Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15307

1-2 PLO was critized for making a terrible call

1-2 PLO

I have 250 in my stack in BB with AcQcQsTs and call a 12 raise. It is a three way pot.

Flop is KcTc7d

The UTG checks and a short stack guy with about 125 left bets 25, I call and the UTG guy pots it, the short stack guy push the rest of his money in. It's 110 for me to call and 316 in the pot. I'm pretty sure the UTG guy has a set of K. but I can't be more than a 3/1 dog in this pot at this point with nut flush draw and gut shot so I decide to gamble and make call and probably just fold if board pairs.

Turn is a blank something like 2s

I check and of course UTG guy goes all in. Now with just a 100 left I have to call with over 500 in pot.

River is 5c

I just flip over my hand and UTG guys goes nuts telling me I made a shitty call. Didn't see his hand but from the sound of it and his bitching it was definitely top set and probably a smaller flush redraw or str8 redraw.

I don't think my call was that ridiculously bad. I put the hands in the odds calculator and against UTG guy most likely holdings I'm never have less than 30% equity on the flop.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

An Omaha question on SBR, this oughta be good. Paging roxxy....

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

You should be betting that flop, trying to get as much money in as possible with those draws.folding is out of the question

PLO is a gambling game and you shuld kick that guy in the nuts for giving you shit

BGboothA
    BGboothA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 212

yeah you should have raised the flop, but that is a auto call. If you just do the math... you have 12 outs that more than make your hand...roughly a 24% chance to hit. You were getting 5-1 to call....its an easy call.

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Caring what people think in poker (and life for that matter) will get you nowhere.

dumbmoney
    dumbmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 292

Worst case scenario you had 10 outs (which is probably what you had) 7 remaining clubs that don't pair the board & 3 remaining non club jacks, still a good call if you were really getting over 5-1 on your money. So worse case its 34-10 for you to not win-win of the remaining cards left which is 3.4 to 1. Id take 5-1 money on something that has a 1 to 3.4 chance of happening all day. That's worse case and if you are assuming he has a set of kings then its more like 32 non outs you don't know about and more like 3.2 to 1. Don't sweat it, guy was just pissed, and doesn't know what he is talking about. Probably didn't see your broadway draw, but even so you would just about be getting the right odds to call if you wanted to gamble.

boscokid
    boscokid's Avatar SBR PRO

terrible call

you should be pushing this hand on the flop. checking the turn is stupid - are you in the habit of letting people draw to the nuts for free? if so, PLO is not your game
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BigDaddy

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15307

Quote Originally Posted by boscokid View Post
    you should be pushing this hand on the flop. checking the turn is stupid - are you in the habit of letting people draw to the nuts for free? if so, PLO is not your game
    Why should I push on this hand when in all probability the short stack guy was not going to fold his hand to me potting it? When UTG check raises and pots it in all probability he has top set and is never folding. I can call and check fold all turns that pair the board and still have 100 left.

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT
    a4u2fear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35459

People complain when they lose and it's always your fault when the odds don't stay with them, whatever, call em a broke dikk

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47515

no brainer call..guy upset he lost