Hurls
    Hurls's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 663

ONE Under are you serious??????????

you play this whole ******* time fold fold fold bullshit then go all in every time you have a hand so finally I call you have 99 i have JJ you have nothing but a tear in your eye then catch a 9 on river, dont even stay for one more hand take your 25 ******* pts and go by some heart you coward

BeerDog99
    BeerDog99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

There have been numerous threads about this subject and there are a number of known regular posters that do this.

It is very bad poker etiquette and (IMHO) shows how good/bad the player is but it is not "illegal".

That said, recognize who these players are and go from there. Know their range and what they do and you will generally do ok.

My advice is to chill and just try to enjoy the interaction and camaraderie with the significant amount of good people on this site.

Otherwise, you are giving yourself too much stress over very little value. Cheers.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BiTeMe UsAdOj, and DrFunk21

Hurls

Quote Originally Posted by BeerDog99 View Post
    There have been numerous threads about this subject and there are a number of known regular posters that do this.

It is very bad poker etiquette and (IMHO) shows how good/bad the player is but it is not "illegal".

That said, recognize who these players are and go from there. Know their range and what they do and you will generally do ok.

My advice is to chill and just try to enjoy the interaction and camaraderie with the significant amount of good people on this site.

Otherwise, you are giving yourself too much stress over very little value. Cheers.
    thanks you for advice BD

Hurls

wrigley u can join that list u tool

DJ Dalamar
    DJ Dalamar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3396

When I hit my rollover I'm done and leave. And gambling in general I try and leave when I'm up this is one form of "etiquette" I've never agreed with. You always assume you would beat the guy leaving but what if he would have ended up taking more of your money?

I'm sure I have left money on the table plenty of times by leaving a soft table or while I was hot. Greed is usually the downfall of most gamblers.

Hurls

then play live and get your face kicked in

DJ Dalamar
    DJ Dalamar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3396

I play live all the time. No ones kicking in my face trust me.

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity
    BiTeMe UsAdOj's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Dalamar View Post
    I play live all the time. No ones kicking in my face trust me.
    Hurls might... keep a close eye on him, pal.

stefan084
    stefan084's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

add boondoggle to the p*ssy list

Hurls

just watched chimneysweep get the luckiest catch for on a big pot all in. The whole time we were all having conversation game was fun, he does that then writes gotta go and bounces. Chimneysweep coward list, DavidShrebe robot that doesnt talk list

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15307

Quote Originally Posted by Hurls View Post
    just watched chimneysweep get the luckiest catch for on a big pot all in. The whole time we were all having conversation game was fun, he does that then writes gotta go and bounces. Chimneysweep coward list, DavidShrebe robot that doesnt talk list
    I seen Shrebe talk

Chimneyfish
    Chimneyfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1283

Luckiest catch? I had an ace-high, four cards to a flush draw after the flop with only one other person in the hand. The odds of seeing a fifth spade on either the turn or river are much higher than you seem to realize, and they were also higher than the pot odds for me to call (I didn't go all in.)

Just because you can't do the simple math doesn't mean that somebody who correctly plays the percentages and wins is a suck out.

Hurls

Quote Originally Posted by Chimneyfish View Post
    Luckiest catch? I had an ace-high, four cards to a flush draw after the flop with only one other person in the hand. The odds of seeing a fifth spade on either the turn or river are much higher than you seem to realize, and they were also higher than the pot odds for me to call (I didn't go all in.)

Just because you can't do the simple math doesn't mean that somebody who correctly plays the percentages and wins is a suck out.
    ok but u beleive that its cool to just bounce? play two hands and fold but dont immediatley leave its dumb, did you need a pizza or something just say it.

Chimneyfish
    Chimneyfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1283

If you're the poker etiquette police now, why aren't you concerned about the multiple people who said "Rigged!!" in the chat after I won a pot that I had a good probability of winning? I love that a site notorious for people constantly crying "Cheater!" after they lose a hand is now lecturing me on the proper way to behave at a poker table. There's five minutes of fat jokes every time ttwarrior sits at a table, yet somehow I'm the asshole for not playing two more hands.

Second of all, this "rule" that you can't leave when you're up is stupid. When am I allowed to leave, then? Only after I've lost again? I play to rollover winnings, and it doesn't make a difference to me if I win a big pot quickly or multiple small pots over a longer perioid of time. I don't have a duty to play a certain number of hands in order to not hurt anyone's feelings. And for the record, I did play the next hand and fold.

As someone smarter than me has said:

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Dalamar View Post
    When I hit my rollover I'm done and leave. And gambling in general I try and leave when I'm up this is one form of "etiquette" I've never agreed with. You always assume you would beat the guy leaving but what if he would have ended up taking more of your money?

I'm sure I have left money on the table plenty of times by leaving a soft table or while I was hot. Greed is usually the downfall of most gamblers.
    Last edited by Chimneyfish; 06-23-12 at 03:53 PM.

Hurls

no one is saying you have to do anything and i am no police of any kind i just think u would say it sucks also if you didnt get the catch and he left he wouldnt of we were all talking chatting then you win big pot and bounce ok fine your decision but if you somewhat didnt think its a little bit shitty to do that u wouldnt even respond. For all i know you had an emergency didnt mean to get you all worked up i apologize.