secretstash
    secretstash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 45

Being kicked out of tournaments that u pay the 22pt buyin for is a bad software issue

I paid 22 pts for todays tournament.. was running late to get home to play in it.. but I paid earlier today bout 3 hrs ago.

i got home at 5:17 and i was already booted.

if u ask me this rule has to be changed for 100% paid in tournaments.

just saying its kind of whack and im sure it has made quite a few people upset.

booting someone from a free tournament for pros i understand.. but booting someone who just spent 22 pts to enter and they start a little late is bad idea.. and needs to be corrected in the next software update.

Sbr John/Lou/sam/shari/Rod...someone bring this up in the board meeting

-stash
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BeerDog99, and BigDaddy

BGboothA
    BGboothA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 212

Couldn't agree more....I understand the freerolls, but these sunday ones, should be fixed.

hhsilver
    hhsilver's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29862

I agree. This seems harsh for a buy-in game.

In a related note. I was very late for the 6pm friday facebook one ( no buy in of course). just to see how it was going I opened it at about 6:35 -6:40. To my surprise I was still alive with about 800 chips ( i think - maybe it was less, but it was a bit more than BB+SB) Was this a fluke? or is the facebook one treated differently because the purpose of it seems to be to get some new players here.

no1here
    no1here's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6547

I was booted when I paid 300 points, I thought this problem of being booted from cash buy-in was corrected long ago.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by no1here View Post
    I was booted when I paid 300 points, I thought this problem of being booted from cash buy-in was corrected long ago.
    what cost 300 points?

secretstash

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    what cost 300 points?
    probably the drs without borders he means.

-stash

mih847
    DA BEARS
    mih847's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

with u

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

My clock showed 14 minutes after published start time when I got here today, to be already booted.

At least give us the full advertised 15 minutes if you are going to screw us on buy-in tourneys! It's not like they even start on time so no way they should boot us early like this.

Romocide
    Romocide's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3108

This has happened to me at least 3 times already. Would be nice if the software at least popped up to let you know the tourney had started. God forbid I forget about a tourney I signed up for 2 hours earlier and don't remember until 16 minutes in. Why can't it just sit you out until you come back or the blinds drain you?

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hi guys,

Ironically it was actually the users that demanded this add-on months ago. Can't be turned on or off depending which way the wind blows.

Quote Originally Posted by Romocide View Post
    Would be nice if the software at least popped up to let you know the tourney had started.
    How is it going to pop up if you have the application closed? That's basically saying SBR Poker should operate like no applications in the history of the computing universe. =)

If you are logged into the software, it does pop your table up to seat you. On few, rare occasions we've had reports from users that had to restart the lobby (communication failure) to force the popup.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5224

where/when did we request that? we all seem to want it turned off. there have been multiple threads about this.

what you may be mistaking as this request may be people saying they dont want super slow bots taking forever every hand. that is different than their taking forever for one hand and then autofolding immediately when its their turn and getting blinded out.

BeerDog99
    BeerDog99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

There was a thread where somebody complained that the "sitters" were throwing off the game (because people would be trying to steal the dead money). I dont think there was huge support for this but there was a vocal group and SBR, to their credit, acted on it.

While I generally agree that it sucks to have a couple of sitters to my left and always getting raises before me to steal the dead money, and I can see the point about not allowing sitters in limited seating (free) tourneys but I do not agree with kicking sitters from buyin tourneys.

secretstash

how can the feature not be added that in BUY IN tournaments the knock out feature is lifted? seems pretty possible to code if u ask me.. but who knows.

just saying on sunday when its 100% a buyin tournament it should never kick a player..

-stash

Jimmy Proffett
    Jimmy Proffett's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 954

Or people should take care of personal matters and just show up on time if they've registered early. Otherwise there's a bunch of empty seats and then the people fortunate enough to sit to the right of those empty seats get rewarded over and over. If SBR didn't take a stand and boot players that aren't there half the participants wouldn't show up until 20 minutes after the start.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: SBR Lou

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Proffett View Post
    Or people should take care of personal matters and just show up on time if they've registered early. Otherwise there's a bunch of empty seats and then the people fortunate enough to sit to the right of those empty seats get rewarded over and over. If SBR didn't take a stand and boot players that aren't there half the participants wouldn't show up until 20 minutes after the start.
    Then they lose their blinds....if u pay....ur chips should sit until they are blinded away...

VERY VERY VERY simple

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Proffett View Post
    Thanks Jimmy. Glad somebody gets it.

