me-first
    me-first's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Do Saturday/Sunday tourneys count towards these standings?
    was just about to ask that..1st time around they did, not sure about now..

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Lou posted that weekend tournaments would not count this time.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Correct, no Facebook tourneys, weekend tourneys, etc. The only tournaments that count are the regular, 7-per day posted in the schedule thread. We've made this change after user feedback from last year.

playersonly69
    playersonly69's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 142

Well how come TEXAS doesnt get its own team?

We are our own country anyway. Texas is the only state that can secede from US.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

more crying about americans crying than actual americans crying in this thread

for example i posted the fact that americans can't buy points, not sure how that could be construed as "crying" since i didn't complain about it, just pointed out something that favors europeans/world members

great tournament sbr - thanks!

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9208

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    48% occupies 3 different teams
    52% is 1 team.

See the difference?

Find another website that tracks it based anywhere else in the world. If your findings are that much different I will take a step back.

You see, the world isn't "collectively" betting the same sports.

The 6.5% in Canada don't give a fukk about Indian cricket leagues the 3.8% there care about. Just like the 2.4% in Sweden don't care about the less than 1% in a South American country that has professional baseball league.

From down here it can come across as "this site should be 100% focused on us" on the few occasions it's been tougher to be American on SBR. But I was really just ribbing you Rudy. I agree it does suck for Americans this time, and would be disappointed it's so hard to make the team too in your shoes.

Unless there is a technical reason, or they can't think of a way to face off an odd number of teams, I'd split the US if I was SBR.

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5338

Fuking US is going to be real tough to make.

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Lou View Post
    Correct, no Facebook tourneys, weekend tourneys, etc. The only tournaments that count are the regular, 7-per day posted in the schedule thread. We've made this change after user feedback from last year.
    That sux.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9208

Just take the top 20 and put all the odd numbers in one team and the evens in the other? If it turns out the 20th ranked Yank would have made another team.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Just take the top 20 and put all the odd numbers in one team and the evens in the other? If it turns out the 20th ranked Yank would have made another team.

I like this idea of an "Earth" team.

The top 10 point earners not already on a team make up another team.

Granted about 11-15th should be USA, but this way if someone from Europe, Canada, or World is a high point earner but narrowly misses on their team, he is awarded a spot as well.

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere

Totally agree.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5224

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    We did study all the options. I think the best option is to allow the US team a couple of alternates. These alternates will not play unless someone on the team can not make it. The end result is the US would still have a single team, there would still be the exact format and each team would have an equal chance to win.

If we make a minor modification such as adding a couple of alternates there will need to be overwhelming evidence that this is needed. Such evidence could be that the 11th place US player would be first in at least one region.

Bottomline is play hard and we will look at this in March and see if a non format changing modification is warranted, if it is, what it will be. For now; just play hard.
    this is a terrible modification; the problem is not in the tournament play (where they would see an advantage from this change), the problems with USA's saturation is the qualifying process.

so this does not make very much sense sir. once they get IN the tournament its fair....the process of getting in is whats not fair to american competitors.

RudyRuetigger

Also, these are 10 person tables the whole time, but when you get to the world cup final it gets cut to 4 person tables. These are complete opposites as far as table dynamics. Someone that qualifies at full ring tables might suck at 4 handed.

If we had 5 teams, 2 people could play in each tournament meaning 10 people start (although collusion might become a factor )

playersonly69

The best idea in this whole thread. And I am in the lead and I still agree with this idea. It will also increase the excitement near the end of the contest for the extra bubble. MAKE IT HAPPEN JOHN!!!

I liked the idea so much that I just gave a point for a post for the FIRST TIME in my life!I have never done it before, but really havent seen many posts worthy of points until you made this one
    We did study all the options. I think the best option is to allow the US team a couple of alternates. These alternates will not play unless someone on the team can not make it. The end result is the US would still have a single team, there would still be the exact format and each team would have an equal chance to win.

If we make a minor modification such as adding a couple of alternates there will need to be overwhelming evidence that this is needed. Such evidence could be that the 11th place US player would be first in at least one region.

Bottomline is play hard and we will look at this in March and see if a non format changing modification is warranted, if it is, what it will be. For now; just play hard.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1710

Step up your game and wipe the tears away.

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

It's a fun format but it is harder to make the US team. Just like in real life. If you want to make the US Olympic team you may not make it and very likely you're a lot better than some other athlete of a different country.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Glitch

RudyRuetigger

Quote Originally Posted by playersonly69 View Post
    The best idea in this whole thread. And I am in the lead and I still agree with this idea. It will also increase the excitement near the end of the contest for the extra bubble. MAKE IT HAPPEN JOHN!!!

