freelife1
    freelife1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Poker and Drugs/Alchol.

Do you drink or use when playing live poker or even online?

I NEVER drink and play poker..

My first live NL I took xanax to be super calm and did ok until i got felted 120 bucks when I had KKs vs. tens.
    My advantage was i look very young for 24 so IM sure he thought I had AK OR 99s , this might make me look very weak as a player.

Has any one ever seen high stakes poker? those players eyes are blown out, dont blink, and look around 360.
    What hyperactivity they show! Yes i know they are pros and they sleep 16 hours before they play in HUGH cash games (hellmuth haha) but, what do you think?

And please dont talk about mike the mouth everyone knows he wacks a 8 ball before he walks into the bellagio (well older seasons at least, i dont think so any more.)

Anyway whats your expirences...Could the use of substance (including alch) play to your advantage.
    OR will it make a winning player broke either way lol.

Hurls
    Hurls's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 663

either way its all luck fuked up or not

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status
    MonkeyF0cker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1127

I used to do a fair amount of blow when playing.

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Hurls View Post
    either way its all luck fuked up or not
    No, it's not.

I played pretty extensively online 5-10 years ago and found that my numbers were actually better when I was about 1 to 3 drinks deep than they were when I was stone cold sober. After 3 the play started to fall off pretty dramtically. Still think it's inadvisable to drink when you're playing but for whatever reason a couple drinks seemed to do me good.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

honestly the only time i feel like playing poker is after a few drinks..

nrok2118
    nrok2118's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 635

Back in my heyday I would get bombed and bring a G of blow back home and play online poker till the early morning. I didnt drink and do drugs when I played poker, I played poker when I drank and did drugs.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: peacebyinches

turtlejc
    turtlejc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

usually special K or some heroin...if I felt a crash coming i would get a massage and ask to be blinded out

peacebyinches
    pull the trigger
    peacebyinches's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7802

here is how I rate my poker playing abilities in different states of mind:

normal/rested/sober 3

a little tipsy 5

close to wasted 4

absolutely obliterated 7

stoned 1

blazed out of my mind -455

snorted some yayo 9.2

snorted a LOT of yayo 3.585868302

painkillers/opiates 5

cough syrup -4

ambien -23

ambien + alcohol + xanax + pcp + bath salts + crystal meth =

BrickJames
    Action
    BrickJames's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8914

alcohol was always big problem for me while playing poker, that is one of the reasons i like online, there is no 22 year old hottie asking you if you want a drink every 2 min. Poker is all about making decisions and any mood altering substance is going to effect you decision making.

peacebyinches
    pull the trigger

what if your decision making is off to start with? you fold the nuts to some idiot with nothing and lose a big payout? it goes both ways !

borednaz
    Swing Piggy Swing!
    borednaz's Avatar Become A Pro!

The truth is play in whatever state makes you relaxed enough that you aren't scared to make decisions.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

i try not to do much of anything w/o one drug or another in my system, preferably several.....stick to poker tho cause meth and table gms against the house are a good way to lose a ton of money..

BrickJames
    Action

Quote Originally Posted by peacebyinches View Post
    what if your decision making is off to start with? you fold the nuts to some idiot with nothing and lose a big payout? it goes both ways !
    Why would you ever fold the nuts?

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by BrickJames View Post
    i want what drugs he on..

BrickJames
    Action

Quote Originally Posted by borednaz View Post
    The truth is play in whatever state makes you relaxed enough that you aren't scared to make decisions.
    Play whatever STAKES make you relaxed. You dont need junk to play poker.

borednaz
    Swing Piggy Swing!
    borednaz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BrickJames View Post
    Haven't you not seen PBI play? He thinks 72 off is the nuts.

BrickJames
    Action

Quote Originally Posted by borednaz View Post
    Haven't you not seen PBI play? He thinks 72 off is the nuts.
    The nuts is the best possible hand.

Hankwins
    Hankwins's Avatar Become A Pro!

i Always drink, no drugs. I've done coke before but never realllybeen tempted to gamble on thAT shit.

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

Have you ever played poker.....ON WEED?!?
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 03-11-15 at 10:34 AM. Reason: image does not exist
    Points Awarded:

2daBank gave Dutch 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I play great when high on weed or painkillers or even better, both.....Online or live, puts me in the zone

Also try a Xanax or klonopin with a beer or 2, different state of mind, but more relaxed.....Maybe don't take as many shots as you should though

Just a few beers alone helps me too, but once I start getting drunk my play becomes erratic......Could win a lot or lose a lot, definitely not afraid to bluff big, that's for sure

Never played on coke and haven't really done any other drugs.....Can't imagine the other shit out there would work well with poker though

Overall just a small amount of painkiller (Percocet or 1/2 a roxy) alone is probably the best.......Gives you the perfect balance of focus and motivation.....Just don't overdue anything or your play will go to shit

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

I'm always drunk gambling could be why i've been broke most of my life but just the way it is

Pabinator
    Pabinator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 74

I dont often drink when i play, but when i do, its pretty damn fun. But sober i win, drunk i have only like a 20% chance of winning

