Ninersnut
    Money talks and bullshit runs marathons
    Ninersnut's Avatar Become A Pro!

Please remove the auto boot in Poker.....

If I pay a fee there should be no reason why I am auto booted if I don't get to my seat in time. I thought you guys fixed this for the fee entries????!
    Points Awarded:

Jayvegas420 gave Ninersnut 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 6 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: moses millsap, playersonly69, BeerDog99, tunaguitar76, secretstash, and Iwinyourmoney

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

i agree with this statement

nothing wrong with letting players autofold their blinds away like a live tournament

Ninersnut

The incentives for being a pro just keeps getting better.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Have to AGREE ... paying 11pts should exclude being auto booted

RyanLeafOfBets
    Team Dexter
    RyanLeafOfBets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

Dang... weak. I agree.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9788

disagree , don't sign up if you can't play. Only thing i would agree on, is extend it 5 minutes

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Good rule

Weeds out pretenders

playersonly69
    playersonly69's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 142

Horrendous rule in place since we pay a fee to play

Ninersnut

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    disagree , don't sign up if you can't play. Only thing i would agree on, is extend it 5 minutes
    If they need to change anything it should be to shorten the think time on the hand and extend an extra time bank. People are slow playing for 20 rollover points.

Paying a fee for anything and getting booted is ridiculous, not sure how anyone would agree with that. But there is a reason you're titty warrior and I am not.

BeerDog99
    BeerDog99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

lol, two posts in one thread where niners is bang on.... :-)

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Umm the auto boot shouldnt be removed. This is coming from someone who's been booted many times because of forgetting I even registered, still there is nothing more annoying than waiting on several time tickers to count down because that person is not around. Keep the auto boot in place without a doubt.

BGboothA
    BGboothA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 212

And while we are at it, can we get rid of the window for registration....

BeerDog99
    BeerDog99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

Quote Originally Posted by BernardMadoff View Post
    Umm the auto boot shouldnt be removed. This is coming from someone who's been booted many times because of forgetting I even registered, still there is nothing more annoying than waiting on several time tickers to count down because that person is not around. Keep the auto boot in place without a doubt.
    That only happens once and then the player is sat out.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14709

What a retarded thread.
    Once a player missed that 1st hand you arent waiting for them after that. Their hand is folded instantly.
    I cant believe you enforce this rule.
    if it were for real money you wouldnt have ANYONE playing on your site.
    I was wondering how I was blinded out three times in a row in less than 2 minutes.
    adjusting particular players time clocks is a complete abuse of the rules as well.
    It's unfortunate because I love playing holdem but, I am beginning to greatly dislike the SBR Poker Room. (and I don't need any smart ass to tell me I don't need to play there, I am capable of making this decision on my own.)

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 525

if we pay our points to enter we should be able to blind off til we show or just blind off completely

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

I dont understand any argument otherwise?
    Berny never knows what he is typing about!

Ninersnut

Are we gonna get a ruling on this from SBR?

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BernardMadoff View Post
    Sharp post and agreed. The ejector isn't going anywhere in the 5 daily tourneys, but we did make the concession to the squeaky wheels on the weekend slate of tournaments (as we have been doing). =)

Ninersnut

So you the majority in this thread agree that the ejector should be removed if you are paying a fee but you choose to quote the 1 guy you could in this thread to state your case? Obviously you didn't have a choice on who you could quote because quoting TT would get you laughed off the site. Hopefully you know that after the first countdown you are autofolded and you really aren't waiting each orbit.

SBR's stance is now weekend points (fees) mean something but the weekday points (fee) means nothing. Is there a way to file an SBR complaint against SBR?
    Bernie's post really is sharp.

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5
    mighty maron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

Any time an entry fee is ponied up by a player should remove the auto boot feature. When the entry fee was part of a perk for being SBR PRO maybe the auto boot should be in effect.

Player pays...player should decided if he wants to be late and be blinded off....

Anderson6129
    Anderson6129's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

If a player knows that he'll be auto booted if he doesn't show up within a given time, then how hard is it to simply show up on time or just not register at all if you can't?

VegasVixen
    Update your status
    VegasVixen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1357

I never register for the Sat tourney because Im not sure I can make it home from work in time and I thought I'd get booted if late... If I do make it home in time I typically forget because I'm not pre-registered so I forget about it Pretty sure I've never played a Sat tourney!

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

I have the lowest rating possible, I don't know if it matters whether I sit or not?
    I'm changing my handle to DEAD MONEY 420

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 420

I say boot them off if they don't show up. I see enough ghost posters on this forum. I don't need to see ghost players in the poker room also.

Jrod124
    Update your status
    Jrod124's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 535

stupid to auto boot, some people on this forum have lives outside and things happen. For instance I registered for the 7PM but I had to take my dog to the vet at 630 and it went long because the vet was running late.

Life happens sometimes and if a poster pays the entry fee he should be blinded out accordingly

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

There's no explanation to the retardation also known as SBR Poker.

jstblaze
    jstblaze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

I dont sign up for tourneys ever simply because of the auto boot rule.

Ninersnut

Glad to see the majority of people responding in this thread are on the same page. It's ashame SBR is 2 thick headed to see it. It's amazing that we even sign up for this thing with the chance to roll over prizes . It's an accomplishment in itself to avoid the terrible beats and donks then to have to do it all again at the cash tables.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

I disagree with the policy but, when all players are made aware it sort of evens out the disadvantage.
    I was pissed cause I was registering, sitting down at one minute after (by my clock) & out of the tourney.
    Took me a few days to figure out why this was happening but now that I am aware of the rule I can decide, like jstblze whether I want to partake or abstain.

Ninersnut

That would be fine but they changed the rule for the weekend buy ins, so why isn't the weekday buy ins changed? Now we know, but if they acknowledged there was a need for change in the weekends why the blatant disregard for the weekday tournies??

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    I say boot them off if they don't show up. I see enough ghost posters on this forum. I don't need to see ghost players in the poker room also.
    Correct. If we turned it off for the dailys, with it paying 20 of 50, a bunch of hammerheads would figure even if they didn't show up, they'd fold to the money. That's not going to be allowed.

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

What's the effin problem? You can't register until a few hours before the tourney anyway. Show up or unregister. This thread is a waste of life.