SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Looks like nobody pointed the OP in the direction of the SBR Poker Championship 2012 thread.

Feast your eyes on these payouts and reassess sir:

Sat. Sept 15th at 5PM ET, Championship Prize-pool
    1st. $5,000
    2nd. $3,000
    3rd. $2,000
    4th. $1,400
    5th. $1,100
    6th. $900
    7th. $700
    8th. $500
    9th. $400
    10th. 1,000 betpoints
    11th. 950 betpoints
    12th. 900 betpoints
    13th. 850 betpoints
    14th. 800 betpoints
    15th. 750 betpoints
    16th. 700 betpoints
    17th. 650 betpoints
    18th. 600 betpoints
    19th. 550 betpoints
    20th. 500 betpoints
    21st. 450 betpoints
    22nd. 350 betpoints
    23rd. 300 betpoints
    24th. 250 betpoints
    25th. 200 betpoints
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-20-14 at 04:25 PM.

spankie
    Long Live Rodney!
    spankie's Avatar Become A Pro!

oh lou trust me i am chasing that dream.

i just get frustrated with rollovers.

VegasVixen
    Update your status
    VegasVixen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1357

Quote Originally Posted by spankie View Post

can you give us the outcome on this?

i hope you roll them over 500x and win 500000 points.
    It took a couple hours at a 6-handed .25/.50 table. GOt down to $15, wemt all-in w/ JJ called by 2-2 for a double-up. STarted with 25, rolled 34. Miserable grind.

spankie
    Long Live Rodney!

Quote Originally Posted by VegasVixen View Post
    It took a couple hours at a 6-handed .25/.50 table. GOt down to $15, wemt all-in w/ JJ called by 2-2 for a double-up. STarted with 25, rolled 34. Miserable grind.
    good work.

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Of course it would be better if a hot chick walked into your bedroom and put cash in your wallet and changed your oil right after she iced a six pack and cleaned up a little. It's not that good but it's still easy money and some fun poker.

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 51625

Rollover is fine - again these tourneys are a great deal on the whole (each tourney pays out 2500 in points when total entry fees are at most 550). And obviously if it bothers you that much - no one's forcing you to play! I just wish there were more games in general (especially at the slightly higher stakes) as a decent rollover can take some time...

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Crying about having to rollover points you don't have to pay for seems kind of trivial.

It's essentially like being staked in the World Series of Poker, finishing in the money, and then complaining that you have to share it with the guy staking you.

spankie
    Long Live Rodney!

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Crying about having to rollover points you don't have to pay for seems kind of trivial.

It's essentially like being staked in the World Series of Poker, finishing in the money, and then complaining that you have to share it with the guy staking you.
    damn bruh?

crying ?????

you're hurting my feelings here.

spankie
    Long Live Rodney!

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    Of course it would be better if a hot chick walked into your bedroom and put cash in your wallet and changed your oil right after she iced a six pack and cleaned up a little. It's not that good but it's still easy money and some fun poker.
    somebody called me a railbird johnny.

and yeah .. it would be nice if you could drop the rollover on 15th-20th.

ONE TIME.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

damn bruh?

crying ?????

you're hurting my feelings here.
    When I said crying, I meant articulately arguing the other side.

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric
    B1GER1C828's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

fix the shit where the dumasses get lucky every time will ya?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: soccerkewl37, and jeffdane

spankie
    Long Live Rodney!

eric that was a bad beat pal.

sorry.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: B1GER1C828

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric
    B1GER1C828's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

eric that was a bad beat pal.

sorry.
    whatyagna do, its early yet.

vividjohn45
    vividjohn45's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Quote Originally Posted by hels View Post
    Yes they do take rake from the ring games.

I have to agree with OP that it is not a very convenient process. It is what it is though and we have no say in the matter.

i deleted the software.

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Quote Originally Posted by ArunSh View Post
    I just wish there were more games in general (especially at the slightly higher stakes) as a decent rollover can take some time...
    Clamoring for more games are you? Was I dreaming or did you get allin with 88 vs AQ heads up at 5/10...win the coin flip...then sit out and leave the table instantly without so much of a courtesy word to your opponent?

Yeah...you're one of those guys.

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO

"Clamoring for more games are you? Was I dreaming or did you get allin with 88 vs AQ heads up at 5/10...win the coin flip...then sit out and leave the table instantly without so much of a courtesy word to your opponent?

Yeah...you're one of those guys."

