Hurls
    Hurls's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 663

SBR tourneys getting worse?

Not to mention the fact that everyone is paying 11pts to get in and still have to rollover which is wrong, but if you look at hand history the hands are so disproportionate giving some or most zero chance unless they auto muck. I understand that there is some skill involved but when people get pocket anythings or ak, aq, etc. 85% of the time no one else really stands a chance. The argument will always be that some people get hot a lot well what about everyone else? No conspiricy theory it just blows balls that going all in with 4 7 off suit against pocket Aces your chances of winning with the 4 7 are better. BOL all

Jimmy Proffett
    Jimmy Proffett's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 954

Ever since I cashed in a bunch of my points for some gift cards it's just ridiculous the beats I've been taking. I think I've played my last hands on here. I'll miss the table conversations most of all.

Hurls

i have been getting some bad beats but i am not sure if you are messing with me cause you have almost 20,000 pts and are a really good poker player so I cant tell. anyhow bol

Jimmy Proffett

Quote Originally Posted by Hurls View Post
    i have been getting some bad beats but i am not sure if you are messing with me cause you have almost 20,000 pts and are a really good poker player so I cant tell. anyhow bol
    I'm not messing with you. This is how I truly feel about poker on here. I've been playing a long time and have had my share of run-hot and run-cold on various sites and live. What's been happening to me on here lately.... I mean it's not even fun. I can't remember the last time I won a sizable pot not bluffing. I have nothing every single time. And when I have something big, someone has me outpipped. Every. Single. Time.

I'm keeping my pts over 19,856 from now on. That's exactly 17 gift cards. Now I know what's gonna happen: I'm gonna pick up the 60 pts here during the week, it's gonna get to be Saturday, and I'm gonna want to play some poker on here. Because I'm stupid and weak. And I'll lose those points in about 4 hands because someone will hit their trips on the river. And I'll be pissed off all over again. But for this week... happy thoughts..... just happy thoughts.

ballahollic2
    Update your status
    ballahollic2's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10716

i stopped also before the start of the new contest they started.

Hurls

Proffet- I will be rooting for you luck to change

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

I can't win at poker. been going on for over a month.

Hurls

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    I can't win at poker. been going on for over a month.
    i am at about a month myself, not a great player but u would figure there would be a game where u could get some luck, i am getting pure ******* shit right now such ******* bullshit

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Online poker is really mostly luck anyway. This is the longest stretch of bad luck I've had.

senseionline
    senseionline's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1970

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    Online poker is really mostly luck anyway. This is the longest stretch of bad luck I've had.

lots degens on this site probably never play real money tourney in order to win tourney u need luck ....to win ring game u need skill .

Hurls

check out bcats hands ******* out of this world unreal there is no way that he is not some how connected to this site that is a fact, who he ***** i dont know but balls deep in someones ass

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

WTF are you talking about

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere

check out bcats hands ******* out of this world unreal there is no way that he is not some how connected to this site that is a fact, who he ***** i dont know but balls deep in someones ass
    Someones ass hurts. It's a rollover.

stefan084
    stefan084's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

i noticed that I get a string of big hands one tourn and the next tourn I'm basically blinded out getting nothing above 10 high--then it's hard to attempt a bluff when most on here will call you down w/ 10-4 offsuit

Hurls

Quote Originally Posted by Bcatswin View Post
    Someones ass hurts. It's a rollover.
    ok then take your rollover and shove it up ur ass, you had pocket 9s or higher 15 hands in a row, so STFU with you bull shit

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere

ok then take your rollover and shove it up ur ass, you had pocket 9s or higher 15 hands in a row, so STFU with you bull shit
    That's my fuking fault that i was catching hands? Get a clue...

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT
    a4u2fear's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 35459

Who gets pocket kings 85% of the time? Hellmuth?

Jeffie
    Jeffie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1163

Here's what ive noticed, everytime i lose a hand way ahead no matter what happens for the rest of the tourney its gonna keep happening.

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffie View Post
    Here's what ive noticed, everytime i lose a hand way ahead no matter what happens for the rest of the tourney its gonna keep happening.
    Agreed

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9776

sbr poker is not like any tourney u would play on any site, on final table, if u raise and someone pushes, your pretty much committed to call unless your the chip leader

dumbmoney
    dumbmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 292

All of these conspiracy theories are kind of funny to me. It's just poker. Yes sometimes you are going to get outdrawn, and those are the times you will remember. If you can't deal with this then find another hobby. Happens more on this site because people play much more reckless with points and just trying to get rollovers, and you see way more hands then when you play live. I had a string of really bad beats last week in the tourneys and didn't even make a final table all week. I've also been on the other side of it as well. Over time it will even out.

And complaining about the rollover is pretty pointless too. I mean the avg tourney has about 40 people in it. And the top 20 spots get paid out. It has a 2500 point prize pool on buy ins of about 400. That's over a 5x the amount added. If you can't make points at that in the long run, then you just probably are not a good poker player.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 5 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BeerDog99, JAKEPEAVY21, The Giant, hhsilver, and zwoeins

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Quote Originally Posted by ballahollic2 View Post
    i stopped also before the start of the new contest they started.

Why, bud? It's free money if you do well in final tournament?
    Points Awarded:

Hurls gave GUMMO77 20 SBR Point(s) for this post.

jeffdane
    jeffdane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

i am glad that i suck, this means sbr gives me better cards, just wish i knew what to do with them

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 396

I don't bet money, so its all I have in the gambling world.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

I won 3 tournaments earlier this year and won 1 late last year. After February the closest I've been is 1 top-ten finish. I'm keeping track of my all-in hands in a separate thread to show how many I've lost and how many I've won.

Hurls

Quote Originally Posted by dumbmoney View Post
    All of these conspiracy theories are kind of funny to me. It's just poker. Yes sometimes you are going to get outdrawn, and those are the times you will remember. If you can't deal with this then find another hobby. Happens more on this site because people play much more reckless with points and just trying to get rollovers, and you see way more hands then when you play live. I had a string of really bad beats last week in the tourneys and didn't even make a final table all week. I've also been on the other side of it as well. Over time it will even out.

And complaining about the rollover is pretty pointless too. I mean the avg tourney has about 40 people in it. And the top 20 spots get paid out. It has a 2500 point prize pool on buy ins of about 400. That's over a 5x the amount added. If you can't make points at that in the long run, then you just probably are not a good poker player.
    thats cool i hear u shit happens but it happens to some more than others and thats what blows, just sayin. BOL

Jimmy Proffett

Look.... here's the thing.....

I had 26k on here at one time in points. I built those chips up by winning at poker in the poker room. And I ran hotter than the sun to do it. Ask any of the regulars. And I've enjoyed those spoils. Lots of free pizza, some amazon swag, a nice SBR collared shirt, etc......

But if you think I'm gonna throw away the rest of my chips getting aces cracked and getting cold-decked every other hand ever since I started cashing in, y'all must be crazy. And don't give me any bullshit variance speeches either. I know when the deck's stacked against me.

I'm already ahead. The rest is just gravy.