FlipsideRM
    Summer 16
    FlipsideRM's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3216

Anyone ever run this bad?!?!

I'm still hoping I wake up from a dream and this isn't real life.

Playing 2-5 NL...I will list some of the beats I took today

1. 2nd hand I sit down I get dealt aces, lady to the right of me raises. I 3 bet, she 4 bet shoves all in, I snap. She shows Kings vs my Aces.

Flop: Q-2-4 Rainbow. I tell dealer "don't do it to me"
    Turn: King
    River: Jack

I lose.

2. I'm dealt JJ UTG, I raise and shorty comes over the top with a 3 bet all in. I call and he shows 8-8.

Flop: 8-4-K
    Turn: Blank
    River: Blank

I lose to a 2 outter once again.

I slowly grind some money back that I lost...then

3. Im dealt KK in the SB. Guy raises, I 3 bet big and he shoves all in. I snap call....he shows me 88. I told the table it's definitely coming, guy in the big blind tells me no way I folded an 8.

Flop: 8-7-7 He flops a boat.
    Turn: Blank
    River: Blank

By this time, I'm in disbelief and questioning everything in life. It's like the earth was titled on its axis to make me lose today.

I rebuy one more time and try to maintain composure. It's not like I was playing bad, I was getting it in good every single time.

Final hand...

I get dealt K-9dd, I raise and guy flats.

Flop: Kh-5d-Jd. I bet, he raises, I call.
    Turn: Q-s giving me top pair with diamond draw and gut shot straight.
    He's short so I put him all in, he calls.
    River: 2s. I miss everything and flip over top pair with my king and missed draws, he shows pocket 5's and scoops the pot.

This one isn't really a bad beat but it just shows how bad I was running tonight.

This is really screwing with my Psyche, has anyone ever had nights like this? Getting 2 outted and 1 outted numerous times in one night just can't be normal. I'm starting to question if pokers even real anymore.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

You aren't really getting "1 or 2 outted" in these scenarios though it seems like you are. Bad runs are a part of poker and is one of the better reasons you should always be rolled and play within your limits. Try to focus on playing well and reward yourself when you do instead of being results driven. Easier said than done, but you don't want to start 'questioning your life" and start pressing (aka on tilt), then it will really get bad.
    Points Awarded:

tatddy gave daneblazer 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    You aren't really getting "1 or 2 outted" in these scenarios though it seems like you are. Bad runs are a part of poker and is one of the better reasons you should always be rolled and play within your limits. Try to focus on playing well and reward yourself when you do instead of being results driven. Easier said than done, but you don't want to start 'questioning your life" and start pressing (aka on tilt), then it will really get bad.
    This.

Jimmy Proffett
    Jimmy Proffett's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 954

It's happened to any and every poker player that has seen a zillion hands. When this starts happening to me, I take 2 weeks minimum off of poker completely, no playing, watching, reading, thinking about poker. Then after that break I watch a couple episodes of HSP or something and get back in the mood.

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    You aren't really getting "1 or 2 outted" in these scenarios though it seems like you are.

Please explain, if theres only 2 cards in the deck that can beat me, how am I not getting "2 outted"?

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Quote Originally Posted by FlipsideRM View Post
    Please explain, if theres only 2 cards in the deck that can beat me, how am I not getting "2 outted"?
    Flush and straight combinations can also beat you.

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16

This was all preflop action....of course things change after the flop hits but we're not playing after the flop. I'm getting 2 outted, simple as that lol. Plus if you want to get specific, none of these boards ran out in ways where a straight or flush could have beat me it was all set mining for my opponents

nomeansno
    nomeansno's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 407

This was all preflop action....of course things change after the flop hits but we're not playing after the flop. I'm getting 2 outted, simple as that lol. Plus if you want to get specific, none of these boards ran out in ways where a straight or flush could have beat me it was all set mining for my opponents
    lol ur not getting 2 outed, any pair vs a higher pair is only 80% fav, so losing a few of these a night is no biggie. ofc if u play live poker, bad stretches can last real long considering the amount of hands u play.

also u should just stop complaining, and keep playing these games if people call of stacks with 88 pf lol.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9776

lose 8 grand in one sitting and over 100 k then post

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Weren't you all in preflop? So because the board didn't run out in ways a straight or flush could have beaten you, it eliminates the possibility of that ever happening? I'm glad someone else made a stab at it, because I don't even know how to answer this.

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16

Quote Originally Posted by nomeansno View Post

lol ur not getting 2 outed, any pair vs a higher pair is only 80% fav, so losing a few of these a night is no biggie. ofc if u play live poker, bad stretches can last real long considering the amount of hands u play.

also u should just stop complaining, and keep playing these games if people call of stacks with 88 pf lol.
    lol ur a joke. Losing 4/4 all in preflop hands when only 2 cards in the deck at the time could have beat me is not normal. Mind you, this happened in a matter of hours....

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16

First time playing a tournament here at SBR. Final table down to 8 people, I get it in with AK vs K10. 10 on river, gg lol....

