BWill37
    BWill37's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sorry Guys, I Have to Vent

Just lost a pretty good piece of my stack in about 45 minutes. Got a guy all in with AQ against my aces, board puts up a flush, and we split pot.

At another table.... The guy to my left is raising every other hand, I am in the small blind so obviously he is big. Folds around to the button, he limps, I limp (because the jackass to my right raises every other hand), and of course the BB raises 4x the BB, button calls, I pop it 2.5x the jackass's raise, he calls, dealer calls. Flop comes out 2,3,7, rainbow. Pretty good flop for rockets. I check, the guy on the button likes to buy pots, so I set a small trap. However, the BB bets the pot which makes no god damn sense, dealer shoves all in. I'm thinking maybe one of them has flopped a set, but with the flop being 7 high it's like one is playing an over pocket pair and the dealer has A-7 since he limped to begin with, and the shove looked like he was protected his pair of 7's. I also don't think anybody is betting that board with a set. Well I shove all-in, BB calls, dealer calls, I have aces, BB has kings, dealer has jacks. Pretty amazing spot to have aces. The turn card was a blank, river gives the dealer a jack. GMFDit.....

At another table... I'm on the button with AQo, folds around the table to me, I pot raise, SB and BB calls. A,10,8, 2 diamonds. SB checks, BB checks, I bet the pot on a draw heavy board, SB calls, BB folds. Next card is a deuce no diamond. I bet 1/2 the pot, SB calls, J of clubs comes out, pretty safe card. I value bet the river, SB calls and turns over AK. WTF???? The guy had a large stack, I give large stacks a lot of respect most of the time, but my first problem is. WTF would you not reraise in the SB with AK? Secondly why did the dumb sob only call the river? I'm mad he didn't reraise me, and yes I would have called, probably not an all-in but I would have called a sizeable reraise. Did he think I was raising with a one outter ISD to save me?

Approx 10 mins later... Community pot, I am in the BB, no raises so I check with 67s clubs. flop comes out pretty 345 2 diamonds. I flop a nut straight, and decide to check to see if I can trap somebody. Checks to the hero, he bets half of the pot. I immediately think flush draw so I reraise and lay him 2-1. He goes over the top and shoves all his chips in the middle. Now I'm thinking he has a 67 as well or he is just an idiot trying to go broke. I put all my chips in knowing I am almost 70% favorite at the worst to win the hand. He turns over AQ of diamonds. Now I am just waiting for the suck out. He hits the flush on the next card. I mean why doesn't the gd dumb sob go play roulette and lay it all on black or red, he would have better odds. Hell, he can pull up blackjack, pull out a chart to go by if he doesn't know how to play and be almost 50/50 every hand. But no, he would rather limp with AQs, just to make sure I see the gd flop, and shove all in so I have to call just to BF me on the turn. Well played sir, well ******* played.

Now on to the next one, and I admit, I am feeling pretty tilty at this point. Get Jacks UTG raise it up 4x the BB, folds to the dealer, he calls, blinds fold. Nice flop.. 4, 6, 9, 2 hearts. I lead out, bet half the pot, dealer calls. Turn is deuce of spades, no big deal, bet half the pot again, Q on the river, not a great card but it wasn't a heart. Bet 3/4 pot on the river because I thought the button thought I was trying to buy this one since I raised UTG and the flop was all low cards. He could have even put me on a busted flush draw, which is why I bet so much in hopes that he would reraise bluff me. I also put him on a busted flush draw. It was still possible that he had a set of 4's, 6's, or 9's but I would have expected a reraise at some point with the flush on the board. Well he reraised my river bet about 3x what I raised him. I felt like my trap worked, I really felt like he had a busted flush draw or maybe K9, Q9, J9, or tens. But still being a little leary of a set, I call. The rooster_eater turns over trip deuces. WOW, thank you sir, may I have a fuckin 'nother? I don't blame the guy for not folding after the flop, he probably put me on AK, AQ, but at the same time, he had a pair of ******* two's. If he felt like his deuces were good, why didn't he reraise the flop? I know why, because the dumb dickhead didn't know if his deuces were good, and he was praying his little nuts off that he would hit his 2 outter.

