lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

Anyone here play online poker 10 years ago??

paradise poker, absolute poker etc??

if yes.

1 how has the NLHE game changed?
    2 are players better now?

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

I'm at 9 years, I think.

1. The players are a lot better. People understand theory, hand ranges, tournament strategy etc much better. There weren't many books written back then.

2. Yes

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

i played at paradise poker then party poker were my first 2. The game has changed because you have younger kids who spend their parents money and have no concept of losing their own so they play a lot more looser.

Halstad
    Update your status
    Halstad's Avatar Become A Pro!

I started in '03 or '04 on True Poker and Party Poker.

Players are light years better now than they were when I first started. I'm 10x the player I was back then and I was winning then too.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

i was 100% in at the beginning at BOS poker....BET ON SPORTS for anyone old school.....although paradise wasnt far behind....i was a lot of cake games...IGOTPOKER....readable site ect...many laughable.....only reason I stayed is I was up lol.....it is way more legit im sure....pokerstars is $

Deep_Rest
    Deep_Rest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10319

My first poker room was Pokerroom.com Looking back, that was a POS site. There were so many Eurodonks it was laughable. The only major difference is tracking software/being able to play 12+ tables.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

lots of bumhunters, nits in todays game.. it's hard to get excited about poker these days with the scandals @ FT/UB etc.. not to mention players cheating, multiaccounting an ongoing problem

i love poker but the state of the the online games today is brutal.. can we get another poker boom or is poker dead forever

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

yeah Im pretty much not playing online for those reasons bawks,,,i would play pokerstars if I could but that is.....about 5 years from now the sites will be Vegas operated...and legal in US

Al Masters
    Al Masters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11516

I played at Plant Poker, which Mike Cairo and company fuckked up,and played at P.S when the biggest game
    they had was 15-30 limit and WSEX when they had their great HU games.

dumbmoney
    dumbmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 292

I first joined party poker over 10 years ago, before the poker craze hit. Once the poker craze started (helped a lot by the premiere of World Poker Tour in 2002 and then blew up when Moneymaker won in 2003) the game was much easier than it is now. People had no idea how to play, and it was so easy to deposit and play that you had a ton of amateurs. I actually supported myself through grad school on online poker. I played a lot of the big sites at one time or another (party poker, absolute poker, poker room, ultimatebet, poker stars, carbon poker, full tilt, and probably some others I can't think of now). The online cash games are much harder a few years ago. I stopped playing after Full Tilt was shut down. The average player was way ahead of where they were back 10 years ago. Its much harder to deposit/withdraw so that weeds out a lot of the drunk amateurs that used to fill up the sites. By the end of my online poker career @ full tilt before it was shutdown, the players were much better and I could barely win enough to make up for the rake.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

this wuld be like comparing nba players in the 50s to todays players.

Halstad
    Update your status
    Halstad's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    this wuld be like comparing nba players in the 50s to todays players.
    Part of me wants to say this is an under exaggeration too.

Griffey4Ever
    Griffey4Ever's Avatar Become A Pro!

I used to play on Party Poker back in the day, can't stand the online game anymore. All those trackers and shit ruin the game, switched to grinding it on the felt.

no1here
    no1here's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6547

2004 started at Pacific playing play money for complete year, since dozens of sites and forums
    good players back then as now, thousands of players back then as now