So I leave because my rollover is basically done like anyone would, and you want to cry about that? And then cursing at me at the other table multiple times - yes clearly I'm the one who has problems. SBR really should mute people like tatddy who do that - they are without question the ones who really ruin the experience for everyone (especially new players) and make less people want to play...

vividjohn45
    vividjohn45's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post

i did not cry i just quit the site. why bother with it.?

tatddy

"Clamoring for more games are you? Was I dreaming or did you get allin with 88 vs AQ heads up at 5/10...win the coin flip...then sit out and leave the table instantly without so much of a courtesy word to your opponent?

Yeah...you're one of those guys."

So I leave because my rollover is basically done like anyone would, and you want to cry about that? And then cursing at me at the other table multiple times - yes clearly I'm the one who has problems. SBR really should mute people like tatddy who do that - they are without question the ones who really ruin the experience for everyone (especially new players) and make less people want to play...
    "rollover done". At least this kid proved that rollover is, without question, necessary for sbr. Without it, people like this would never play poker and games would be lifeless.

Thread over.

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by tatddy View Post
    "rollover done". At least this kid proved that rollover is, without question, necessary for sbr. Without it, people like this would never play poker and games would be lifeless.

Thread over.

While I happen to agree rollover is a good idea, fact is unlike "kids" like you, some of us probably have real jobs and have a limited amount of time to play SBR Poker. So if I decide to leave because my rollover is done like many others do, then that is my right. Even putting aside the rollover issue, anyone is entitled to leave any game any time they want. When juvenile people like you then decide to behave like five year olds, well that's unfortunately not a good thing for the game.

As I said, I really wish people who make the game truly unenjoyable for others like yourself would just have their chat removed. I'd guess we would have many more people playing if there weren't so many childish players abusing others.
    Last edited by ArunSh; 04-23-12 at 11:49 PM.

mrmarket
    Update your status
    mrmarket's Avatar Become A Pro!

Rake sucks period. Although rollover helps seed games atm I would rather see it replaced with bonus/rakeback instead to get people playing. But that is never going to happen

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

While I happen to agree rollover is a good idea, fact is unlike "kids" like you, some of us probably have real jobs and have a limited amount of time to play SBR Poker. So if I decide to leave because my rollover is done like many others do, then that is my right. Even putting aside the rollover issue, anyone is entitled to leave any game any time they want. When juvenile people like you then decide to behave like five year olds, well that's unfortunately not a good thing for the game.

As I said, I really wish people who make the game truly unenjoyable for others like yourself would just have their chat removed. I'd guess we would have many more people playing if there weren't so many childish players abusing others.
    Not to get on this rant again since Rudy has a thread dedicated to it (rightfully so), but you don't think winning a monster hand at the highest table SBR offers and then clicking the "sit out" is terrible etiquette?

Or are you just pulling a Metta World Peace and claiming ignorance?

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by GUMMO77 View Post
    Not to get on this rant again since Rudy has a thread dedicated to it (rightfully so), but you don't think winning a monster hand at the highest table SBR offers and then clicking the "sit out" is terrible etiquette?

Or are you just pulling a Metta World Peace and claiming ignorance?

As usual everyone has their own opinion about everything, but I had determined to play until my rollover was done, and that is what I did (and what many others do). I've played live poker for many years (likely longer than tatddy has been alive judging by the maturity he shows), and everyone leaves when they want - you are under no obligation to keep playing simply because you happened to be up or down.

As for etiquette, what is worse etiquette I'm curious? Leaving after a hand or cursing someone out publicly? Kind of funny to call someone out with juvenile name calling for simply leaving the table (which is ANY player's right at any time) and then claim they are the ones lacking etiquette.

Anyway, I'm not going to waste any more time with this. I just play because I enjoy the challenge, and when it resorts to childishness that makes it quite unenjoyable. So just going to keep doing what I do and will leave any table at any time for whatever reason I desire. If others want to start childish name calling because of it - go ahead, your lack of manners is not my problem.

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1321

I agree! Stupid fuk'in 20 point rollovers! Not to mention the bad fuk'in poker etiquette of hit and run assholes and all the fuk'in bad river beats that only happen here. I can see why the same people win and play all the time, while others have just said "fuk this bullshit"! It seems to me, SBR could lower the prize payouts and do away with rollover altogether! I'd still play at the ring tables, probably even more, since I'd be using my real points and not some fuk'in bullshit rollover points! Rollover fuk'in sucks!

