wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

how do you play this

So playing in a live tournement so real odds not sbr odds and sitting in small blind. 23 people left out of around 120. They pay out top 20 so almost there. . I am second in chips in the tourney and the person with the most is directly to my left and the big blind. He is been playing extremely tight and we have been talking for a while and he is talking about needing to make the money and waiting to make moves until after the 20 are set. It was a reentry 60 dollar tournment, so prize pool was decent. I get pocket kings. Everyone folds to me. What would you of done here.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9201

3x or 4x for me.

wtt0315

I should of..
    I pushed all in to steal his blind. He called with pocket aces and i was out 23.. 4 and half hours of playing for nothing
    Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    3x or 4x for me.

Optional

Ouch.

Almost said I'd be ready to ditch those boys if he came back at me in that spot.

Did he think about the call? Even with bullets in that spot he sounds like he might have considered folding.

wtt0315

Yeah he thought about it for a while. He said I know what you have. I really don't want to call but I think I have too

Optional

If it was SBR you would have flopped quads on him

zwoeins
    zwoeins's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7599

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

your play was not horrible....he calls just the same with QQ or JJ i bet....still you coulda just doubled it acting small and seen how he reacted....easier said looking back....thats simply unlucky

PaperTrail07

hand probably woulda got it all in reguardless...sometimes...both people are scared to bet the other guy out and it gets to the riv and stays small but not often....gotta really know someone for that to happen or have huge huge hands

PaperTrail07

painful tho.....try going out 5th in a tourney of 2500 after playing 10+ hours and getting nothing.....3K to top 4

PaperTrail07

and losing like this.......check check small, big......3-4-5.rainbow...i have 6-7...i go all in....other big stack calls.assumed he had straight or trips shows....5-8......lays 6turn-7riv....to make my hand useless and him taking it with a straight to the 8....imagine that shit...

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Don't shove. This guy is openly telling you how loss averse he is. If he's that tight and needs to make the money chances are he's ONLY going to be calling a shove with AA and nothing else. A shove is folding out any lesser hands that would give you action so you're killing the value of Kings. Raise about 3x-4x the BB. This scenario is tough, but at least you'd have a chance to get away from the hand if he plays back at you.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BiTeMe UsAdOj

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Paralysis by analysis. Not much you're going to do to get away in that spot unless an A flops regardless of what you do preflop. Just unlucky, sprint over to the cash tables.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Um how many chips do we have what r the blinds.

Ive seen 60 dollar events where there is only one play here. If you have 10 big blinds different story then if you have 50.

Guy needs to find a new hobby if he really is that broke.

wtt0315

I had 20 big blinds left I think. Bad thing was 2-3 people has less then 4 big blinds. The flop cam 2 6 10. So I think we might f both went in any but this was also the type of guy that probably would of checked it down with me because we had been talking and friendly to each other all night. He needed up winning but they chopped last 4 spots. I actually went to play cash games while the tournament was going on and he actually sent over a sandwich and a drink for me that he paid for which was a nice gesture

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity
    BiTeMe UsAdOj's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Don't shove. This guy is openly telling you how loss averse he is. If he's that tight and needs to make the money chances are he's ONLY going to be calling a shove with AA and nothing else. A shove is folding out any lesser hands that would give you action so you're killing the value of Kings. Raise about 3x-4x the BB. This scenario is tough, but at least you'd have a chance to get away from the hand if he plays back at you.
    This analysis by dane is dead solid perfect.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by wtt0315 View Post
    I had 20 big blinds left I think. Bad thing was 2-3 people has less then 4 big blinds. The flop cam 2 6 10. So I think we might f both went in any but this was also the type of guy that probably would of checked it down with me because we had been talking and friendly to each other all night. He needed up winning but they chopped last 4 spots. I actually went to play cash games while the tournament was going on and he actually sent over a sandwich and a drink for me that he paid for which was a nice gesture
    i dont see getting away from it with only 20 big blinds, even with how bad he supposedly needed the money. i dont really believe everything i hear from other players anyways as you shouldnt. you are too deep to just shove IMO, but i still think this one would play out the same anyways. id prefer to just make a 3x raise or maybe a little less and try and get him sucked it, but i dont think u can fold when he comes over the top.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Nothing you can do here, buddy. No matter how you play it, you're going broke. Just a brutal cooler.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

im glad wtt posted this hand but i think it would work better if he hadnt said that the opponent had aces in the first thread.

thats how they do it on 2+2, posting the results early will influence the responses.

EDIT: actually he didnt post it in the first thread, but he got one response and then posted it right after, let these things breathe a day or 2.