Utg (25 bbs to start) min raises to 200
    mp1 calls (20bbs) 200
    mp3, (right of co) calls (12 bbs) 200
    co raises all in 22 bbs

utg calls
    mp1 folds
    mp3 calls

who played this hand well?

if i tell you the result, will you change your opinion on who to say "nice hand"?

I'll tell you what each person had Saturday, then we can then AGAIN determine who actually played the hand well. ***i was not the person that played the hand well***

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

CO depending on what they had. Could make an argument for "nobody"...

4uk4life
    4uk4life's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1820

Do you have nightmares while you sleep of people being nice to each other?

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by 4uk4life View Post
    awesome

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

lol cant say without knowing what they have. mp3 probably plays it terrible though, cant find a hand id do that with.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    lol cant say without knowing what they have.
    This is exactly what I was thinking. The hand is a major part of the equation.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

its a simple training exercise.

that too hard to understand?

RudyRuetigger

lol cant say without knowing what they have. mp3 probably plays it terrible though, cant find a hand id do that with.
    so you already know 1 of 4 is terrible, but lol cant say without knowing?

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25117

tourney or cash game?

mp3 and mp1 were both fairly poor hands. even moreso with mp3 putting in 1/6 of his stack to just call. Even if he has monster its time to shove and try to isolate initial raiser.

UTG, I just dont believe in or understand the min raise there. What is he accomplishing there. Ill be honest though, Ive never been a big min raise guy unless late position, getting creative so I generally view the move as weak as a whole.

If CO has a decent hand or knows that UTG is a moron with a wide range of mid raise then I can see his play there.

So minus CO you could basically tell any of them nh if you really wanted too and by nh I mean the one that is generally followed by expletives mumbled under your breath

RudyRuetigger

tourney

what hands would you have utg to only raise min and call a shove with 2 people left to act (and pretty short stacked)?

what hands would you call mp1 10% of your stack, then fold with having to risk 1800 more with atleast 4500 already in the pot (that players main pot)?

what hands would you call 17% of your stack preflop, then call all in getting 1000 to the pot of about 4000 (that players main pot)?

what hands would you shove over the min raise and 2 calls?

I don't think you really need what hands they were to make the decision?
    Last edited by RudyRuetigger; 11-08-12 at 08:23 PM.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

cant wait to hear what the expert comes up with, i wont say anything because i dont want to taint this stupidity any more. i can def see some hands id play utg and the cutoff like that though. realistically, i suspect mp3 is donking around and shows up with a hand that should probably have been folded.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    tourney

what hands would you have utg to only raise min and call a shove with 2 people left to act (and pretty short stacked)?

what hands would you call mp1 10% of your stack, then fold with having to risk 1800 more with atleast 4500 already in the pot (that players main pot)?

what hands would you call 17% of your stack preflop, then call all in getting 1000 to the pot of about 4000 (that players main pot)?

um ya u do.

RudyRuetigger

um ya u do.
    um do you realize poker is about putting people on a range of hands?

the more important question is what kind of player each is, not what exact hands they have

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

um do you realize poker is about putting people on a range of hands?

the more important question is what kind of player each is, not what hands they have
    no shit so if the cutoff shoved with 27 do we tell him nice hand?

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

i have a range thats ok for the utg player and one for the cutoff and if either or both falls into that range ill say they made an ok play.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

i was having a hard time thinking of anything mp3 could play in that fashion that i would approve of, not one hand in the deck.

RudyRuetigger

no shit so if the cutoff shoved with 27 do we tell him nice hand?
    given the right table dynamics, 27 might be a profitable shove.

i have a range thats ok for the utg player and one for the cutoff and if either or both falls into that range ill say they made an ok play.
    then that is your answer

by the way, i forget but i dont think anyone actually said nice hand when it happened. i thought it was an interesting scenario as to see who actually had a nice hand.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

given the right table dynamics, 27 might be a profitable shove.

then that is your answer
    ya 27 a profitable shove at an sbrcallfest

ill give u an example if u say utg had aces, then id say he played it well, if you tell me he has 22 id say he played it bad so thats why we have to know the hands they did it with sherlock, if you said give an acceptable range for each player thats an entirely different story.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Give them all AK. What if they didn't look at their cards? Which play makes sense there?

There's a ton of things that would play into who made the better play, like is the utg a tight player, but just by actions the cutoff likely makes the "better" play a larger percentage of the time because he has a chance to win a decent sized pot uncontested by squeezing a min raise with two callers.

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25117

tourney

Me personally there is no hand that im min raising UTG with. Especially in a game where I know a min raise is likely to generate five callers regardless of stack sizes. Now if I had a substantially larger stack than I could possibly justify trying to build a big hand/pot.

MP1- Im not calling there generally, especially with stack size.

MP3- Im shove/fold in that situation. No other options for me.

CO- By time makes it to me again your options can only be shove/fold. If I shove its in hopes of taking it down obviously or only having to outrun 1 hand. Now you would think mp3 would be an automatic call but especially at SBR who knows. I see guys often limp off half there stack and fold when they miss the flop and believe they have played hand right.

As far as what hands I would shove over min raise and 2 callers. Quite a few.
    Unless I have something to tell me otherwise.

