daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

What's the best "logic" you've heard at the poker tables

Some gems I've heard...

An old guy at the table after slowly calling away a few hundred bucks including a huge bet on the river with King high say "There aint no such thing as a winning poker player. Anyone who says they win at poker is a LIAR".

Saw a guy call a 4 bet all in with 45 suited and won because "the flop is either going to come high or low and I have a 50/50 chance to win there."

Some guy told me that I only look at my cards when it's my turn because "Im a tournament player".

Played against a guy who flopped a set of Kings on a K 9 3 board but folded to me because "he just knew the flush was coming".

eeezzzz
    eeezzzz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7391

I had been playing at a table and I was telling another player that I folded a hand in a tournament because I was out of position. Completely unrelated to this old man I am about to tell you about. He had been steaming on tilt, I forget why. He was a pretty steady loser every time I played with him.

well,

I get JJ on the button and the BB called me(old angry man). He turns 2 pair and gets my $100 on a 862 3 board. He had 63. He says "See position don't mean shit in a cash game!" I just laughed at him and didn't say much.

He was actually my personal fitness coach in high school ( I don't even think he recognized me as 1 of his former students). In this class he would line up all the hot girls in 1 line and have the class do stretches as he stood behind them and raped them with his eyes. He was a perverted old man with a crazy anger problem. A couple years later he got hit by a car and died. True story. I'll never forget him saying that.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47523

"It was suited"
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: 4uk4life

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

quote 3 is half right at least lol.

ive heard a million stupid things in my life, one guy told me he knew exactly what cards would come on pokerstars on the turn and river and he was able to win because he could fold the nuts on some flops.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    "It was suited"

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Heard this in a live tournament a few years back. Bother players get in it before the flop.

Player 1: AA

Player 2: AK

In a non joking manner, player 2 turns to his buddy and says "Yes, I got this. He only has one out and I have twice as many".
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: borednaz

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

2 different suits in your hand means double the chance of a flush

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25123

Old of course but I still get a kick out of "I knew you had it but just had to see it"