stuler
    stuler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 308

Thanks for the info on the fix. Been using AVG free software for years have never had any problems why waste money on BS antivirus that cost money? Just sayin'

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5958

Quote Originally Posted by eberetta1 View Post
    Your solution, solved my problem. My workaround last night was to play SBR poker
    with AVG turned off. I like your solution alot better than mine.
    Not a problem man.

They say you can teach a man to fish...anyway the rest of the guys in here can have fun jerking each other off with nonsense while we play poker.

Peace.

sbr_poker
    sbr_poker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2520

UPDATE: We are working with AVG to get SBR Poker white-listed. Also they are supposedly investigating the current false positive for the Win32/DH{CA** virus in sbr.exe. According to them our issue has been "escalated". Yesterday I was able to remove the virus signature from sbr.exe but it required massive changes. I couldn't isolate it to a specific area of code where I could make a low-impact change and then do a new release. It's somewhere in the core code since even our first release from two years ago has it.

So, for now, the fix for this is still adding sbr.exe as an exception in AVG (see my first reply in this post for instructions) or use a different virus checker.

Thanks for everybody's help and input on this issue.
    Last edited by sbr_poker; 08-16-12 at 09:30 AM.

stevek173

Quote Originally Posted by sbr_poker View Post
    UPDATE: We are working with AVG to get SBR Poker white-listed. Also they are supposedly investigating the current false positive for the Win32/DH{CA** virus in sbr.exe. According to them our issue has been "escalated". Yesterday I was able to remove the virus signature from sbr.exe but it required massive changes. I couldn't isolate it to a specific area of code where I could make a low-impact change and then do a new release. It's somewhere in the core code since even our first release from two years ago has it.

So, for now, the fix for this is still adding sbr.exe as an exception in AVG (see my first reply in this post for instructions) or use a different virus checker.

I'll keep everyone calm and inline post back when you have it figured out, thanks.

CrazyCarl
    CrazyCarl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2162

Quote Originally Posted by stuler View Post
    Thanks for the info on the fix. Been using AVG free software for years have never had any problems why waste money on BS antivirus that cost money? Just sayin'
    MSE is free FYI

TheLuckyAces
    TheLuckyAces's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCarl View Post
    MSE is free FYI
    along with a lot of other software: comodo, avast, avira...

CrazyCarl
    CrazyCarl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2162

Quote Originally Posted by TheLuckyAces View Post
    along with a lot of other software: comodo, avast, avira...
    Yeah, but the main one we were talking about in here was MSE, and he asked why switch to a paid one, which didn't make sense in that case..

Did you read the posts above it?

stevek173

you guys better calm the fok down.

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

meh, ill wait to dl this....not a fukking chance in hell i willingly dl something that sbr says is safe, yet any antivirus protection says is not...sbr could be all up in you chumps business gl boyz

bracerman
    bracerman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3404

Quote Originally Posted by sbr_poker View Post

Any update on getting AVG to stop flagging SBR Poker?

dowecheat'em&how
    dowecheat'em&how's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6762

any update still having problems...DWCH

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sorry guys. AVG is being real thick about just white-listing the poker application.

GOIRISH
    GOIRISH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1128

so is it a concern?

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by GOIRISH View Post
    so is it a concern?
    I should have included that SBR poker was whitelisted by Norton. There is no concern. The only concern is AVG's poor customer support. Maybe it's because the majority of their customers are using a free service?

sbr_poker
    sbr_poker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2520

AVG is telling me that SBR Poker should be okay with their latest update:

"Unfortunately, the previous virus database might have detected the mentioned virus in some legitimate applications. We can confirm that this was a false alarm. We will release a new virus update removing the false positive detection of the mentioned file. Please update your AVG as described in FAQ 3271: http://www.avg.com/faq?num=3271".

To update AVG, open the AVG interface, and click the "Update now" tab.

This worked for me on the current version of Poker but it still flags previous versions as a virus.

Please try this and let us know what happens.

First 12