Legions36
    Legions36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7744

Hey these guys r being ruff on u. I can't believe they say some things when your on a bad run. Anyway just keep playing and grind it out, i personally have been trying to move forward on a bad run since November and i think ive seen everything since then, but i even today after all that still have a clear head and try and play better only way to get threw it, and do be honest after seeing this run of cards for myself im not really down as much as i should be. GL and i hope u get threw it.

nomeansno
    nomeansno's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 407

lol ur a joke. Losing 4/4 all in preflop hands when only 2 cards in the deck at the time could have beat me is not normal. Mind you, this happened in a matter of hours....
    u must be lolbad if u really think only two cards can beat u if u have a higher pair in a pf allin, u obv have no clue dude

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

finally read this.

OP that is the worst run ive ever seen.

you must be the unluckiest guy ever at poker.

unreal.

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16

Quote Originally Posted by nomeansno View Post

u must be lolbad if u really think only two cards can beat u if u have a higher pair in a pf allin, u obv have no clue dude
    I would have rather been beat by a 4 card flush then have them hit sets all day on me...

tb1984
    tb1984's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1083

The thing is that you only talk about your losing hands, how about your winning hands(because you said you won your money back at some point, then lost back). What happened in your winning hands? Did you win with a 2 outers, flopping a set... etc? To be fair, you should also tell us about those winning hands, and roughly how many hands did you play?

But, that was still a bad stretch.
    Last edited by tb1984; 01-23-12 at 03:02 PM.

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Guy wants to vent...let him vent. It's therapeutic for some to blow off steam this way. No need to berate him for doing so. Of course, we've all been there. I've cursed countless people online for drawing out on me. I've challenged the entire table to fight me after a guy talked out of turn at the Rio 2/4 table. We all have our ways.

OP...sorry that you're on the negative side of variance. Keep trucking and if you feel like you're pissed off take a break and come back when you're chill and ready to win.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47513

happens to us all, OP...I'm in a bad streak right now as well, seemingly losing with the favorite every time...whatever they need, they catch...like Dane said, this is why bankroll management is so vital so that you can get through the bad stretches...keep getting it in good and you will be ahead in the longrun

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1824

Once you lose 95-99% hands in a row on consistent basis then you can complain.

k13

sinmiedo
    sinmiedo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 369

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Proffett View Post
    It's happened to any and every poker player that has seen a zillion hands. When this starts happening to me, I take 2 weeks minimum off of poker completely, no playing, watching, reading, thinking about poker. Then after that break I watch a couple episodes of HSP or something and get back in the mood.

So true.
    Some times we lost focus by playing too many hours and too many hands.

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5
    mighty maron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

Numerous theories at work here.

1. Hindsight Bias...
    2. Better players can fold hands they are supposed to. Worse players can not. Better players will get drawn out on more than worse. See hindsight Bias
    3. An overestimation of your own ability.
    4. The laws of probabilty and stats.....math catches up with all players over a lifetime.

Man up or stop playing

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

its called variance. 3 outa the last 4 times i had kings someone else had aces. the chances of that happening at a full table are roughly 20-1 in any one time. do the math, just gota play thru the bad runs.

Legions36
    Legions36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7744

Quote Originally Posted by mighty maron View Post
    Numerous theories at work here.

1. Hindsight Bias...
    2. Better players can fold hands they are supposed to. Worse players can not. Better players will get drawn out on more than worse. See hindsight Bias
    3. An overestimation of your own ability.
    4. The laws of probabilty and stats.....math catches up with all players over a lifetime.

Man up or stop playing
    True u are but when your on a bad run hindsite fu-cks with u as im experiencing this for the last 2 months. I say give the guy a break he wants to tell his story.

BeerDog99
    BeerDog99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

Quote Originally Posted by sinmiedo View Post
    So true.
    Some times we lost focus by playing too many hours and too many hands.
    Sinmiedo is back!

k13

Most people won't play enough hands to overcome variance.

There are people who run under EV for millions of hands. You will never play millions of hands on SBR till the day you die.

k13

Over 50 pocket pairs, hit zero sets.

meanwhile kk lose to 55, kk lose 99 , on and on.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

If you try to get in a run bad contest with K13, you're going to lose

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Today, I got all the chips in the pot on the turn with top 2 and the nut flush draw and the villain rivers the gut shot straight flush. 15 minutes later, what I thought was the the nut full house was taken down by quads. I think I got you beat today, hoss.
    Last edited by daneblazer; 01-29-12 at 07:54 PM.

natsuto
    natsuto's Avatar Become A Pro!

Anyway, just keep playing and grinding out, I personally have been trying to move forward on the run since November last year, since the bad, Gadgets I think I've seen everything.
    Last edited by natsuto; 02-08-12 at 08:45 PM.

frizzelli
    frizzelli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

What a cryass bitch this flip twink is.

gwiz
    gwiz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 451

without the pain the joy would be mundane

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16

Update:

Took a long hiatus from any poker rooms. Went to Daytona Floridas kennel club and ran hot as a victorias secret model. They were doing 500 dollar high hands every 30 minutes. I hit a straight flush to the king and picked up an easy 500 there. Was hitting every flop and just killing it. Definitely worth losing a few hundred a month ago to make a few grand.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Been to Daytona several times. From last week to next week it's probably one of the best places in the world to play with the race going on.

12 Last