wal66
    wal66's Avatar Become A Pro!

SBR Poker: Cached Points

I saw this mentioned in TTWarrior’s suggestion thread and thought it deserved a thread of its own to better shine the light on the situation.>>
    >>
    I can speak from experience and can assume others have the find themselves in the same situation with numerous rollovers cached in the poker account. The larger rollovers are hardly a problem but as for those many 20 and 30 rollovers it’s extremely difficult to do much with them once your Player Rating gets higher so they just sit there.>>
    >>
    From a business standpoint I imagine this is a good thing for SBR because the inability to build points lessens the opportunity to utilize points.>>
    >>
    It was suggested the software be changed to allow players to combine those cached points. As stated if you have a player rating over 1450 (?) you can’t play in anything less than $1-$2 which has a minimum buy-in of $50 which makes anything less useless.>>
    >>
    I would like to add an additional suggestion of being allowed to transfer those cache points. In case I am not the only member who doesn’t really care about the points it would be nice to donate them to others who covet them so dearly.>>

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

I thought it was just the sanctuary that was restricted? You can't buy into any .25/.5 if you are 1450 or above?

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2260

Wally spits wisdom and common sense!

making him like an alien speaking an alien language to sbr staff

ZetaPsi808
    July 2011 Poster of the Month
    ZetaPsi808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1982

Wally call me

wal66

Yis'r, I tried to sit in on a $1-$2 game to kill time till something bigger opened and I couldn't. My rating is 1454 and the message box said 1450 or less only.

wal66

Ha, I forgot if you copy and paste from a Word document you get <<>> crap.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wal,

Your bonus points have nothing to do with your player ranking. The sanctuary tables are the only tables restricted by player ranking. Every other table is fair game if you can buy in, through real or bonus points.

There's really no need to play at sanctuary though: the regular tables are much more active. Sanctuary was a way to keep poker novices from playing against super sharks if they wish to learn the game.

wal66

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Lou View Post
    Wal,

Your bonus points have nothing to do with your player ranking. The sanctuary tables are the only tables restricted by player ranking. Every other table is fair game if you can buy in, through real or bonus points.

There's really no need to play at sanctuary though: the regular tables are much more active. Sanctuary was a way to keep poker novices from playing against super sharks if they wish to learn the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by wal66 View Post
    Yis'r, I tried to sit in on a $1-$2 game to kill time till something bigger opened and I couldn't. My rating is 1454 and the message box said 1450 or less only.
    I understand what you are saying Lou but I also know what message I got when I tried to play. It would appear me and SBR Poker are incompatible considering my PM to you ealier.

SBR Lou

I understand what you are saying Lou but I also know what message I got when I tried to play. It would appear me and SBR Poker are incompatible considering my PM to you ealier.
    You signed up for two tournaments. You showed up 17 and 18 minutes late, after you already had been ejected; then attempted to play in another tournament, exceeding your daily one per day limit.

SBR Poker boots tourney no shows from Mon-Fri after 15 minutes.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

wally you play poker on cpt?

wal66

Lou, I have to answer this quick since I'll probably being infracted or banned for telling SBR Poker to fok off.

Lou, I KNOW I WAS TIMED OUT BECAUSE THE FOK'n PROGRAM WOULD NOT ALLOW ME TO TAKE MY SEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lou, I am yelling because I have explained things repeatedly and it seems that there is a serious communication malfunction going on. It appears that plain english doesn't translate very well. How else can I say that I signed up, I showed up, I was NOT taken to my table, I could see the tournament chip counts in the lobby, I could see my place changing from the lobby, I could see myself being ejected for failure to take my seat.

You would think I was trying to be re-embersed or something. As I stated in my PM and repeated in conversations with SBR Poker in PM's, I neither want re-embersement nor credit for the tournaments, I am merely bringing a problem to the attention of those responcible for caring about poker related problems.

Fok it, Lou, there are no problems, glitches or anything else with the poker program. It is the BEST poker program ever created.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Lou is sharp

SBR Lou

Wal,

If you were present and not seated, all you'd have to do is restart the lobby. That means there's a connection issue on your end.

wal66

Ok, Lou.

I was under the impression though that if the lobby is actively updating changing chip stats I was connected. For the record though the first time it happened I actually logged off SBR Poker completely and back in and still wasn't seated.

For the record my player ranking has gone down to 1448 so now I can unload these small cached rollover points at the $1-$2 tables so FREE POINTS BOYS!!!!!!!!!

wal66

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    wally you play poker on cpt?

Only here Arch. I used to play Poker Stars all the time till our government fok'd up a good thing. Arch, you might say I had a wee bit of online poker addiction. It was so bad at one point I would have the laptop sitting in the passenger seat and the mouse on the center console and be doing 80 on the interstate.

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25117

Did we ever answer question of why rollovers couldnt be combined
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: GUMMO77

wal66

Quote Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
    +1

Get us back on point Down'r

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

wally you don't know what c people time means, iguess.

but i see now you already explained why you were late to the table

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

wally bubbles!

j37hr0
    Small Time Square
    j37hr0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 122

. It was so bad at one point I would have the laptop sitting in the passenger seat and the mouse on the center console and be doing 80 on the interstate.
    This was me during a woot off.

Hurls
    Hurls's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 663

I would have to say Wal has valid point I dont ever get that many rolls but why not let them do it, A lot of the time I cant even play at sanctuary cause of rating and I am by no means a shark I am the fish so there is something wrong with that system. If Wal is upset than something really bad happened cause he is one of the nicest guys here and alwasy nice so I am suprised to see him pissed so I would say something is off. Wal is a good guy.

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25117

Quote Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
    What is no Alex...