There are a couple more I could type up, but **** it, I ain't.

Overall, I'm still up about 5x what I deposited a month ago. But I just can't deal with these suckouts. This is exactly why I had to quit playing a few years ago. This shit drives me crazy. I get tilty, mad, then eventually I start playing bad on a daily basis, then I go broke. I just wanted to buy a better car, and these fuckers are making it pretty damn hard on me. I know bad beats are part of poker, I know if people get their cards in bad, odds are I will win in the long run and I guess I have, but god damn, I guess I just can't handle it when I run into stuff like this. I'm pretty tempted to throw the remainder of my account on Vandy to whip Alabama's ass tomorrow and let the chips fall where they may. +6 is ridiculous to me, I don't care if it is a square bet either. I think Vandy wins that game 6/10, 7/10 times. Hell even if it's 2/10 thats still a helluvalot better than these Donkey Kong Dipshit poker players shoving with 2 outers. Gonna sleep on it first.

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Quote Originally Posted by BWill37 View Post
    I know if people get their cards in bad, odds are I will win in the long run.
    Not if ur playing prickysteve

VBPro7
    VBPro7's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4886

What a bunch of bad beat stories. I read the split pot and the AA vs KK vs JJ story and gave up. For all of those who have played long enough i think all these stories sound very familiar. Get over it! I noticed you didnt bother telling us how many times you F*#^ed over AA or KK with your flopped set or flush. Bad beat stories are like a$$hole$....(you know the rest)

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

grab a number

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Just went all in with Ace queen lose on the river some clowns called my all in with 9 5 suited and hits a 5 on the river. Big deal we all got bad beat story's buck it

Carseller4
    Carseller4's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4961

Write a book next time.

Sheesh...........

BWill37

Quote Originally Posted by Carseller4 View Post
    Write a book next time.

Sheesh...........
    Yea I was fuming, couldn't help it, made me feel better at the time I guess.

BWill37

Quote Originally Posted by VBPro7 View Post

What a bunch of bad beat stories. I read the split pot and the AA vs KK vs JJ story and gave up. For all of those who have played long enough i think all these stories sound very familiar. Get over it! I noticed you didnt bother telling us how many times you F*#^ed over AA or KK with your flopped set or flush. Bad beat stories are like a$$hole$....(you know the rest)
    Yea... If you read the title of my post it says "sorry". I felt kinda bad about it after I posted it. I was just pissed to lose so much money in such a short amount of time. I apologize if it bothered you. (serious)

And if I **** over AA or KK by flopping a set, I ain't really going to call it a "**** over". Because the only way it is really a **** over to me is if we are all-in preflop, and I play cash games, so I'm not going to be all in preflop with anything other than aces. With the exception of calling a short stack who is already all-in if the price is right. But the point is if you consider flopping a set and somebody calling a raise all-in with aces after the flop a bad beat. I'd disagree with you pretty strongly. Sometimes you have to fold aces. Sometimes people do hit sets, two pair, straights, flushes, straight flush draws, so it's not an auto call for me with aces, a lot of things go into calling such as the board, the size of the pot, and my read on the player. Don't sound like you could say the same though.

eberetta1
    Win some cha-ching
    eberetta1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12503

You are not getting to 1,000 posts anytime soon writing these tomes. Hopefully, you have 10 times as many good runs as bad.

BWill37

Quote Originally Posted by eberetta1 View Post
    You are not getting to 1,000 posts anytime soon writing these tomes. Hopefully, you have 10 times as many good runs as bad.
    Yea, I'm pretty new to posting in forums. This is actually the first forum I have ever joined. But thanks, same to you.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Don't worry too much about it, Bwill. If you keep getting it in with the best hand, in the long run it will all work out. Bad beats (to you) are what keeps the fish coming back.
    Points Awarded:

BWill37 gave GUMMO77 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

aggieshawn
    SBR youtube Channels
    aggieshawn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1674

I lost a hand playing poker too. Wanna hear about it?
    Story too long.