I guarantee if we boycotted this bullshit and not play or sign up for any fuk'in tourneys for a week, this shit would change. Of course it will never happen, to many fuk'in poker degenerates here, who are hooked on their precious points like a crack whore who sucks dick for a $10 rock!

tatddy

As usual everyone has their own opinion about everything, but I had determined to play until my rollover was done, and that is what I did (and what many others do). I've played live poker for many years (likely longer than tatddy has been alive judging by the maturity he shows), and everyone leaves when they want - you are under no obligation to keep playing simply because you happened to be up or down.

As for etiquette, what is worse etiquette I'm curious? Leaving after a hand or cursing someone out publicly? Kind of funny to call someone out with juvenile name calling for simply leaving the table (which is ANY player's right at any time) and then claim they are the ones lacking etiquette.

Anyway, I'm not going to waste any more time with this. I just play because I enjoy the challenge, and when it resorts to childishness that makes it quite unenjoyable. So just going to keep doing what I do and will leave any table at any time for whatever reason I desire. If others want to start childish name calling because of it - go ahead, your lack of manners is not my problem.
    Arun-

First off if I really did hurt your feelings than I apologize. It was said in jest.

Secondly - You're right some people do leave when their rollover is complete. What many of them do is say "rollover almost done" and let the room know what their intent is. What some of them, at the very least do, is sit out...but then tell their opponent that they're done and thx for game or whatever. Full table is one thing. But we're talking about a heads up game here. Since you've been playing live longer than I was born....is it commonplace at a live game for someone winning a pot to INSTANTLY stand up and bounce from the room? Probably not. But I'm just a baby.

I guess I live by the old adage "what you do speaks so loudly I cannot hear what you say to the contrary". Your words are sensible and well intended but what you did was out of line.

I mean, cmon bro, you didn't even say a WORD. You just left in half a second right after the hand. No hard feelings but if you think that's kosher we can just agree to disagree.
    Last edited by tatddy; 04-24-12 at 01:26 AM.

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by tatddy View Post
    Arun-

First off if I really did hurt your feelings than I apologize. It was said in jest.

Secondly - You're right some people do leave when their rollover is complete. What many of them do is say "rollover almost done" and let the room know what their intent is. What some of them, at the very least do, is sit out...but then tell their opponent that they're done and thx for game or whatever. Full table is one thing. But we're talking about a heads up game here. Since you've been playing live longer than I was born....is it commonplace at a live game for someone winning a pot to INSTANTLY stand up and bounce from the room? Probably not. But I'm just a baby.

I guess I live by the old adage "what you do speaks so loudly I cannot hear what you say to the contrary". Your words are sensible and well intended but what you did was out of line.

I mean, cmon bro, you didn't even say a WORD. You just left in half a second right after the hand. No hard feelings but if you think that's kosher we can just agree to disagree.

Tatddy,

Thanks. At least this post can give me the indication that you are a reasonable person while we might disagree about certain things. You did not hurt my feelings - it just seems when you curse someone out for doing something which is, at worst, a breach of etiquette (in your opinion only, a point that others would certainly debate), and then you behave that way, well that's a bit of "the pot calling the kettle black" isn't it?

As for "rollover almost done" etc., you may think it's appropriate to preface that you might be leaving a table soon due to that (or for some other random reason), but I never do and most live players do not either, they leave when they please, they generally do not tell everyone "I'm leaving in 10 minutes". When I plan to leave when my rollover is done - naturally that is likely to occur after an allin so that happened to be when it took place. Given this rollover issue does not exist in live poker, saying that it wouldn't be kosher to do it there (which I actually agree with) is really not a reasonable analogy.

As for "saying a word", some people are talkers at the poker tables and others are not (and given the amount of general berating, generally about suckouts/bad play I see taking place, I can see why many are the latter). But the vast majority of players I've seen on SBR (and you can probably attest to this yourself) do not suddenly pipe up with some small talk only when they are about to leave a table after not having said anything earlier. You may think it's not proper to do that, but clearly many others do not ascribe to that point of view. Would you have still been upset if you had happened to win that allin hand, and then I left without saying a word (which I've done many times, and no one has ever complained about)? If not, then that point about saying something like thanks or whatever because it's a heads up game is really moot isn't it - you're simply upset because you felt you were hit and run, correct?

