Weems2k
    Fat!!!
    Weems2k's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8812

Are Pocket Ace's always automtic call/raise?

Talking more during the Pre-Flop, and Flop. Say you decide to just call the blind, or raise a bit. Someone else re-raises, or goes all in. Holding pocket A's, would there be any reason to fold? I can see during the flop that somebody could get 3 of a kind, or flush; but before the flop, has anyone ever folded pocket A's. I call prolly say that playing SBR poker, I've actually gotten burned more than won a pot by going all-in with pocket A's.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Never slow play them and as for the auto call/raise it depends...do you feel confident in your ability to beat someone on the next betting rounds if you don't hit the flop and also I don't like to call all in preflop with multiple players in...too many other hands possible to beat you then especially since at least one of your other A's is already gone to another.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21629

Only way you possibly FOLD AA preflop is if there's a cutoff situation that's critical, and even then, it'd be awfully tough. For example, if it's a satellite tourney where the top 10 move on and there are 11 left and calling would be for all your chips, then you might fold. But in almost every situation, it's pretty unthinkable to fold AA. Can't be behind preflop and you are likely in a dominant position. As for how much to raise and so forth there are so many factors.

playersonly69
    playersonly69's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 142

I have folded aces preflop three times in my life and all of these were in Big Mega satellite qualifiers where we were close to the money.

In each case I was guaranteed the seat if I just didnt play a hand. The ONLY way that I could not win the seat was to actually play a hand and lose.

There are plenty of tournament pros who will tell you the same story that has happened to them and they would fold EVERY time as well in that situation
    Points Awarded:

ArunSh gave playersonly69 670 SBR Point(s) for this post.

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT
    a4u2fear's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 35459

Yup, bubble only

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Bubble in a satellite only. I knew a guy who folded them in a 2 5 game with 150 in chips with 3 all ins in front of him lol