For whats it worth though Im generally donkey/one trick pony and my answer is normally to just push

RudyRuetigger

ill give u an example if u say utg had aces, then id say he played it well, if you tell me he has 22 id say he played it bad so thats why we have to know the hands they did it with sherlock, if you said give an acceptable range for each player thats an entirely different story.
    hey watson, i think it was pretty obvious you needed to determine a range during the 1st step and conclude which person(s) did play it well.

i did say:

I'll tell you what each person had Saturday, then we can then AGAIN determine who actually played the hand well. ***i was not the person that played the hand well***

4uk4life

Oh my bad. I was unaware we had training around here. Who's the trainer? Was this decided on election night??? I didn't get my vote in

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9225

Quote Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
    Me personally there is no hand that im min raising UTG with. Especially in a game where I know a min raise is likely to generate five callers regardless of stack sizes.
    I min raise UTG quite a bit. Any bet post flop from there seems to make most people fold around here.

Would love to hear some advice on UTG strategy though. Often not confident if I am doing the right thing when playing early.

ballahollic2
    Update your status
    ballahollic2's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10716

I will assume Rudy is the CO. Tough question not knowing the dynamics of the table and exactly what we think of each opponent. UTG's play is fine IMO. I dunno what he ends up showing but on the surface I don't see anything he did wrong. "Assuming" Rudy is the CO in this scenario I think utg can call off lighter then normal. MP1 is always folding and CO knows that when jamming. MP3 is the wildcard in this as far as if he calls off or not. I think it may be slightly 2 thin for CO to jam light. I will say UTG had AQ, MP3 had 3's, and CO had Qj. IF Rudy isn't CO this whole thought process may be way off lol. I will say
    UTG played it the best
    CO 2nd
    MP1 3rd
    and MP3 with the best hand pre played it the worst.

See if I am close come Saturday lol

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

I will say MP3 too tired to explain why

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

utg min raising doesnt bother me really although in these tournaments id be more likely to make it 250-300 at this level. still not a fan of limping big hands or making it a "scared to play poker" 500 raise.

mp1 is borderline deep enough to set mine so if he has a low pp, i can live with it, especially since hands are rarely 3bet on here. honestly, low-mid pps are about all i could see him having, being the first caller with hands like kj jq is not good play. those type of hands are easily dominated and also will be out of position if other players come along.

mp3 needs to just shove or fold IMO. if he somehow lucked out and was trapping aa good for him, but hes basically bringing the blinds in very cheap if the cutoff doesnt shove, also other hands are more playable later in position and with more money in the pot.

co can shove some hands in this spot, id lean to do it with a stronger range though. i think hes still deep enough to only 3 bet hands like aa or kk to 600 or so, i could see shoving hands like 10s jj qq ak aq, i guess 8s 9s r ok, id lean to setmining those type hands.

RudyRuetigger

Oh my bad. I was unaware we had training around here. Who's the trainer? Was this decided on election night??? I didn't get my vote in
    The trainer is anyone that has a logical response. Unfortunately, you did not make the cut.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

rudy just post this hand already this has gone on long enough.

4uk4life

The trainer is anyone that has a logical response. Unfortunately, you did not make the cut.
    Oh I'm sure you think you did lol. I bet you are too fun at parties too. Don't like to joke around much do ya?

Let me pull out my bag of give a shits......nope sorry I'm all out

RudyRuetigger

Oh I'm sure you think you did lol. I bet you are too fun at parties too. Don't like to joke around much do ya?

Let me pull out my bag of give a shits......nope sorry I'm all out

Are you mad because I don't laugh when you sit at the fukkin tables and talk about what your fukkin wife is watchin on tv??

Or are you mad that this thread actually developed into good discussion and now you look like a fool?

RudyRuetigger

50/100 blinds, full ring

Utg (25 bbs to start) min raises to 200
    mp1 calls (20bbs) 200
    mp3, (right of co) calls (12 bbs) 200
    co raises all in 22 bbs

utg calls
    mp1 folds
    mp3 calls
    Lets say this:

UTG has AK
    MP1 66
    MP3 10 10
    CO AQs

who played it best on the first round of action?

who played it well after the shove by CO?

who played it best overall?

4uk4life

You seem angry bro. Why so much hate?

You make a thread telling people to stop saying nh like it's really your business. Then you make another thread asking who should receive "nh" All I did was ask if you really had that much of a problem with it. Don't be so angry

RudyRuetigger

You seem angry bro. Why so much hate?
    reread thread brahhhhh, pretty easy to tell where the hate is.

i only see 1 person derailing it.

4uk4life

reread thread brahhhhh, pretty easy to tell where the hate is.

i only see 1 person derailing it.
    I can assure you I have 0 hate towards you. I made a jokingly comment very early in this thread to which you replied in a pissed off manner. I simply replied to it. I love everybody here and I enjoy talking at the tables whether its about what my wife is watching on tv, when my baby is due or whatever else I decide to talk about. If you have a problem with that, you can. I won't stop making friends and chatting it up at the table. I won't reply again since it bothers you so much. My intentions were playful, not harmful. Sorry you decided to take it the wrong way.

RudyRuetigger

I can assure you I have 0 hate towards you. I made a jokingly comment very early in this thread to which you replied in a pissed off manner. I simply replied to it. I love everybody here and I enjoy talking at the tables whether its about what my wife is watching on tv, when my baby is due or whatever else I decide to talk about. If you have a problem with that, you can. I won't stop making friends and chatting it up at the table. I won't reply again since it bothers you so much. My intentions were playful, not harmful. Sorry you decided to take it the wrong way.
    I took it the wrong way? You do realize the whole chat is right above??

12 Last