Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15307

Still having problems trying to fix this leak

When I get down to <60 BB's in a cash game it is almost impossible for me not to bet any kind of draw I flop especially when I am the preflop raiser.

Last night I had about 100 left and raised 10 with AJo. Two players call and flop comes QT8. I flop double gutted str8 draw. Both players check to me. First mistake was continuation betting this flop since it is likely that one of this players has at least something. But anyways I bet 20 and the UTG guy check raises me all in. Since it was 4AM and I was tired I just decide fuk it all gamble and if I lose I'll just go home. I missed my draw and went home.

I think better way to play would have been to check back and call the turn bet. That way if I missed would have still had 65-70 left. The other thing is even when you hit your hand you can still double up when short, as a lot of times these bad players just have to see especially when it is not that much.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

If you struggle when you're short, why don't you reload?

Justin_sane
    not insane
    Justin_sane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3069

fold pre

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47501

what stakes were you playing? If it was 1-2 nl or lower you way overvalue AJ...2-4nl that's a fine raise...betting flop you might take it down there and you still have outs if raised, I like the bet

Halstad
    Update your status
    Halstad's Avatar Become A Pro!

Missing draws is not a leak.

FuzzyDunlop
    Poster of the Month October 2015
    FuzzyDunlop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

Horrible flop texture to c-bet there, take the free card. If you have something like 97 in position and the flop is 682 and two people check to you, your c-bet is one, more likely to take the pot on a semi bluff but more importantly two, you will likely you see the river for the same small bet. Anything that not an ace on the turn should come check, check.