wal66
    wal66's Avatar Become A Pro!

Online Poker Question

I haven't read the actual law in detail but from what I gather the legality lies with funding and withdrawing from within the US borders.

So my question is this. If simply having an account and playing isn't the crime if someone say in Canada were to transfer funds to my account and I win and transfer the funds back to them and they cashout have I technically broken the law?

BeerDog99
    BeerDog99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

Isn't this along the lines of money laundering as I assume you would somehow get compensation for your winnings?

The USA is a free country right?

wal66

That's kind of the unasked question BeerDog. I mean the law states it's illegal to transfer funds via US financial institutions. It seems that we are given an out but I don't know all the legalities of what constitutes actual laundering. I would guess it's close if but maybe just skirts inside the line.

I'm just dieing to play online. Not enough to move outside the borders but still got an itch that needs scratching. Sorry SBR Poker it's just not the same.

Halstad
    Update your status
    Halstad's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by wal66 View Post
    I haven't read the actual law in detail but from what I gather the legality lies with funding and withdrawing from within the US borders.

So my question is this. If simply having an account and playing isn't the crime if someone say in Canada were to transfer funds to my account and I win and transfer the funds back to them and they cashout have I technically broken the law?
    Withdrawals are exempt under UIGEA, so transferring to your friend in Canada is unnecessary. It might be quicker than some other withdrawal methods though.

edit: read poker legislation forum on 2+2 forums

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

you can play on cake or winning network they are decent

Hurls
    Hurls's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 663

that whole group that includes cake carbon etc... I was not a fan of how things were over there I would try cake before carbon, carbon pain in the ass

wal66

Good stuff guys.

I started the same thread at my home forum and Mmarkets delivered some truly great information.

BeerDog99
    BeerDog99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

Quote Originally Posted by wal66 View Post
    Good stuff guys.

I started the same thread at my home forum and Mmarkets delivered some truly great information.
    Repost it so we can see.

wal66

Quote Originally Posted by BeerDog99 View Post
    Repost it so we can see.
    SBR rules prevents me from linkinG you to Another foruM. RulEs aLso prevent me from promotIng another forum. I can only tell you that I post at another forum. The Valuable information MmarkEt provided though is worth checking out.