beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

3 times this week

have lost going all in with pocket aces. Great way to go out of tourneys this way unreal . Didn't even buckin place once this week love it. Ok done whinning good luck all that make the world cup team after this week i'm done.

zam77
    zam77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 687

Why done? Next 3 bullets you'll probably win. Roll with the punches brewman.

DerekMadden
    DerekMadden's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

this week has been a historic week in bad beats.

I can. not. win. with qq, kk, or aa

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

I was at the table beerman, terrible beat! It's ok, next three will go your way.

jeffdane
    jeffdane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

come on dudes, poker is more than just getting a pocket pair and it holding up.

if you have AA, there are only 2 more cards that give you a good chance of winning and thats not guaranteed either. if someone calls you with another pair, they have the same chance of hitting a set as you do. if it happens it not exactly a bad beat.

if someone calls you with a 10-4 offsuit and you lose then thats a bad beat. and then again if they are short stacked or have a huge stack and you are short stacked, thats poker.

we all have "bad beats" but we all get lucky too.

still sucks but maybe next time dont go all in just cause you have a big pair. majority of the time if they are calling or raising they have something. if not and you lose thats poker.

you shouldnt be all in until the end unless you want to gamble or you have the nuts. if you are all in, with the best starting hand, thats great but you are still very vulnerable if you dont have the nuts.

Shaudius
    Shaudius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 702

Quote Originally Posted by jeffdane View Post

if you have AA, there are only 2 more cards that give you a good chance of winning and thats not guaranteed either. if someone calls you with another pair, they have the same chance of hitting a set as you do. if it happens it not exactly a bad beat.
    Say what? If you have pocket aces and they have any other pocket pair they do not have the same odds in the hand that you do. Because if they don't hit their set and you don't hit your set barring a straight or a flush you win, they have 2 outs plus their flush and straight outs and you have every other combination of cards besides their 2 outs and their straight and flush outs you are way ahead. Basically 80-20 + a little bit more if your aces counterfeit his suits.

There are way more cards than those 2 aces left in the deck that "give you a good chance of winning"

Augustus
    Augustus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20

All-in with 2 cards and PK for luck, you deserved to lose. You are not having a royal flush and you will not do the same thing when you are playing with real cash.
    Last edited by Augustus; 02-03-12 at 07:31 PM.

jeffdane
    jeffdane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by Shaudius View Post

Say what? If you have pocket aces and they have any other pocket pair they do not have the same odds in the hand that you do. Because if they don't hit their set and you don't hit your set barring a straight or a flush you win, they have 2 outs plus their flush and straight outs and you have every other combination of cards besides their 2 outs and their straight and flush outs you are way ahead. Basically 80-20 + a little bit more if your aces counterfeit his suits.

There are way more cards than those 2 aces left in the deck that "give you a good chance of winning"
    obviously i know what you mean.

im saying, smae chance to hit a set. i know what the odds are. just saying. no matter what you have, if you go all in you are vulnerable to anything that comes your way. we all know how the poker is played, here at sbr, so you should know not to go all in quick.

just because you have AA does not mean you are entitled to win the hand.

bad beat, sure, but if you dont have the nuts you shouldnt have all your money at stake, unless you want to gamble.

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1321

It has been one fuk'ed up week for good hole cards! The same shit has happened to me on more than a few occasions to call it bullshit variance! I think the whole fuk'in poker client is outta whack! Never seen so many shit hands crack AA, KK, pocker queens, etc...! I guess SBR is trying to recruit new members, lett'in all these non pro fuks get in and place in the tourneys. Even though they can't do shit with the points, except buy free advetising tee shirts and hats for SBR!

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Quote Originally Posted by jeffdane View Post

if someone calls you with a 10-4 offsuit and you lose then thats a bad beat. and then again if they are short stacked or have a huge stack and you are short stacked, thats poker.

we all have "bad beats" but we all get lucky too.

still sucks but maybe next time dont go all in just cause you have a big pair. majority of the time if they are calling or raising they have something. if not and you lose thats poker.

you shouldnt be all in until the end unless you want to gamble or you have the nuts. if you are all in, with the best starting hand, thats great but you are still very vulnerable if you dont have the nuts.

I know what you mean, Jeff, so don't get me wrong .. but I have to tell this story.

Tournament - Guy has AA shoves all in gets called by dude with QJ.

QJ guy gets very excited and says "Hell ya, I have 6 outs and he only has 2 -- I can't lose!" Guy was dead serious.