Betpoints: 315

Love this Hand of Poker , You'll probably seen it

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

seen it

hilarious

i also like this one (mainly for the commentary)

Last edited by RudyRuetigger; 02-29-12 at 10:22 PM.

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

good thing it wasnt sbr ace,king,queen would of flop then hit would of hit 7 7 on turn and river

Extra Innings
    Extra Innings's Avatar Become A Pro!

seen it

Excellent!

Extra Innings

The AA KK scenario has happened to me several times during this tournament, I never folded

Extra Innings

Want to throw up?

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

The announcers are talking about how in this format, you don't fold pocket kings.

In what format would you fold them? Certainly not hold'em. Are they talking about the other poker variants?

IMO, in hold'em you don't fold pocket kings preflop, ever. If the guy has aces, there's nothing you can do.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Reminds me of my KK vs. JJ vs. AA in that huge tournament.

First hand, I believe, of the final tournament which they had for people who earned the most poker points last year. I had to qualify and made it in, but first hand KK.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post

In what format would you fold them? Certainly not hold'em. Are they talking about the other poker variants?
    I quit watching when I noticed I had seen the vid before. I am sure they are referring to table size and/or high blinds, rapid blind increases

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

That's a crazy hand. I can't believe that guy folded the kings there.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1830

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    The announcers are talking about how in this format, you don't fold pocket kings.

IMO, in hold'em you don't fold pocket kings preflop, ever. If the guy has aces, there's nothing you can do.
    You fold Aces pre in some formats.

Mainly satellites.

Gee
    Gee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2327

You fold aces pre-flop in some formats??

How??

Deep_Rest
    Deep_Rest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10319

I've folded aces a few times preflop. It definitely happens and sometimes it can be the correct move. Especially playing around the bubble of SNG's...particularly the double-or-nothing format–since what you win isn't proportional to the risk you're taking...even with aces.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Quote Originally Posted by Gee View Post
    You fold aces pre-flop in some formats??

How??
    A few situations. Say you're on the bubble in a satellite where everyone wins the same prize, two people are already all-in and they have nearly the same amount of chips. Fold aces because one of those guys is getting knocked out. You can lump double or nothing tournaments into this category.

The same can be said that situation where the prize structure changes significantly or the prize level is a large amount of money for you. If someone's bankroll if a few thousand, and they win a few thousand by moving up another place by folding, strongly consider folding aces should a few players already be all in ahead of you.

It's only happened to me a hand full of times and fold aces pf is debatable, but you can also consider folding aces pf if you are on the bubble, have a big stack at a niitty (tight) table, and have been stealing blinds constantly. Say a short stack shoves into you and you have aces. If you call you are going to be a large favorite and stand a chance of busting up the table and getting off the bubble. Consider folding aces here because the advantage of keeping this table together for as long as you can outweighs the small amount of chips you'll win by calling the short stacks all in.