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    I play great when high on weed or painkillers or even better, both.....Online or live, puts me in the zone

Also try a Xanax or klonopin with a beer or 2, different state of mind, but more relaxed.....Maybe don't take as many shots as you should though

Just a few beers alone helps me too, but once I start getting drunk my play becomes erratic......Could win a lot or lose a lot, definitely not afraid to bluff big, that's for sure

Never played on coke and haven't really done any other drugs.....Can't imagine the other shit out there would work well with poker though

Overall just a small amount of painkiller (Percocet or 1/2 a roxy) alone is probably the best.......Gives you the perfect balance of focus and motivation.....Just don't overdue anything or your play will go to shit

opiates pretty much best for all situations imho

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    opiates pretty much best for all situations imho
    Yeah pretty much, lol......I love the fukkin energy of opiates, way better than coke or adderal or redbull or anything like that

Like a very clean and strong motivation to do whatever it is youre doing

I actually don't like doing a lot at a time or the sleepy high you can get.......

But the uppity high is unbeatable IMO

Can see how these fukks are getting addicted left and right lol......But just like anything, moderation is the key

peacebyinches
    pull the trigger

uh huh.

but remember EVERY aspect of life should be taken in moderation.

most importantly of which.... is the concept of moderation
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: MoneyLineDawg

2daBank

Yeah pretty much, lol......I love the fukkin energy of opiates, way better than coke or adderal or redbull or anything like that

Like a very clean and strong motivation to do whatever it is youre doing

I actually don't like doing a lot at a time or the sleepy high you can get.......

But the uppity high is unbeatable IMO

Can see how these fukks are getting addicted left and right lol......But just like anything, moderation is the key

yep, ive always found it quite easy to enjoy myself without getting to drawn in (well in my later more mature years that is) ...dont knock addys tho, they like my morning coffee, actually take with morning coffee, not my thing to get high, as im old school speed freak they dont even really make me high per-say just get me up and moving every morning...far as zanny's i only take them to sleep (gotta shut the ol brain down) and never with alcohol as that a good way to not remember shit..

never been a coke guy, meth was my one and only but there really is no good meth anymore (that i have seen anyway), which is fine as im to old for those weeks of no sleep and shit....

peacebyinches
    pull the trigger

you sound like an interesting person 2daBank.

peacebyinches
    pull the trigger

i mean that in a non-sarcastic way btw. yeah

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    yep, ive always found it quite easy to enjoy myself without getting to drawn in (well in my later more mature years that is) ...dont knock addys tho, they like my morning coffee, actually take with morning coffee, not my thing to get high, as im old school speed freak they dont even really make me high per-say just get me up and moving every morning...far as zanny's i only take them to sleep (gotta shut the ol brain down) and never with alcohol as that a good way to not remember shit..

never been a coke guy, meth was my one and only but there really is no good meth anymore (that i have seen anyway), which is fine as im to old for those weeks of no sleep and shit....
    Yeah I don't even really get "high" when I take opiates, more just mellow buzzed, euphoria, and energy....I guess that's a high?

Not a coke guy either, but if I'm partying and someone breaks out a line then hell yeah.....Maybe a few times a year or something

Never tried meth and never will lol......Fukk that shit, faces of meth pretty much sealed that ticket for me a long time ago

Dont take any other drugs really.....Smoke weed here and there and drink/party one or 2 nights a week......

Have tried a lot of different things mainly from 17-22 but only thing I really love is opiates and alcohol (not together though)

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

I used to blow blunts daily. Now I have moved on to coke, and could not be happier wth the decision.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by peacebyinches View Post
    you sound like an interesting person 2daBank.
    im prob at the least a somewhat unusual individual (ha ha)... it has been somewhat of a adventure my friend...to much to get into as these days since being jammed up back in the day im a normal ass working stiff (normal may not be right word, normal as i have a reg job and pay taxes and shit) that should prob start considering trying to get a little sleep b4 work (damn insomnia)..

if some of these things we talkin interest you im sure if you have the willingness/wherewithal you can find lots of interesting stuff i used to post around this joint in mid -late 09 maybe early 2010...

Balco10
    Balco10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

I never gamble sober...not the same rush

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

I play poker while listening to music, that is focus

2daBank

Yeah I don't even really get "high" when I take opiates, more just mellow buzzed, euphoria, and energy....I guess that's a high?

Not a coke guy either, but if I'm partying and someone breaks out a line then hell yeah.....Maybe a few times a year or something

Never tried meth and never will lol......Fukk that shit, faces of meth pretty much sealed that ticket for me a long time ago

Dont take any other drugs really.....Smoke weed here and there and drink/party one or 2 nights a week......

Have tried a lot of different things mainly from 17-22 but only thing I really love is opiates and alcohol (not together though)
    you dont gotta lie to kick it bro...i like opiates because of the high, lol....

im talking addys when i say they dont really make me high,just awake and alert, ready to go, pretty much like old school, pre horror story meth w/o the crazy legs (up for weeks type shit) and less of the high, still a Amphetamine which they probably should have gave me in school...

peacebyinches
    pull the trigger

addys:

my most amazing strength; my most dreary of times.

where does the middle lay?