The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Just played some world-class poker, culminating in a poker tournament victory..

This was one for the ages, folks.

We got down to about eight players, and I was in the zone. Obviously none of you have felt this before, there are only a few athletes that can understand this kind of dominant feeling. Michael Jordan, Babe Ruth, Muhammad Ali, Wayne Gretzky come to mind.

I'm right up there in the Mount Rushmore of world-class athletes. Please respect that.

As I was saying, we got down to eight players, and I announced at the table everyone was playing for second place. I was not going to be denied, not on this day. I was seeing everything so crystal clearly. My reads were so focused, my opponents might as well have been holding their two cards up.

We got down to three players, and my chip lead had dwindled down a bit, as I was giving my opponents some false hope. At that time I decided it was time to pull off a maneuver that would have people talking about this tournament for years to come.

I was on the button with kings. The previous two times on the button I limped in with garbage, and each time Emily Haines, who was the big blind, re-raised me and I folded. I thought I would try again. I limped in with the Cowboys, the small blind called, and Emily, the one always whining about his misfortunes of playing on a rigged system decides to move all in. Just what I had hoped for. My trap had been set in such a beautiful fashion it brought a small tear to my eye.

I snap called.

Emily flipped over KQ, and was essentially drawing dead.

Goodbye Emily. See you next time.

After that, it was just a formality. My championship was on the precipice and I was not going to be denied.

About two hands into the heads up, my opponent waved the white flag. He tipped his cap to me, left his chips on the table, and declared it over. He shook my hand, announcing I was too good for him, and walked away.

What a lovely way to spend a Tuesday afternoon.

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15307

rigged

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Playing poker does not make you an athlete.

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Rotten tomatoes just gave this tale a 14%. In other news middle school kids around the world are raving about it.

4uk4life
    4uk4life's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1820

You rivered an A to stay alive then became a card rack
    Points Awarded:

stikymess gave 4uk4life 250 SBR Point(s) for this post.

stikymess gave 4uk4life 300 SBR Point(s) for this post.

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by 4uk4life View Post
    You rivered an A to stay alive then became a card rack
    Let's not talk about inconsequential events.

Just answer the fine people at SBR this simple question:

Much like Babe Ruth's called shot in the World Series, of 1932, did I or did I not go out on a limb and predict victory for myself?

Answer the question truthfully, 4UK. You were at this final table, until I decided it was time for you to go. I hope you're not holding a grudge for my masterful call which eliminated you. Please don't be that way.

John Morrison
    fly eagles fly
    John Morrison's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

so what the f did u win 400 betpoints?

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by John Morrison View Post
    so what the f did u win 400 betpoints?
    Not just 400 points, John Morrison, but the ultimate respect from everyone at the table.

You really cannot put a price on that.

And let's not forget Jonelyn. I will get the opportunity to hear my name flowing from her sweet, delicious lips.

How much is that worth? A lot, John Morrison. A lot.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Congrats, Giant, on the victory. But this type of "winning" post reminds me of another SBR guy. What was his name...........

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.

stefan084
    stefan084's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

.....I'll never forget the time I read this post. I can remember it vividly. I sat down at the computer and decided to open up the poker section of SBR and read "The Legend of the Giant and the Two Kings". My favorite passage was "and when he saw Emily shove all in the giant wept, for there were no more worlds to be conquered"

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by GUMMO77 View Post
    Seaweed was unable to finish off his opponent.

His thread is embarrassing.

I miss Seaweed. Last I heard he was forced to move into a hostel.

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Quote Originally Posted by GUMMO77 View Post

Ru ohh...multiple 2 pt transfers from seaweed to the giant. Gummoed!
    Points Awarded:

The Giant gave tatddy 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by stefan084 View Post
    .....I'll never forget the time I read this post. I can remember it vividly. I sat down at the computer and decided to open up the poker section of SBR and read "The Legend of the Giant and the Two Kings". My favorite passage was "and when he saw Emily shove all in the giant wept, for there were no more worlds to be conquered"
    Thank you, Stefan084. I'm glad I was able to make a memory that we will cherish for the rest of our lives.

What do you say we reconvene on this thread, this time next year, and talk about this momentous occasion again?

This will bond us forever, Stefan084.

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25123

Well done sir, athletic performances like this do not happen all the time. Shame I missed it. Will you autograph my stomach, and maybe a little lower.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BiTeMe UsAdOj

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.

Quote Originally Posted by tatddy View Post
    Ru ohh...multiple 2 pt transfers from seaweed to the giant. Gummoed!

Weeeeeeee

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
    Well done sir, athletic performances like this do not happen all the time. Shame I missed it. Will you autograph my stomach, and maybe a little lower.
    In spite of you not being there, downsouth, you were definitely there in spirit. I couldn't help but think about you, knowing how proud you would be of me.

