scottyy11
    scottyy11's Avatar Become A Pro!

If online poker becomes illegal in the US which poker room will be hurt the most?

my vote is for Full Tilt

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I would think it would be Bodog. I always see there commercials on tv every time i turn the damn channel.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Paradise, Party and PokerStars

dcheng
    dcheng's Avatar Become A Pro!

party

dirtyjock
    dirtyjock's Avatar Become A Pro!

im guessing fult tilt i think they depend on the US players. Arent they owned by howard liderer( sorry for the typo but i dont fell like looking up how to spell it) mike matusow,phil ivey. I read somewhere that its a group of like 8 players who put the money together and started the site. Now i could be wrong but i think its true. If so wouldnt it be illegal for them to be in the US? I dont think pokerstars we be hit the hardest. Hit hard yes but they have alot of euro people and aussie people now. I dont like partypoker so o well to them. I think pokerstars it the role model of pokersites online. I just wish they could make the cards that dont have action flops everytime. I truely think it is a business thing. How many times do u see some1 flop a str draw and some1 will have a flush draw on flop. turn will blank but will bet and call then the river will hit that guys str also being the suit the other player needs for the flush. I also notice they like to fav the chip leader on all ins. Not to whine or cry but 80% of the time when i get a huge hand on a sit and go when im down to about 500 chips Ill push all in with KK AA and ill be up against 10 J suited or KQ and they will bust me everytime. I had to laugh yesterday on pokerstars i had AA with around 700 chips i went all in. this is preflop he calls with AK flop comes 10 J Q have a nice day lol.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

It would only go to prove that a lot of these online superbots or supercolluders can't cut it in a live game.

Uncle Joe
    Uncle Joe's Avatar Become A Pro!

Very true. It has been 4 months since I played any online and so I have played more live games with friends and that is alot more fun. I am not even sure when I will play online again.

Bullajami
    Bullajami's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion
    Paradise, Party and PokerStars
    I tend to agree that it would be any of the sites that advertise their dot-net learner sites on the endless WSOP, WPT, Celebrity Poker Showdown shows. They seem to be constantly gill-netting for fresh schools of fish, and those are likely to dry up considerably if it becomes a crime in America to make a deposit at an online poker room.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

ALL of them will be crushed.
    Pstars has some real nice international mix, as do some of the other majors (like Party). I think Full Tilt will lose the most, since they are losing the most with all their advertising and 'long term' investing in advertising.
    I'd bet the USA puts up over 60%+ of all internet players. That's a LOT of money. That's a modest number, too, IMO.

rezster
    rezster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23023

Almost all of the online sites would be hurt. They would still be profitable with just Canadian and European players, but would not generate the same kind of revenue as they do now.
    Last edited by rezster; 09-21-06 at 08:52 AM.