FuzzyDunlop
    Poster of the Month October 2015
    FuzzyDunlop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

Rumor Mill: Stars to buy FTP for $750M reaches agreement with DOJ to refund US funds

Multiple sources now, we might be getting our money back!!!!!

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

wow....the TRUE legit company coming to save the DAY!!!!!!!!!

blankoblanco
    blankoblanco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29922

this is killlling me, i want some guaranteed confirmation on this! probably just a cruel joke but would be life-changing if it goes through

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 51625

I haven't been keeping up - what happened with the Bernard Tapie group etc., seemed a few weeks ago that that was close to finalized? I was keeping up for awhile but was so much conflicting info that it was hard to tell what was going on...

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9752

I'll never play at stars, be way too many player if it ever gets legalized.

They could care less about paying anyone, they just want there foreign player list and usa list for the future

The fact that stars will have something to do with tilt now makes me not like both shady sites

username474
    username474's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

I really doubt PS would go through with this. It is not like FT is competition any more. They have nothing to actually gain from this besides somewhat nicer software. They would only be able to increase there player pool by 10% at most.
    Last edited by username474; 04-24-12 at 04:05 PM.

FuzzyDunlop

Quote Originally Posted by username474 View Post
    I really doubt PS would go through with this. It is not like FT is competition any more. They have nothing to actually gain from this besides somewhat nicer software. They would only be able to increase there player pool by 10% at most.

One of them is in much better shape to get a license when legal, the other isn't...so they are buying the shot to re-enter the U.S. Market with built in player market.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

??Both sites will remain seperate....and pokerstars is the most legit site on the internet...always has been...FACT

ClevelandNextYr
    ClevelandNextYr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2119

rMeant to quote post #6 by TTWarrior1
    Nothing about this post makes any sense. How can you say they dont care about paying anyone? They paid in weeks after DOJ shutdowns and prior to that were good about paying players. What about them buying Tilt name and assets makes them shady? FT was run by idiots who ran a ridiculously profitable company into the ground, Stars buying the name and paying players makes them shady? Ray Bitar will not be running new site if it relauches.
    Last edited by ClevelandNextYr; 04-24-12 at 09:12 PM.

ClevelandNextYr

xxx

BeerDog99
    BeerDog99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

Quote Originally Posted by ClevelandNextYr View Post
    rMeant to quote post #6 by TTWarrior1
    Nothing about this post makes any sense. How can you say they dont care about paying anyone? They paid in weeks after DOJ shutdowns and prior to that were good about paying players. What about them buying Tilt name and assets makes them shady? FT was run by idiots who ran a ridiculously profitable company into the ground, Stars buying the name and paying players makes them shady? Ray Bitar will not be running new site if it relauches.
    Try not to think too hard about his posts, there is not much sense.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9752

poker stars paying the tilt players that didn't get paid? Nobody sees anything wrong there? While we let lederer , ferguson continue to live on with their millions.

Why would stars want to associate themselves with tilt. It's not to pay us back.

eberetta1
    Win some cha-ching
    eberetta1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12515

Pokerstars showed balls paying back their players, imagine the goodwill if they corrected the FullTilt fiasco.

nomeansno
    nomeansno's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 407

This would be horrible for online poker, no more competition between the two biggest sites, so basically PS can do whatever they want.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Quote Originally Posted by nomeansno View Post
    This would be horrible for online poker, no more competition between the two biggest sites, so basically PS can do whatever they want.
    I'm not sure how it could be more horrible than it already is without eliminating it completely.

username474
    username474's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyDunlop View Post
    One of them is in much better shape to get a license when legal, the other isn't...so they are buying the shot to re-enter the U.S. Market with built in player market.
    PS will never be able to re-enter or get licenced in the U.S. market according to the DOJ, I imagine their stance could change though.

I hope everyone is aware that even if PS buys FT , PS is still not responsible to pay back U.S. players. U.S. players will still have to make a claim to their funds through the DOJ.

FuzzyDunlop

Wicked Chops independently confirms both the sale and the price.

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT
    a4u2fear's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 35459

Nice

ClevelandNextYr

This deal is the only chance for anyone to any of their FT money back. As for a monopoly, It wont be any more a monopoly than it is right now . Stars dominates everyone already and FT is never coming back unless Stars does this deal.

ClevelandNextYr

Quote Originally Posted by nomeansno View Post
    How much competition is FT for Stars right now?

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

glad you guys on tilt r going to get ur cash back. since americans cant play there they cant do some kind of rollover bs on you.

LVHerbie
    LVHerbie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1965

Probably wishful thinking but wish they would buyout/bail out UB as well...

And hopefully this doesn't take seven months to come to conclusion like the previous full tilt buyer...

nomeansno
    nomeansno's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 407

Quote Originally Posted by ClevelandNextYr View Post
    How much competition is FT for Stars right now?
    Obv none right now, what I'm saying is a third party shouldve bought them, not stars.