Allow me to grab my magic marker.

Whoa! I didn't realize you wanted me to mark you....there. Oh, what the hell..

THE GIANT

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    In spite of you not being there, downsouth, you were definitely there in spirit. I couldn't help but think about you, knowing how proud you would be of me.

THE GIANT
    Nice girth.

4uk4life

Let's not talk about inconsequential events.

Just answer the fine people at SBR this simple question:

Much like Babe Ruth's called shot in the World Series, of 1932, did I or did I not go out on a limb and predict victory for myself?

Answer the question truthfully, 4UK. You were at this final table, until I decided it was time for you to go. I hope you're not holding a grudge for my masterful call which eliminated you. Please don't be that way.
    If I recall you predicted victory with 4 others left and you had 3x the next biggest stack? Don't get those psychic license just yet brother.

And let's not give the credit to the wrong person here, I proudly acted like a donkey when I pushed with Q10. At least let me have that. We 50/50 decided it was time for me to go.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47513

good job, Phil..amusing tale

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25123

THE GIANT
    Ill never wash it again.

Koldazzice
    Koldazzice's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4257

Sign my SBR mouse pad bro

Jeffie
    Jeffie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1163

No one posted Cool story bro yet? im surprised...
    I went card dead at the final table you lucky bastard.

eberetta1
    Win some cha-ching
    eberetta1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12575

p.s. Most champions prefer to play the weekend games. More admirers to watch their conquests.

4uk4life

Where's the 2-4 table crowd at tonight? Everyone go broke or something?

The Giant

I was at the 2-4 table, and nobody showed up.

I'm now slumming it in 1-2, where TT is crying and listening to 80s music. I offered to hold him, and now he is questioning my sexuality.

John Morrison
    fly eagles fly
    John Morrison's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

Not just 400 points, John Morrison, but the ultimate respect from everyone at the table.

You really cannot put a price on that.

And let's not forget Jonelyn. I will get the opportunity to hear my name flowing from her sweet, delicious lips.

How much is that worth? A lot, John Morrison. A lot.

well in that case , good job sir , keep it up

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

I normally am lousy at ring games, but today I felt the spirit of The Giant within me. I took no prisoners and called all in bluff after all in bluff.

I pocketed 273 puntos, playing at the .5/1 Savannah table.

Al Masters
    Al Masters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11516

This was one for the ages, folks.

We got down to about eight players, and I was in the zone. Obviously none of you have felt this before, there are only a few athletes that can understand this kind of dominant feeling. Michael Jordan, Babe Ruth, Muhammad Ali, Wayne Gretzky come to mind.

I'm right up there in the Mount Rushmore of world-class athletes. Please respect that.

As I was saying, we got down to eight players, and I announced at the table everyone was playing for second place. I was not going to be denied, not on this day. I was seeing everything so crystal clearly. My reads were so focused, my opponents might as well have been holding their two cards up.

We got down to three players, and my chip lead had dwindled down a bit, as I was giving my opponents some false hope. At that time I decided it was time to pull off a maneuver that would have people talking about this tournament for years to come.

I was on the button with kings. The previous two times on the button I limped in with garbage, and each time Emily Haines, who was the big blind, re-raised me and I folded. I thought I would try again. I limped in with the Cowboys, the small blind called, and Emily, the one always whining about his misfortunes of playing on a rigged system decides to move all in. Just what I had hoped for. My trap had been set in such a beautiful fashion it brought a small tear to my eye.

I snap called.

Emily flipped over KQ, and was essentially drawing dead.

Goodbye Emily. See you next time.

After that, it was just a formality. My championship was on the precipice and I was not going to be denied.

About two hands into the heads up, my opponent waved the white flag. He tipped his cap to me, left his chips on the table, and declared it over. He shook my hand, announcing I was too good for him, and walked away.

What a lovely way to spend a Tuesday afternoon.

Only a select few can be humble through success....you definitly fall into the majority.

You sound like so many players,i would bet in a live game,when you take down a big hand you start to chirp
    like a bird,but remain silent till that time.

Congrats on your super Tuesday and super ego.

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Al Masters View Post
    Only a select few can be humble through success....you definitly fall into the majority.

You sound like so many players,i would bet in a live game,when you take down a big hand you start to chirp
    like a bird,but remain silent till that time.

Congrats on your super Tuesday and super ego.
    Congrats on your lack of sense of humor.

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity
    BiTeMe UsAdOj's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    but today I felt the spirit of The Giant within me.
    Ya might wanna re-phrase, counselor... as this has a whole different meaning then you intended in Giant's neck o' the woods.