RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

SBR Poker Format for Future Tournaments

Times need to be set for SBR Poker's next featured series.

Judging by the times, sorry eastern world (that is politically correct?) you are out of luck. The 8am always is under 42. Noon- 10pm eastern time is when all events need to take place (maybe 4am as well Im not sure if it routinely was filled to capacity).

I took advantage of some midnight times (and 8am for the future) and Im sure 8am and midnight guys will complain, but those slots never fill. It is apparent 12-10pm times are needed to ensure every tournament fills for the time being until sbr takes over the world.

Ninersnut
    Money talks and bullshit runs marathons
    Ninersnut's Avatar Become A Pro!

Never gonna happen. Not everyone is US, SBR still needs to cater to other ppl besides the elitist americans.

RudyRuetigger

Quote Originally Posted by Ninersnut View Post
    Never gonna happen. Not everyone is US, SBR still needs to cater to other ppl besides the elitist americans.
    does not matter.

8am is not filling. 12am is not filling.

noon-10pm fill with ease (until now when people are realizing they cant qualify).

if it isnt obvious from the world cup standings, the majority come from usa, then canada and europe. with a noon start time, thats 5pm in England. No reason for this to not to be accepted.

***and by the way, the only reason the 8am got 31 is because some of us have no lives and can plan which tourney we want to play in. consider 25 or so people actually want to play at 8am, the other 6 just accept its the best time so play in it (although judging by the people that enter, id say 12 actually want to play 8am, the other 13 just do because its so +EV)
    Last edited by RudyRuetigger; 02-22-12 at 09:26 PM. Reason: typo easy- ease

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Rudy - I need that 12am tourney. 3 days a week that's the only one in which I can play. It may not fill but I've never seen it less than 90% full.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

The only one that really needs to move is the 8am. Move it to 10am, 2pm, or 6pm.

RudyRuetigger

up to everyone as a whole i think but if sbr was to ask me id say remove the 12am and 8am

yes i agree 8am needs moved first.

i think the first night ever of playing in the world cup, there were about 19 or 29 that played in the midnight. the only reason it fills to w/e capacity now is because 10-20 guys can do the 10 or the 12 (and it both filled routinely, id guarantee most of the guys in the 12 would go for the 10 instead)

and technically speaking if i were to make world cup or had a big tourney that i couldnt miss i could only fill the 8-12pm slots with 100% certainty
    Last edited by RudyRuetigger; 02-22-12 at 09:14 PM.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

I definitely don't want to play at 8 AM. I couldn't play in it at all really until this week, and now I only play in it to try to qualify.

Night ones are most convenient.

yisman

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    up to everyone as a whole i think but if sbr was to ask me id say remove the 12am and 8am

yes i agree 8am needs moved first.

i think the first night ever of playing in the world cup, there were about 19 or 29 that played in the midnight. the only reason it fills to w/e capacity now is because 10-20 guys can do the 10 or the 12 (and it both filled routinely, id guarantee most of the guys in the 12 would go for the 10 instead)

first night the midnight was 19. Since then it's routinely been 38-40.

But yeah, most of the guys would probably prefer the 10 PM. The 10 PM fills so fast, though, that there's spillover and they have to play at midnight. You probably have like 60 who want to play at 10.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

2pm actually makes the most sense. Then we'd have two four hour blocks in 12pm, 2pm, 4pm, 8pm ,10pm, 12am. I think 2pm est is about 8pm for most of Europe. There's only about 5 people from the world team playing actively anyway.

RudyRuetigger

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    first night the midnight was 19. Since then it's routinely been 38-40.

But yeah, most of the guys would probably prefer the 10 PM. The 10 PM fills so fast, though, that there's spillover and they have to play at midnight. You probably have like 60 who want to play at 10.
    thanks definitely agree here

and i really thought it was 19 in the midnight (i knew the number ended with a 9) but 19 sounded so absurd i added the or 29 in

i made most of my cashes in the midnight at the beginning of the series, so while i appreciate my place im sure i dont quite deserve it thus far (as im sure some 8ams are in the same boat)

yisman

By the way, it happened 19 the first day because I think a lot didn't realize that it counted for the first day rather than the second. People quickly caught on.

yisman

Rudy I have the number of entrants for each tournament from the beginning, by the way, in an Excel spreadsheet.

RudyRuetigger

good point. i didnt think of that scenario. for some reason i always thought the 12am was apart of the previous day..maybe on the first day i didnt see it listed at midnight so i knew it was at the end of the day not beginning, i forget honestly.

luckily ill be awake for work the next few 8ams (but if the tourney is close to capacity i wont enter)

i will say i believe the NOON tournament to be the toughest field

zam77
    zam77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 687

If we're talking about a different format for the next series, change it up even more. Trim tourneys to 30, go with 6 player tables, add a tourney at 10 and 2 or have 2 during the peak hours instead of 1. Pay only top 5.

yisman

Rudy, why do you play in noon tournaments at all?

RudyRuetigger

usually taking a break in the day and bored. have no cashes this week though so probably will go back to midnight next week

RudyRuetigger

Quote Originally Posted by zam77 View Post
    If we're talking about a different format for the next series, change it up even more. Trim tourneys to 30, go with 6 player tables, add a tourney at 10 and 2 or have 2 during the peak hours instead of 1. Pay only top 5.
    while id like smaller tourneys as well, there are too many friends and families signing up. too much collusion now im sure esp since sbr doesnt really look into that yet.

playersonly69
    playersonly69's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 142

Well the 8am tournament is for the European players. On some days it can get 39 players in the 8am

yisman

Rarely.

It's typically in the low 30s.

RudyRuetigger

sbr could correct this in 2 ways:

1. 30 ppl per tourney meaning they should fill
    2. this is going to be the SBR WSOP so i assume it will be qualifying. instead of having x number of people qualify each tourney, base it on percentages...x% of people will qualify, although awarding points during the qualifying stages would be hard since 1 tourney could have 20 and 1 have 100

yisman

Looks like I made a poor choice in deciding not to stay up for the midnight tonight.