dumbmoney
    dumbmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 292

I'm not sure I would make the call in that situation, but its really not that bad of a call. With the antes and him already having his big blind he isn't putting in even money he's actually only putting in 11.5 to win 13.8 more so even if it was "a coin flip" hes getting good odds. Plus a "coin flip" isn't really a coin flip anyway, because a hand like 1010 is about 56 or 57 % to win over a hand like AQ of AK off which is a very possible hand in your range. So while people call it a flip its really not, and that plus getting 1.2/1 on the call may make it worth it. And finally the best he could hope for is not to be in a flip. He can hope you pushed with a hand like a mid pair, people do it all the time in the tourney especially when the blinds are getting big. In fact often people will push pre flop with the mid pair and play the monsters a little bit slower to try and make some money with them. So if you have a hand like pockets 6s-9s (a very real possibility) hes got you as dominated as you do him if you have pocket js-as.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Im glad he got slammed over this ridiculous thread, ive seen 100 times worse calls or plays on there and havent said a peep about them. Open shoving kk there is an awful play anyways, much better off making it 2000 n hoping someone catches a piece n u can suck them in. Only a premium will call u preflop n 1010 is gona come over the top of ur opener neways. Only one piece of garbage player in that hand.

nomeansno
    nomeansno's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 407

WOW

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    go to the poker forum, someone lost with 4 aces...
    Yea, that was me.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

I honestly thought this was a joke thread.

I agree with Icancount2one and blankoblanco; they seem to have laid out why you shouldn't fold 10's in that spot.

Weems2k
    Fat!!!
    Weems2k's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8812

If the River showed a King, would you still be on here bitching? Really, this is poker, and gambling. Pts or $$$ Sometimes you just take your shot. I've gone all in with AA, and was called with 55. Sure enough, another 5 pops up on the River. Shit happens, plain and simple.

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Weems2k View Post
    If the River showed a King, would you still be on here bitching? Really, this is poker, and gambling. Pts or $$$ Sometimes you just take your shot. I've gone all in with AA, and was called with 55. Sure enough, another 5 pops up on the River. Shit happens, plain and simple.
    Seriously, only a bitch like RyanLeaf who naturally is a loser and a fade material, bitches about some bullshit like this. Thank god you don't play live, or else I would have broke your head open if you tried to bitch about it.

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 51625

How many other people after reading this thought it was some kind of joke or level? That was my initial impression - I didn't think anyone could be foolish enough to think that calling with TT there could possibly be the wrong play....

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25117

Really isnt that horrible. Your range of hands in a five handed game opens substantially when blinds are crawling high quickly. Honestly, your shove from that position can honestly be a variety of hands. Id push there trying to accumulate with a wide variety of hands.

His call (or fold) really cannot be considered that bad either way.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: GUMMO77

msutter
    msutter's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 368

Lol

Enkhbat
    Enkhbat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26359

nobody fold TT on SBR Poker, get over it

icancount2one
    Let's go NickFolian Dynamite!
    icancount2one's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 571

Quote Originally Posted by blankoblanco View Post
    what ryan sees: 12,000 chips! wow that is a large number of chips to risk!!!!!
    reality: 15 BIG BLINDS, 5 handed, he has a top 5 starting hand in poker, you clueless crybaby numbskull

true, you are probably such a terrible nit that you only shove premiums to take blinds and he made an incorrect call, but it's no guarantee he knows that. either way, doesn't make this "unreal" or "unbelievable" or god knows what, especially since you're playing for ****ing points and not everyone values their free time the exact same as you do so might want to gamble more for points. it's 5 handed and you both got big hands in a points tournament with a fast structure. get over it

also stop saying what other good players would or should do because you have literally no clue what you're talking about

I just laughed my ass off reading this post. Here I was trying to be nice about it... Play one on me (I rarely have time to play these with work and school, I feel like signing up for one is like admitting I'm about to waste the next hour).

Jimmy Proffett
    Jimmy Proffett's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 954

RL of bets has a legitimate gripe imo. Of course he had the overpair any numbskull could see that. This is SBR POKER. Amateurs need not apply. Snap folding a premium pocket pair is obvious.

First 12