TheMetsSuck
    TheMetsSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1476

Besides paying 10 g. what are some good ways to get into the world series of poker?

I used to play a lot of online poker, but quit when poker stars and full tilt left the US. Are there any legit sites that have satellite tournaments? Are there good satellites in vegas for it and if so what are the dates/buy in. Thanks guys

robert_wrath
    Update your status
    robert_wrath's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1371

You may opt for Satellites & Super Sats to get in through out WSOP for multiple events.. Check the Harrah's WSOP Circuit events held around the country.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

put 10k on 6rs vs Detroit

secretstash
    secretstash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 45

sbr last year had a FREEROLL for pros which sent 1 guy to the world series all expenses paid (FuzzyDunlop played)

this year they are doing the same, but paying CASH prizes and u can take ur cash to world series all the same

-stash

Deep_Rest
    Deep_Rest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10319

satellites live at Vegas are the nuts. You can safely assume they are shark free since most sharks just buy in. If you win one, you can keep playing and just convert your subsequent winnings to cash or sell the seat to somebody.

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33426

You'll find satellites and super satellites of various sizes at Rio and a few other scattered (mostly CET) properties around Vegas. This is probably how most people will get in this year. The games have a reputation for being very soft, but they're highly juiced and poorly structured.

FuzzyDunlop
    Poster of the Month October 2015
    FuzzyDunlop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

The Rio sats had a decent structure and ran 7 times a day. $2000+$225 and generally had between 15-40 people.

mrmarket
    Update your status
    mrmarket's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Deep_Rest View Post
    satellites live at Vegas are the nuts. You can safely assume they are shark free since most sharks just buy in. If you win one, you can keep playing and just convert your subsequent winnings to cash or sell the seat to somebody.
    Yeah those sharks never sit in those satellites with all that dead money floating around

TheMetsSuck

Quote Originally Posted by secretstash View Post
    sbr last year had a FREEROLL for pros which sent 1 guy to the world series all expenses paid (FuzzyDunlop played)

this year they are doing the same, but paying CASH prizes and u can take ur cash to world series all the same

-stash

awesome. when will that be this year?

secretstash
    secretstash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 45

Quote Originally Posted by TheMetsSuck View Post
    awesome. when will that be this year?
    not sure but for sbr pros sbr has a free poker tournament each day.. right now we are competing for sbr's version of the world cup (golf) but of poker.. after that is over i am sure there will be discussion bout the big cash tournament

-stash

TheMetsSuck

i have a mac and haven't attempted to download the poker software yet. What are the odds I can get it to work?

FuzzyDunlop
    Poster of the Month October 2015
    FuzzyDunlop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

Quote Originally Posted by TheMetsSuck View Post
    i have a mac and haven't attempted to download the poker software yet. What are the odds I can get it to work?
    You'll be fine with a Windows emulator.