DerekMadden
    DerekMadden's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

My Quest From $25 to $1,000

... begins, now.

With help from a site I joined, I got a free bankroll of $25 to play with on Cake poker.

The rollover is admittedly high, but they have a ton of crappy players at the low levels and a bunch of HU tournaments so I should be able to make some noise.

I will use this thread to track it!

Wish me luck!

piscatelli
    piscatelli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2308

what stakes are you playing?

DerekMadden
    DerekMadden's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Ok, after playing a hundred 2 dollar bounty sng's with cookies stake, i understand the need to play sng's in blocks to ride out the swings. I'm going to use the following "pyramid" to move up in buy'ins and see if i can eventually get to 20 dollar buyins, (or higher) and win at a consistent rate in the long run. Let me know what you think of the steps and approach. I have a big ego, so probably won't listen to any suggestions, but feel free to post them. I am going to play blocks of 10 sng's, depending what level my BR fits at the start. After playing the block , I will move to the appropriate block that the BR is at then. Here are the steps i'm going to take, if i don't have enough to start step 1, i'll freeroll, fun step, and bumble bee till i do.

step 1: fast fiftys ($.60 buyin) obviously need at least $6 to play block of 10
    step 2: dollar dazzlers (1.10 buyin) BR must be $22 at least
    step 3: $2 bounty 10 seat (2.20) BR must be $44 at least
    step 4: $5 bounty 10 seat (5.50) BR must be $110 at least
    step 5: $10 bounty 10 seat (11.00) BR must be $220 at least
    step 6: $20 bounty 10 seat (22.00) BR must be $440 at least

I'm not moving up unless i have 20 buyins at that level, that way if i have a horrible block of 10, with no cashes at all, i will still have enough to just move back one step.

My starting BR is $25. I'll post occasionally, let you know how its working, anyone who wants to join in feel free.