pako74
    pako74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1199

Why was i kicked out so early in 9 pm tourn

I was running late and when i got home and logged in around 9:12 I was already kicked out of the tourney? What is the rule on when an inactive stack gets kicked out. Being kicked out in the first 10-15 minutes means I might have missed maybe 2 or 3 turns at most?

Again, Can someone explain at what time a person gets kicked out of a tourney because he did not get to the table on time?

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

its not a freeroll, why are we even kicking people out at all?

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by pako74 View Post
    I was running late and when i got home and logged in around 9:12 I was already kicked out of the tourney? What is the rule on when an inactive stack gets kicked out. Being kicked out in the first 10-15 minutes means I might have missed maybe 2 or 3 turns at most?

Again, Can someone explain at what time a person gets kicked out of a tourney because he did not get to the table on time?
    Hi pako - It's 15 minutes

pako74
    pako74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1199

ok i guess. Like I said it was before the 15 min mark, but no worries. I know for next time.

jeffdane
    jeffdane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

if we pay we should be able to show up whenever we want. everyone has to agree with this.

BeerDog99
    BeerDog99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

I agree, kickin people is wrong, especially if it is paid for tourney. Freerolls should be same but I can understand that SBR has full right to decide on that.

I know some people have complained in past but I am guessing it is less of an issue nowadays and either way, that is a part of normal onlinepoker tourneys, therefore some dead seats should not really be a big problem.

just my opinion.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by BeerDog99 View Post
    I agree, kickin people is wrong, especially if it is paid for tourney. Freerolls should be same but I can understand that SBR has full right to decide on that.

I know some people have complained in past but I am guessing it is less of an issue nowadays and either way, that is a part of normal onlinepoker tourneys, therefore some dead seats should not really be a big problem.

just my opinion.
    No one wants to play with guys who just blind their way through until a lot of people have been knocked off. Even if you've done it accidentally (and trust me pako, I f'd myself royally in the charity tourney as well as those who bet on me), it's still not fair. Especially at a place like SBR where some guys value points as much as they value their toe lint. That's not fair to those who have been legitimately playing. Official time limit is 15 mins from starting... I'd give it 10 as we all have different clocks, servers, connections, etc. If you can't get there within that time limit, then please understand that there would've been many others waiting to take your place and who would've showed up on time.

GL guys and don't hammer me when I get in there

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity
    BiTeMe UsAdOj's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    I f'd myself... hammer me when I get in there
    Uh huh huh huh... Shari said she f'd herself and now wants to be hammered... uh huh huh huh... subliminal Freudian slip sex messages from Shari are kewl... uh huh huh huh

JDUB07
    Houston Cougars!!!
    JDUB07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

That is ridiculous. People all around the world show up to poker tournaments late. You shouldn't be kicked out of the tournament especically when you are buying into it in my opinion.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

I think it is based on a certain number of hands which is why it can be before 15 minutes.

I do agree that buy-ins shouldn't boot so early but SBR has it this way for all their tournaments and maybe they don't want to adjust it just for certain ones.

Especially at a place like SBR where some guys value points as much as they value their toe lint.
    To be fair, at real money poker sites I think they even value their money more than their toe lint!

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5224

i agree that all the players should/probably agree that getting kicked from a pay tournament (entry fee/ non-free roll) is wrong and not cool.

you make a valid point in terms of why these early exit policies exist but if someone really has a big problem with people blinding out through the first 30 minutes and coming back to a short stack- they probably need to just play slower and more honest.

this is a good opportunity to make another good change to sbr poker.

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1091

I agree too, if you pay for a buy in, you should be allowed to stay in until you're blinded out! Shit happens and sometimes people are late or have to step away for a bit.

nosniboR11
    fu
    nosniboR11's Avatar Become A Pro!

heck sbr poker is becoming a joke, you pay and late get booted, you pay for a tourney and still have to rollover when you win, not even worth it anymore