And again speaking up about "my rollover", I can only speak for myself, but I don't recall ever seeing anyone stating well ahead of time, "I"m only playing until my rollover is done" - again you claim others do this all the time, but I have not personally witnessed it ever. So once again, at the very least, it seems that many others do not ascribe to that point of view.

Anyway, enough rambling, I don't want to make this bigger than it should be - we clearly have some different views about etiquette and the like (which is fine, many of these things are very much a matter of opinion), and I don't want to have hard feelings about it either. Perhaps best to just move on, accepting that we don't see things identically?
    Last edited by ArunSh; 04-24-12 at 02:04 AM.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

People leaving after "roll over done".... At that point the rollover can be considered just as good as regular points. Unless they want to take those to the book or casino, or want to play with a different winning to roll over, the "completed rollover" excuse is just one to get off the table. Though there is something to be said about getting off a deep table or one where you're playing over your limit to reduce variance.
    Last edited by daneblazer; 04-24-12 at 06:57 AM.

eleuropeano
    eleuropeano's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1924

Revisiting this.

let me get this straight

we pay points to enter a tourney, we battle our way through the tourney and finish in the points, and then we have to go roll those points over?

GET THE FUK OUT OF HERE.

why?

is there rollover on saturday and sunday tourneys?

what's even worse is when you finish 15th through 20th and have to rollover 20 damn points 3 times. good luck with that.

can you imagine if the world series of poker had rollover once you cashed?

shit's a joke.
    I would have no problem with that if the world series of poker gave me the $10,000 buy-in in the first place.

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

they need to lower the rake.. Not sure how you can sit with 2 people both having 50 on a 25/50 cent game and play for 5 mins with and look and both of you have 43 now. Lower it a bit

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

Quote Originally Posted by mikejamm View Post
    I agree! Stupid fuk'in 20 point rollovers! Not to mention the bad fuk'in poker etiquette of hit and run assholes and all the fuk'in bad river beats that only happen here. I can see why the same people win and play all the time, while others have just said "fuk this bullshit"! It seems to me, SBR could lower the prize payouts and do away with rollover altogether! I'd still play at the ring tables, probably even more, since I'd be using my real points and not some fuk'in bullshit rollover points! Rollover fuk'in sucks!

I guarantee if we boycotted this bullshit and not play or sign up for any fuk'in tourneys for a week, this shit would change. Of course it will never happen, to many fuk'in poker degenerates here, who are hooked on their precious points like a crack whore who sucks dick for a $10 rock!

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post

Classic LOL...and 100% correct

ClevelandNextYr
    ClevelandNextYr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2119

Why are all of you complaining about rollerover or rake in games that you are playing with FREE pts given to you by the site your complaining about. It doesn't cost you anything and if you hate playing so much DON'T PLAY.Sbr doesn't have to give you points for free or add money to donkaments and then let you claim prizes for pts that were given to you.

Anderson6129
    Anderson6129's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Rolling over 20 points isn't hard; most of the time I just don't give a f*ck and go all in the first hand to get it over with since I don't really care about it. If I wanted to take my time, I could easily 5x the amount I won almost every time.

But yes, the rollover is completely stupid. But hey, when no one would have any interest at all in playing on the ring tables, I guess you have to implement something like that just so there is some activity.

MCherry281
    MCherry281's Avatar Become A Pro!

well this is great. had a little luck and finished 4th yesterday, 5th today. now I get to rollover over 400 points. woo hoo. might get it done by end of may if I'm lucky. it would be diff if this place actually had people playing. really hard to get rollover when there is nobody ever playing ring games

spankie
    Long Live Rodney!

Quote Originally Posted by ClevelandNextYr View Post
    Why are all of you complaining about rollerover or rake in games that you are playing with FREE pts given to you by the site your complaining about. It doesn't cost you anything and if you hate playing so much DON'T PLAY.Sbr doesn't have to give you points for free or add money to donkaments and then let you claim prizes for pts that were given to you.
    hello mr analytics

did you know points actually have a value? that's right, they hold a value.

which means they are worth something!

did you also know that you have to risk these points to enter the tourneys?

again, you were saying something about FREE?

the points are given as a loyalty bonus for logging in every day. (still not FREE)

anyway I hate arguing about stupid shit like this, but the fact that you think it's FREE is silly.

you risk 11 points to enter, you grind through 50 players and finish in points, then you have to start allover.

spankie
    Long Live Rodney!

last rollover 714/825 and buried.

First 123 Last