Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

The Giant, Please Check In...

MY Poker Satellite tournament begins this Wednesday. I'm very nervous but very excited. Since it's well known that you're the best poker player at SBR, what strategies and tips for preparation would you give me to succeed?

Thanks.
    Points Awarded:

Louisvillekid1 gave Seaweed 10 SBR Point(s) for this post.

daneblazer gave Seaweed 80 SBR Point(s) for this post.

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

Seaweed, I'm in Wednesday with you. Lets team up!

Seaweed
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by BigDeem5 View Post
    Seaweed, I'm in Wednesday with you. Lets team up!

Mods, teaming up is illegal. Ban Deemer from the tournament. That will move me one step closer to moving on.

There are no friends on the green felt.

therocket
    you cant teach passion
    therocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Is seaweed and the giant one in the same?

Seaweed
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by therocket View Post
    Is seaweed and the giant one in the same?

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

fading this play.

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

Giant is the most overrated poker player of all time!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Emily_Haines

Seaweed
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by daimoshokage View Post
    Giant is the most overrated poker player of all time!

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by Seaweed View Post
    MY Poker Satellite tournament begins this Wednesday. I'm very nervous but very excited. Since it's well known that you're the best poker player at SBR, what strategies and tips for preparation would you give me to succeed?

Thanks.
    I'm glad you asked, Seaweed, I'm always willing to help my fellow man.

The first thing you need to do in preparing for this mega-event is to get your rest. It's important that you enter this tournament with a sharp mind, as you're going to be going up against some of the greatest poker minds in the world. Be sure to have a trusting alarm clock by your side, as you don't want to fall victim to oversleeping much like the Trinidad marathon runner Jean-Paul did on Seinfeld.

Secondly, you need to make mental notes on each of your opponents. There are going to be 50 of you vying for 5 critical positions in the tournament. I would suggest taking the time to dig deep into the mindset of these individuals. Find out who they are, and if they can be trusted. Keep your eye on these people, and notice if they tell any extravagant stories on the forum. If they do, these are people that are most likely to bluff at the table.

And finally, most importantly, understand that you are the best man at the table, and nothing and no one is going to keep you from what is rightfully yours.

God bless you, buddy. Make me proud.

sinmiedo
    sinmiedo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 369

as you're going to be going up against some of the greatest poker minds in the world"

I think you are overestimating a bit, but, I like the statemaent .

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Get some rest, read several poker articles, take your vitamins, eat right, be hydrated, take some adderall for extra concentration, say your prayers

Then on the 3rd hand get it in with AA vs JJ and watch him river the Jack.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: bet_that_all

sinmiedo
    sinmiedo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 369

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Get some rest, read several poker articles, take your vitamins, eat right, be hydrated, take some adderall for extra concentration, say your prayers

Then on the 3rd hand get it in with AA vs JJ and watch him river the Jack.
    After analizing your comment, i will send a request to SBR to change my nick to " Ben Over " because is what i feel after sucking up with hand like that.

hhsilver
    hhsilver's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29934

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post

The first thing you need to do in preparing for this mega-event is to get your rest. It's important that you enter this tournament with a sharp mind, as you're going to be going up against some of the greatest poker minds in the world........

........ Keep your eye on these people, and notice if they tell any extravagant stories on the forum. If they do, these are people that are most likely to bluff at the table.
    note to self : "going up against some of the greatest poker minds in the world" ---> the latest of the many extravagant stories on the forum told by Mr Giant ---> look for Giant bluffs in the final

Thanks for this --- hmmm, now who else might be in the "extravagant stories on the forum" group? or should I ask , who is not in this group?
    Last edited by hhsilver; 12-11-12 at 10:10 AM.

Seaweed
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post

The first thing you need to do in preparing for this mega-event is to get your rest. It's important that you enter this tournament with a sharp mind, as you're going to be going up against some of the greatest poker minds in the world. Be sure to have a trusting alarm clock by your side, as you don't want to fall victim to oversleeping much like the Trinidad marathon runner Jean-Paul did on Seinfeld.

Secondly, you need to make mental notes on each of your opponents. There are going to be 50 of you vying for 5 critical positions in the tournament. I would suggest taking the time to dig deep into the mindset of these individuals. Find out who they are, and if they can be trusted. Keep your eye on these people, and notice if they tell any extravagant stories on the forum. If they do, these are people that are most likely to bluff at the table.

And finally, most importantly, understand that you are the best man at the table, and nothing and no one is going to keep you from what is rightfully yours.

God bless you, buddy. Make me proud.
    Thank you, sir. I don't think i'll sleep in as the game is not in the early hours. Besides, my mental alarm clock never fails when i need it. I have already started making notes on each of my opponents. I have been dieting the past three days eating nothing but chicken and broccoli to make sure my mind is as sharp as can be. My philosophy going in is to let them beat themselves.

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Most shocking revelation here that The Giant made a Seinfeld reference. Someone got the Chiia Pet sense of humor version I mailed.

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity
    BiTeMe UsAdOj's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

Quote Originally Posted by tatddy View Post
    Most shocking revelation here that The Giant made a Seinfeld reference. Someone got the Chiia Pet sense of humor version I mailed.
    Well, yeah, that and the fact he's been DVR'ing Joy Behar religiously...

Fidel_CashFlow
    Fidel_CashFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30419

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

As I've instructed, Seaweed is currently in a warm bubble bath surrounded by candles in an attempt to relax his mind. His eyes are closed, and he is focused on the task at hand which is 90 minutes away. This is one of the biggest moment of his life, he recognizes that, and knows that the time is now for him to shine.

His success is almost a formality at this point. Nothing will stop Seaweed from reaching his goal.

Seaweed
    Update your status

finished 17th, I'm heartbroken.