thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

is this a slowroll?

was playing 1/2 nl on 5 dimes yesterday, which i never play cash online usually, but i had some time to kill and didnt want to get invested in a long tournament.

anyways i had 10j suited hearts on the button or cutoff (cant remember which) all folds tho so it doesnt really matter for this example and i open to 6.

bb defends, its heads up to flop.

flop was 3d3c10c he checks i bet 8 he calls.

turn was the 10d we both check.

river 6d he checks i bet 21 he makes it 68 (has about 80 behind i have him covered) i think for about 5-10 seconds and call (obviously wasnt folding, was debating on if i had any chance of getting the rest of his chips) and he shows 22 for the board and i win. he claims he was slowrolled, which i laughed in his face basically. just making sure im not out of line here. im open to discuss how the hand was played in general as well.

this is a 6 handed game as well, not full ring.

playersonly69
    playersonly69's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 142

That was a slow roll if you are only going to call. Yes that was extremely slow.

A call there should have been within 1 second if you are not going to raise.

Now if you take that long and raise, then that is fine. You are trying to convey a hand like a bluf. But just to call after that long is a slowroll

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Not a slow roll. Guy needs to get over it. Online people are multi-tasking often. Not like you were hollywooding it at a live table.

...out of curiosity, why wouldn't you want to shove the river after he raises?
    Last edited by daneblazer; 11-14-12 at 01:34 PM.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

looks like a clear river raise

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by playersonly69 View Post
    That was a slow roll if you are only going to call. Yes that was extremely slow.

A call there should have been within 1 second if you are not going to raise.

Now if you take that long and raise, then that is fine. You are trying to convey a hand like a bluf. But just to call after that long is a slowroll
    im not allowed to think about raising and then just decide to call? if hes allin then yes it is a slowroll for sure.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

im glad you guys brought this up, me just calling.

reasoning:

1. he never plays just the 3 like this IMO or even 66. if hes playing it as a bluff catcher, he just calls my river bet, if hes going for value, hed bet into me (more likely with those types of hands). ax and pocket pairs or 6x are perfect bluff catchers and would just call the river bet.

2. he has the other 10 (chop, and hes never folding for 80 dollars more). a bluff (not calling anything else anyways) or pocket 3s (would be an extreme cooler), so i really felt nothing i had beat would call me.

a little added bonus was that i would get to see what he had due to the software on that room if it was a bluff, this didnt really factor into my decision however.

Bigbill365
    Big Money Bettors
    Bigbill365's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1016

who cares slow roll all day and boss up and get that money

Duff85
    Getting ready for Japball
    Duff85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4007

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    was playing 1/2 nl on 5 dimes yesterday, which i never play cash online usually, but i had some time to kill and didnt want to get invested in a long tournament.

anyways i had 10j suited hearts on the button or cutoff (cant remember which) all folds tho so it doesnt really matter for this example and i open to 6.

river 6d he checks i bet 21 he makes it 68 (has about 80 behind i have him covered) i think for about 5-10 seconds and call (obviously wasnt folding, was debating on if i had any chance of getting the rest of his chips) and he shows 22 for the board and i win. he claims he was slowrolled, which i laughed in his face basically. just making sure im not out of line here. im open to discuss how the hand was played in general as well.

The fact that you thought about something makes it not a slow roll really. I would then have put a note on him to slowroll him everytime you have him beat. A proper slowroll would have been to let your whole clock run off, while typing in likely hands that he may have in the chat box, before finishing off with "Fukk it, i'll gamble" before shoving your stack in the middle.

I make a point of slow rolling any one that pisses me off at the poker table.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

i agree duff i had a legit decision or at least a semi decision to make and yes if that is gona bother him i should use it to my advantage later on, never really had another chance to, he left soon after.

qwertvt
    qwertvt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

I don't think it is even possible to slow roll online. You had a great hand (post flop) but it is easy to get side-tracked when playing online.
    Not to mention - You bet the river and the other person raises. I have seen alot of people shove their entire bankroll on a hand like yours only to discover that the other person had 33 in the hole. 5-10 seconds is not that long at all and the person you were playing made a poor raise. If you had 7 or better he knows he is a goner.

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Not a slowroll. But who really cares anyway. If you open the door for someone and they don't say "thank you", do you reflect on it later in the day? Probably not. The guy needs to STFU and get over it.

If you get slowrolled, say FU to the other player, then proceed with life.

MadTiger
    Wait 'til next year!
    MadTiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

If you don't have the best possible hand that is unbeatable (the NUTS), then it can NEVER be a slowroll. A strong hand is not a slowroll.

Hate whiners.

You were fine.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Two guys in Cherokee, nc were going at it, river comes and there was a bet then a shove...guy uses his time bank, calls the waitress over and orders food. Then right before the clock expires he calls and flips over the stones. That's a fukkin slow roll.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Duff85

qwertvt
    qwertvt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

I don't live to far from Cherokee. I never went there because I thought it was all video slots. I may check it out this weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Two guys in Cherokee, nc were going at it, river comes and there was a bet then a shove...guy uses his time bank, calls the waitress over and orders food. Then right before the clock expires he calls and flips over the stones. That's a fukkin slow roll.

BeerDog99
    BeerDog99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

A slow roll is a dick move. To each his own but people should show some class in my opinion.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9137

I don't give a shit how long anyone takes personally. How does it affect me?

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity
    BiTeMe UsAdOj's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    I don't give a shit how long anyone takes personally. How does it affect me?
    Oh yeah, tiddler!

Of course it affects you and I'd tell you how & why but just b/c of your attitude, I'm gonna slowroll my response so don't expect to see it for a few days!

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

i dont think the play itself is very bad by him. it looked really strong, even moreso since hed been tight up to that point. definitely some hands i would have bet that he could have gotten me off with that play.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9137

Quote Originally Posted by BiTeMe UsAdOj View Post

Oh yeah, tiddler!

Of course it affects you and I'd tell you how & why but just b/c of your attitude, I'm gonna slowroll my response so don't expect to see it for a few days!

I'm holding my breath waiting

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

Haha he played his 22 like an idiot, gotta love online fish..

Dragster
    Dragster's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post

Very hard to categorically say that this was a slow roll when you are playing online. The guy could be multi-tabling or have even had to answer his phone, could be having connection problems. I play online and have taken more time than needed before calling with the nuts and been slagged off for "slow rolling" when I wasn't.......I think live then its a different story.

Poker columnist at www.poker.co.uk

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Quote Originally Posted by qwertvt View Post
    I don't live to far from Cherokee. I never went there because I thought it was all video slots. I may check it out this weekend.
    They have poker, black jack, and nearly everything else. Just migrated from poker pro tables to real cards just recently

ActuaryDan
    Update your status
    ActuaryDan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 678

No slow roll. Just a an awful play by him

wiffle
    wiffle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

thinking about raising is obv fine although calling is usually best

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

i dont see why he played 22 so bad, highly unlikely i have the 10, his line looks really strong on the river, if he had been playing wild it was bad but he was playing pretty snug for about 10 orbits, i really expected to see the other 10 when i called.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by Dragster View Post
    Very hard to categorically say that this was a slow roll when you are playing online. The guy could be multi-tabling or have even had to answer his phone, could be having connection problems. I play online and have taken more time than needed before calling with the nuts and been slagged off for "slow rolling" when I wasn't.......I think live then its a different story.

Poker columnist at www.poker.co.uk
    im the guy in the hand, the opponent is accusing me of the slowroll. it was an honest decision between call and raise, there was no lag or anything like that.