We'll look into turning it off for the Sunday tournaments, so the folks who just refuse to be on-time can still show up fashionably late.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

In any other poker tournament I've ever played in (live and online) players that aren't sitting in get blinded away till the very end, and can come and go as they please....It is part of the strategy IMO of a poker tournament (when to attempt to steal the dead money, when to protect or spot someone weak trying to steal, etc)....Also sucks for late players, I've never seen this before

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Yes, see Phil Helmueth. Nothing wrong with showing up late. For some it's strategy not to mess around when the blinds are small. I am all for booting people for free tourneys but would support a no-boot policy for buy-ins.

jeffdane
    jeffdane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

absolutely no reason to boot on any circumstance. if we can show up 10 minutes late why cant we show up 40 minutes late?

and on many occasions the game did not start for me, even though the poker application was started and running. just saying.

VBPro7
    VBPro7's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4802

I've been bitch'n about this rule for a while. What else? Did you guys see the high roller tourny? ALSO BOOTED in 15 MINTUES! Don't be LATE!

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Be nice guys.

It's probably not as simple as it sounds to make the timeout different for 1 tourney per week.

20Four7
    Timmy T = Failure
    20Four7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4120

Quote Originally Posted by tatddy View Post
    Yes, see Phil Helmueth. Nothing wrong with showing up late. For some it's strategy not to mess around when the blinds are small. I am all for booting people for free tourneys but would support a no-boot policy for buy-ins.
    This is the correct solution.

Nittany Lion
    Nittany Lion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 675

Boot for free tourneys, don't boot for paid tourneys. Or maybe boot for paid tourneys after 35 mins or something, if the person doesn't show up by then, they won't be coming.

VBPro7
    VBPro7's Avatar SBR PRO

Happened to me again today. Paid 22 points to be in the tourny today and i got held up in RL and was 40 mins late. I was obviously already kicked. ****'N SuX! I want my 22 Pts back! This rule is G@yer than Richard Simmons

VBPro7
    VBPro7's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Nittany Lion View Post
    ...Or maybe boot for paid tourneys after 35 mins or something, if the person doesn't show up by then, they won't be coming.
    You sure Einstein? They should just take the rule out entirely. Makes no F'in sense to have the rule anyway. Free or paid tourny. Want to be democratic? Have a vote, i bet you only Yi$$y will vote to keep this rule.

Landscaper
    Banned
    Landscaper's Avatar Become A Pro!

This clown Stash crying about betpoints again

Good god u r pathetic.. How bout u get a life pal

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25117

Quote Originally Posted by Landscaper View Post
    This clown Stash crying about betpoints again

Good god u r pathetic.. How bout u get a life pal
    Does it make you more or less pathetic that you consistently find time to always tell other people on a forum how pathetic they are?

Just curious on scale of pathetic.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

VBPro, I vote you stop complaining about everything.
    Points Awarded:

VBPro7 gave yisman 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Landscaper
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by downsouth View Post

Does it make you more or less pathetic that you consistently find time to always tell other people on a forum how pathetic they are?

Just curious on scale of pathetic.
    Not sure but you r on this site way to fckn much pal.. Let me guess u working on getting another badge?

Lol now piss off go eat your sandwich your mommy made for u

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff

Not sure but you r on this site way to fckn much pal.. Let me guess u working on getting another badge?

Lol now piss off go eat your sandwich your mommy made for u
    Look there you go again, chiming in about someone spending too much time here when it appears you also find time to log in daily. I spend a decent amount of time here mainly because I enjoy it. You obviously spend your time here trolling, good for you.

And the last mommy that made me a sandwich was yours and that was after I threw her in the front yard and had to hit her with the hose.

Now cut my grass and you better bag the trimmings or no mas trabajar for you Juan.
    Points Awarded:

Landscaper gave downsouth 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Landscaper
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by downsouth View Post

Look there you go again, chiming in about someone spending too much time here when it appears you also find time to log in daily. I spend a decent amount of time here mainly because I enjoy it. You obviously spend your time here trolling, good for you.

And the last mommy that made me a sandwich was yours and that was after I threw her in the front yard
    and had to hit her with the hose.

Now cut my grass and you better bag the trimmings or no mas trabajar for you Juan.
    U never bag the trimmings... U see they act as a natural fertilizer. Anyhow I'm sure u don't even have a lawn to enjoy and my guess is your another tar baby that lives on concrete in some sht hole apartment in Detroit or other inner city where u people gather.

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff

No tar baby here, have always had properties with acreage(moved out of inner city about 10 years ago). I do own a very small apartment complex(I own rental properties for a living).

I actually know about the grass trimmings thing as I keep a couple of guys around that maintain my properties and I ve picked up a few things over the years.

VBPro7
    VBPro7's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    VBPro, I vote you stop complaining about everything.
    Don't forget the 7 Yi$$y. Glad you are paying attention though and i will take your advise into consideration but the kick rule still sucks.

VBPro7
    VBPro7's Avatar SBR PRO

...Let me guess u working on getting another badge?
    He sure earned the "ignore the F' out of me" badge last night for being everywhere

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff

Quote Originally Posted by VBPro7 View Post
    He sure earned the "ignore the F' out of me" badge last night for being everywhere

Are you saying I ignored you?

12 Last