I liked the idea so much that I just gave a point for a post for the FIRST TIME in my life!I have never done it before, but really havent seen many posts worthy of points until you made this one
    who the hell is going to play every day for 3 months and then decide they dont want to play and let an alternate take their spot?
    in extreme cases where a person can not make it, an alternate should be given whether its from USA or any other team.
    Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Step up your game and wipe the tears away.

you guys are hilarious. there is no crying here. ive given pretty good examples and even stated 1 team seems fair in atleast 2 posts.

it is a discussion. things have changed for the better on sbr in certain situations because of discussions. if you don't like it, dont click the thread

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    who the hell is going to play every day for 3 months and then decide they dont want to play and let an alternate take their spot?
    in extreme cases where a person can not make it, an alternate should be given whether its from USA or any other team.

you guys are hilarious. there is no crying here. ive given pretty good examples and even stated 1 team seems fair in atleast 2 posts.

it is a discussion. things have changed for the better on sbr in certain situations because of discussions. if you don't like it, dont click the thread

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere

It's a fun format but it is harder to make the US team. Just like in real life. If you want to make the US Olympic team you may not make it and very likely you're a lot better than some other athlete of a different country.
    Sorry but this is a dumb comment.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Well put John

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

Last year, I was the bubble boy for the US Team and even though it always sucks to bubble, it was particularly painful to know that I would have made the Team except that the last spot was awarded to a random player on each team with a set minimum number of points won but with the most posts.

I am glad that at least this year, all spots on each team will be earned based solely on play during the qualifying period. I like the Ryder Cup approach to the teams for this Tourney, it's kinda cool concept.

I wouldn't mind seeing a "Under Dog" Team, take the top two bubble boys from each team and last two spots going to top two scorers left overall.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Glitch

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

This.

RudyRuetigger

arguing the olympic format isnt good at all. i already asked why we dont have haitian olympic divers and iraqi syncronized swimmers

but for the 3rd time in this thread, since its the "World Cup" and not Olympics I have no problem with 1 team only
    Last edited by RudyRuetigger; 01-08-12 at 03:54 PM.

aggieshawn
    SBR youtube Channels
    aggieshawn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1482

Go Tebow.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Roadtrip635 View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing a "Under Dog" Team, take the top two bubble boys from each team and last two spots going to top two scorers left overall.
    then they dont occupy a represented region and that contradicts the seemingly intended purpose. but it is a good idea in theory.

playersonly69

John, your idea of a few US alternates is a good idea. It will quite anyone complaining about it being harder to make the US squad. The alternates only come into play on the days that one of the US team guys cant play or something like that

playersonly69

Quote Originally Posted by Roadtrip635 View Post

Great idea! Now this would make everyone happy.

By the way John, I think that you will see that Europe and the WORLD teams need to combine for the next Ryder Cup. Then maybe you can give Canada, USA and World/Europe 2 different teams each for a total of 6

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by playersonly69 View Post
    John, your idea of a few US alternates is a good idea. It will quite anyone complaining about it being harder to make the US squad. The alternates only come into play on the days that one of the US team guys cant play or something like that
    the problem is that it creates an unfair advantage favoring the individuals that make team america. those individuals were not even the ones inconvenienced.

last year if your person didnt fill their tournament slot, your team just doesnt get any points for that specific tournament.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9605

sbr poker tourney today

roxy goes all in with kings, 3 9 offsuit calls , it was a 1st time player
    a 1st time player with a weird name goes all in with 7 4, roxy calls with queens and wins
    roxy goes all in with the nuts and gets a call with someone that had 8 high???????
    roxy goes all in against a certain player with one pair and gets a call with someone that had king high no pair???

i wrote down the hands

gonna have to start taping

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    sbr poker tourney today

a 1st time player with a weird name goes all in with 7 4, roxy calls with queens and wins
    roxy goes all in with the nuts and gets a call with someone that had 8 high???????
    roxy goes all in against a certain player with one pair and gets a call with someone that had king high no pair???

i wrote down the hands

Someone called him with 8 high?

playersonly69

Roxyfish, this is bullshit!!! It is OBVIOUS that the other players were on your payroll and collusion was taking place. I was at your table at the very beginning and I saw 2 of those hands. I really wasnt paying that much attention, but I remeber the first hand.

This is TOTAL bullshit guys! How often does this guy do this in the daily tournaments???
    sbr poker tourney today

i wrote down the hands

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1710

sbr poker tourney today

i wrote down the hands

Hmm, this explains a lot.

BeerDog99
    BeerDog99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

TTwarrior, given you have been here so long and you state you are an awesome poker player, it would make sense that if you were going to accuse somebody of doing something wrong at the poker table , you would follow a few basic and reasonable guidelines:

1) Post the actual evidence and details so the entire picture can be told and evaluated.
    2) Post in a separate thread and do not hijack and/or bury it in other thread.
    3) Stand up and be clear about what you are accusing who of.

This is the second time I have seen you do this. ( you were obtusely accusing Rudy of impropriety in Yisman's thread).

BeerDog99
    BeerDog99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

and just to be clear, I have seen a lot of really bad/weird plays in my favour and against and I have not colluded with anyone. If you pick out one or two hands where someone makes a really bad play against someone, it is not always colluding.

First 1234 Last