cmval
    pokerz
    cmval's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

Are there any non-pros in the Top 50?

BeerDog99
    BeerDog99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

Well, just my 2cents, but if there was any "annual" list, it should include all tourneys. Like Arun and others, my total would be much higher with weekends included.

The weekday tourneys are for the current championships and are separated and limited.

The weekend tourneys are all open tourneys so there is no barrier for people to join.

Just seems silly to segregate more, especially if there is anything special planned for the top points winners.

Cheers.

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 51449

Quote Originally Posted by BeerDog99 View Post
    Well, just my 2cents, but if there was any "annual" list, it should include all tourneys. Like Arun and others, my total would be much higher with weekends included.

The weekday tourneys are for the current championships and are separated and limited.

The weekend tourneys are all open tourneys so there is no barrier for people to join.

Just seems silly to segregate more, especially if there is anything special planned for the top points winners.

Cheers.

Got to say I disagree. For one, as I mentioned, the weekend tourneys (especially the Professionals Tourney) has a much higher buyin than most others, and those who can't afford it would have no chance long-term to keep pace in total points to those who can play in it every week.

And the other thing is the Professionals Tourney has a much higher prize fund than the others (naturally given the buyin) - winning it can equal winning one of the daily tourneys between six and eight times. Why should just one of the weekly tourneys have such a huge impact on the overall standings? The way it's set up, with only weekday tourneys contributing, all of the tourneys which count have essentially the same buyin and similar prize structures making the contest who can truly perform best long-term (as it should be imo), not mostly about who happens to run lucky in the Professional Tourney.

BeerDog99
    BeerDog99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

Well I would say that almost all people who are in the running for top spots would/should have enough to buyin to any of the tourneys offered.

They are open events, that is the key. The past years arguments for the massive payout tournaments were for tourneys that people had to win into, therefore they were not open, they were on the weekend and yet they were included.

In summary, I would suggest that any total year tourney rankings list include all open tourney events. To me that seems the simplest and most fair overall way to summarize results.

Anyways, we could argue all we want, I have a different opinion but I don't think anything you or I say about it is going to amount to a hill of beans as it relates to anything John/Lou decide to do (if anything).

Cheers and good luck!

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25123

Don't count the weekend. Think I have played 2 or 3 all year.

4uk4life
    4uk4life's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1820

Quote Originally Posted by BeerDog99 View Post
    Well I would say that almost all people who are in the running for top spots would/should have enough to buyin to any of the tourneys offered.

They are open events, that is the key. The past years arguments for the massive payout tournaments were for tourneys that people had to win into, therefore they were not open, they were on the weekend and yet they were included.

In summary, I would suggest that any total year tourney rankings list include all open tourney events. To me that seems the simplest and most fair overall way to summarize results.

Anyways, we could argue all we want, I have a different opinion but I don't think anything you or I say about it is going to amount to a hill of beans as it relates to anything John/Lou decide to do (if anything).

Cheers and good luck!
    lol I think I'm the only one near the top who can't bro.

bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

Quote Originally Posted by 4uk4life View Post
    lol I think I'm the only one near the top who can't bro.
    Did you buy an Ipad or tv, where did all your points go?

4uk4life

Quote Originally Posted by bobbywaves View Post
    Did you buy an Ipad or tv, where did all your points go?
    Lately(past month or so) they go to other players at the cash table. Over the whole year they went in my stomach lol

Buying pizzas are obviously the curse that ends you. Don't do it!

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

SBR Lou - Is it possible to have daily updates on the final week so that we know if we have to force the play... or play cautiously to qualify? If you can't... no big deal. Thank You.

RyanLeafOfBets
    Team Dexter
    RyanLeafOfBets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

0/3 on the week... no cashes

Monday: AK vs AQ
    Tuesday: AK vs 22
    Wednesday: QQ vs K9

Thanks SBR for doing your best to sabotage me and have me miss the top 50.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

I have such terrible luck.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1830

Quote Originally Posted by wal66 View Post
    I know it sounds silly. I know it makes it look like I'm crying over spilled milk but I swear it seems as though there is a individual variance dial on the program and my dial is set on the highest level.

I've played far fewer tournaments on Full Tilt, Poker Stars and other sites before Black Friday and won more than once with fields far and away larger than the average 45 player tournaments in this series. I've only made it to heads up 3 times and lost all 3 of those by getting in with the best.

I'm just spouting off cause it's becoming very clear I have wasted an enormous amount of time in missing only 5 tourney's and am 11 spots outside the Top 50 and it's aggravating.

Lou, how about for one week only you turn my variance dial down to just 50%.
    The algorithm does not award your type of play.

ProfaneReality
    ProfaneReality's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by cmval View Post
    Are there any non-pros in the Top 50?
    Good question

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

i agree with money, should have daily updates for the next week and for the satellite week so we can see what we need to do everyday. im pretty much firmly in the 51-100 spot it seems especially since i got 2nd yesterday, i have no realistic top 50 chance.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

lou how are we going to do the satellites? playing only the players in our group or is it gona be a big free for all?

4uk4life

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    lou how are we going to do the satellites? playing only the players in our group or is it gona be a big free for all?
    Only the players in each group. 51-100 play one, 101-150 and so on except for 201-infinity. That's unlimited and only the winner advances

borednaz
    Swing Piggy Swing!
    borednaz's Avatar Become A Pro!

I would like more frequent updates as well. I have no chance in hell of top 50 but I might luck box into top 100 if everyone else sucks & I can ever get higher than 5th.. Always FT, never the winner lol

Nittany Lion
    Nittany Lion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 675

I wonder how many people in the top 100 are not sbr pro, maybe I'll be kicked down to top 100.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Glad I started this with a strong run, as I can't get a good cash to save my life in this run to the checkers.

horja1
    Grrrrrr
    horja1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    SBR Lou - Is it possible to have daily updates on the final week so that we know if we have to force the play... or play cautiously to qualify? If you can't... no big deal. Thank You.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47515

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Glad I started this with a strong run, as I can't get a good cash to save my life in this run to the checkers.
    cooooeeeee

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Quote Originally Posted by Nittany Lion View Post
    I wonder how many people in the top 100 are not sbr pro, maybe I'll be kicked down to top 100.
    Probably a good chance.

I think there are a more than a few non-pros in the top 100.

dumbmoney
    dumbmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 292

Think I should have clinched top 50 with yesterdays cash, up to 7470. A little worried that the top players that kind of clinched already don't play as much the last week and the cutoff moves up more than usual, but I still think 7300 or better should be pretty safe.

First 12