes on people, and PT itself will do it and save it from game to game. I use a color coding system for labeling players as well, looking at the frequency of betting out of postion, calling with air, bluffing, bet sizing, etc. It seems to be the best way to go.

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrelicious View Post
    Sweep you use HEM or PT? I perfer PT myself.

I've had a hard time finding any of these so called "poker tells" that result from timing it takes to click bet, using automatic buttons, etc. I think its a bit overblown really

PT is your best bet, I take notes on people, and PT itself will do it and save it from game to game. I use a color coding system for labeling players as well, looking at the frequency of betting out of postion, calling with air, bluffing, bet sizing, etc. It seems to be the best way to go.
    I dont use either right now but Ive heard PT supports more Poker rooms....Id like to hear more if you get a chance. Seems like its a pain in the ass following hand histories and all that. What has your experience been using and studying these tracking softwares?

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Well Deemer is right for the most part. It's online so most of your "tells" are going to be of the bet sizing variety. You can put a little weight in the auto-check button esp from the BB, but some people just like to play fast. There's some old 2+2 theorems like the Baluga Theorem that you can kinda use as a "tell" I guess. Players who auto-post the blinds in EP could be fishy and not know what they're doing or they could just be not paying attention and getting their set-up in place. You can type into chat something like "I sure see a lot of flops like that here" or "You guys think this site is rigged" and see who gets fired up about that. That usually turns the fish face up. Other than that there isn't much because tells are usually physical or verbal. Though if the bottom fell out and I had to take a deuce bad enough I'd widen my shove range too.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5536

a big one for me is when the guy instant checks heads up after calling a raise. a pause doesnt necessarily mean a hand but an instant check means a bet wins.

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Well Deemer is right for the most part. It's online so most of your "tells" are going to be of the bet sizing variety. You can put a little weight in the auto-check button esp from the BB, but some people just like to play fast. There's some old 2+2 theorems like the Baluga Theorem that you can kinda use as a "tell" I guess. Players who auto-post the blinds in EP could be fishy and not know what they're doing or they could just be not paying attention and getting their set-up in place. You can type into chat something like "I sure see a lot of flops like that here" or "You guys think this site is rigged" and see who gets fired up about that. That usually turns the fish face up. Other than that there isn't much because tells are usually physical or verbal. Though if the bottom fell out and I had to take a deuce bad enough I'd widen my shove range too.
    I understand that but im talking strickly online tells

Sacrelicious

Quote Originally Posted by sweep View Post
    I dont use either right now but Ive heard PT supports more Poker rooms....Id like to hear more if you get a chance. Seems like its a pain in the ass following hand histories and all that. What has your experience been using and studying these tracking softwares?
    Download the PT one month trial and try it. Its worth it just for the HUD alone. Configuration takes no time at all, just install it and instruct your poker client to start saving hand histories. Its not a pain in the ass at all, everything is done for you.

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrelicious View Post
    Download the PT one month trial and try it. Its worth it just for the HUD alone. Configuration takes no time at all, just install it and instruct your poker client to start saving hand histories. Its not a pain in the ass at all, everything is done for you.
    Thank you, will give it a shot

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1710

Bet sizing.

Thus any poker software that has "pot bet" and so on is horrible for the long term. Makes fish play better without knowing it.

Poker Stars never has that.