GOIRISH
    GOIRISH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1128

showing cards

Why do people do it? Is there some strategy involved in showing cards after you won a hand. I dont know how many times on sbr poker tourney within the first 5 minutes some guy raises all in pre flop and when everyone folds shows his A,K off suited. Do you want a round of applause?

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5536

different reasons for different players, very wide spectrum.

stefan084
    stefan084's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

they want you to think they'll always have the goods so you'll fold when they don't

BigDaddy
    BigDaddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 729

i do it very rarely

but i do it for a reason.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Its practically like laying your 12' inch dikk out on the table, if you have one, and saying "Look @ me."

ROFLcopter
    ROFLcopter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1284

Some of you guys are clueless lol

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24854

I always show. I just do it because I figure people want to know what I had. Sometimes I have a good hand, sometimes I have sh!t.

I do it because I always wonder what other people have, and I think they wonder what I have, so I show em.

People like BigDaddy use showing to bully.

He shows when he bluffed, then I call his bluff next hand and the prick has pocket Ks.

I suk at poker.

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

Show the nuts so you can bluff later on.

Show a bluff so that they will call you down later on when you have the nuts.

This is common sense.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

You show bluffs so that the other player will widen their range, give yourself the tab;e image of a lag/loose player, or put the other player on tilt if he's teetering on the edge of it. Then you act accordingly to get paid off later. There aren't many times it's really necessary. Showing off too many bluffs, shoves, and great hands is a death wish against good players.

ROFLcopter
    ROFLcopter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1284

Showed a bluff one time, and got the same moron who thought he was hot shit to call me down with AJ high, no pairs, and took about 300 off him on a 1/2 table. That's why you show bluffs. He probably posts here. This was at the Borgata.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

I do it to piss people off. Poker is a mental game.

GOIRISH

i can understand in a real game of poker how showing could be a strategy, but not on sbr poker. a 7,2 is probably just as deadly as a,k. i dont think any hand is safe on sbr poker

mynameismud
    mynameismud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8427

imo, only show your cards in very rare situations. 99% never show unless you have too.

spankie
    Long Live Rodney!
    spankie's Avatar Become A Pro!

tons of reasons to show cards.

its poker.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9617

Alot want to show a bluff and mix it in with a few i had the best hand , so u don't know if they are bluffing or have a good hand.
    I do it because it makes people that say why are you showing mad. If you tell people you don't want to see there hand , they might start showing you more often now.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1710

How many times have you seen Ivey show his hand?

dumbmoney
    dumbmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 292

I do it sometimes, but not as much as I used to. It can effect your table image, but you have to incorporate that in how you play from then on for it to be successful. Sometimes it comes back to hurt you. There are times when I've shown a bluff so that I have an image of a loose player on the hopes of getting someone to call me down later when I have a good hand, and then being in a situation where I want to bluff it again, but now I'm worried about getting called down because I already showed a bluff. That's why I cut back on it a lot. Sometimes if I'm at a tight table where its hard to get called on a preflop raise, I'll raise with and show junk to make it more likely to get called when I have a hand.

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

i do it 90 percent of the time.. Don't care. I do it live too. People usually tell you not to do it because pros can read your tells from it blah blah blah, but in reality most people are too dumb to catch things like that. Its just habit for me to show now, i guess if you don't like it you can close your eyes. Also you shouldnt complain about people doing it, because if you are not part of the 99.9 percent of the people I just mention, you can actually gain something from it.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5536

i honestly almost never show unless its a live game and i bluffed a guy known to tilt. 99.9 percent of hands i dont voluntarily show

BeerDog99
    BeerDog99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    i honestly almost never show unless its a live game and i bluffed a guy known to tilt. 99.9 percent of hands i dont voluntarily show
    This.

With the rare exception that I sometimes show (online --- if I can uncheck the muck option in time) out of courtesy or respect to let a good guy know what I played.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

I love showing bluffs on SBR poker. Mostly during ring games, hardly ever during a tournament.

I never show live, or when playing online for money. I'm actually much more nitty.

GOIRISH

Quote Originally Posted by BeerDog99 View Post
    This.

With the rare exception that I sometimes show (online --- if I can uncheck the muck option in time) out of courtesy or respect to let a good guy know what I played.
    i do this as well, it just seems some people get out of hand with it on sbr poker.

LUCKYCHUCK
    LUCKYCHUCK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 29057

never show your cards. keep them wondering if you were bluffing or not.